Volunteer vs. Cocke County

vhs57

Volunteer will win this game if we come out with the intensity they had versus Boone. They can't be too cocky. If volunteer wins out its playoffs.

Volunteer- 21

Cocke Co.- 0

* Shane Barlow and Keith Cradic should both shine with some great runs and for Cradic some great throwing.

Edited by vhs57

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteer will win this game if we come out with the intensity they had versus Boone. They can't be too cocky. If volunteer wins out its playoffs.

Volunteer- 21

Cocke Co.- 0

* Shane Barlow and Keith Cradic should both shine with some great runs and for Cradic some great throwing.

The whole team needs to shine just like they did at Boone, a team consists of

11 players and they all need to do their best in order to win. Coach Rider has

worked with you guys all summer and school year and you are now showing

you are a team. Don't let up, last week was the best football played at VHS in

a long----------time. Keep up the good work and we can celebrate when the

playoffs are over. Your fans were there for you last week and we will be there

for you this Friday when CC visits. Go Falcons :thumb::thumb:

4 and 3 will get you into the playoffs but you have to win out over Cocke Co. and the Chiefs. How 'bout it, Falcons, what are the odds of making it ..... sure thing, good, fair, maybe, no way?

i may be fooled, but I doubt they'll beat Cocke County 21-0.

It'll be a lot more competitive than that.

May be an offensive shootout? Both teams defenses are somewhat suspect.

CC will play Volunteer till the end.I've posted in other threads,IF THEY DONT GIVE CC JUST DUE THEY WILL LOSE!!!!!!! All that hard work coming together and turning it around will be for nothing.The goal is to make the playoffs,recently you learned how to win,together.Playing confident is great but confidence is not thinking you will stomp somebody.You have to give respect, confidence is knowing and believing you will rise to the occasion whatever that might be.CC will play you very hard and are going to make plays on you and create oppertunities.You dont need to help them out by thinking you can turn it on anytime you want on them.Momentum works miracles in a football game and you must control that no matter who you are playn.You have to get it and keep it, if they get it theres only 2 ways to get it back.You either make a big play, or turnover or you stall the game till that rush leaves them and the game calms back down.You have to protect from letting them make back to back to back big plays.If they get a turnover dont drop your head for a play or two.Thats when you really have to focus and rise to the occasion as a team.If anybody is dwelling on what just happened(while your not focusing on whats happening now)something else will happen and so on and so on.Before you know it your mind is running behind on every play,and on the scoreboard.CC will not win with personal, but they will beat you with momentum or a lack of respect for them.Do not come out flat or unfocused thinking about playoffs or what could happen with a win here and a loss there and so forth.You guys that play,think about it, when you get momentum on your side you dont feel tired your not thinking of anything else.Its like being in a zone and you are totally focused and in touch with whats going on.On top of the fact, that you feel invincible at the time and you play to the max of your potential during that time.What makes it even more critical is it effects the whole team at the same time, meaning at that time all 11 are playn to there full potential with total concentration at the same time.Good things happen, how can a team look so dominating in one drive and look bad for the next 4 or 5 drives, or even the rest of the night.Good teams know how to seize the momentum in a game and keep it.They come out early and establish it and dont slack or lapse and allow the other team to take it.I have a really bad feeling about a letdown for you guys this week.If you want to win you better have your mind serious about it and realize it will take every bit the effort to win this game as it did for Boone!!!! Volunteer 28 CC 27

Edited by backinblack

i may be fooled, but I doubt they'll beat Cocke County 21-0.

It'll be a lot more competitive than that.

May be an offensive shootout? Both teams defenses are somewhat suspect.

Not to be rude bud, but how can you say our Defense is suspect? We held the best running back in the conference who had like 1000 yards on the season to just 87 yards. I believe that Jordan Sandige will lead the defense by making big plays. I dont think Cocke county will pass a lot against us. They will try to run in down our throat. That's when our big, new, and improved defensive line will come in handy. Cocke county might score but I still believe that if Volunteer keeps the intensity from Boone we'll win, maybe not BIG but we'll win. Confidence is one thing Volunteer has never had. Now we have that.

CC will play Volunteer till the end.I've posted in other threads,IF THEY DONT GIVE CC JUST DUE THEY WILL LOSE!!!!!!! All that hard work coming together and turning it around will be for nothing.The goal is to make the playoffs,recently you learned how to win,together.Playing confident is great but confidence is not thinking you will stomp somebody.You have to give respect, confidence is knowing and believing you will rise to the occasion whatever that might be.CC will play you very hard and are going to make plays on you and create oppertunities.You dont need to help them out by thinking you can turn it on anytime you want on them.Momentum works miracles in a football game and you must control that no matter who you are playn.You have to get it and keep it, if they get it theres only 2 ways to get it back.You either make a big play, or turnover or you stall the game till that rush leaves them and the game calms back down.You have to protect from letting them make back to back to back big plays.If they get a turnover dont drop your head for a play or two.Thats when you really have to focus and rise to the occasion as a team.If anybody is dwelling on what just happened(while your not focusing on whats happening now)something else will happen and so on and so on.Before you know it your mind is running behind on every play,and on the scoreboard.CC will not win with personal, but they will beat you with momentum or a lack of respect for them.Do not come out flat or unfocused thinking about playoffs or what could happen with a win here and a loss there and so forth.You guys that play,think about it, when you get momentum on your side you dont feel tired your not thinking of anything else.Its like being in a zone and you are totally focused and in touch with whats going on.On top of the fact, that you feel invincible at the time and you play to the max of your potential during that time.What makes it even more critical is it effects the whole team at the same time, meaning at that time all 11 are playn to there full potential with total concentration at the same time.Good things happen, how can a team look so dominating in one drive and look bad for the next 4 or 5 drives, or even the rest of the night.Good teams know how to seize the momentum in a game and keep it.They come out early and establish it and dont slack or lapse and allow the other team to take it.I have a really bad feeling about a letdown for you guys this week.If you want to win you better have your mind serious about it and realize it will take every bit the effort to win this game as it did for Boone!!!! Volunteer 28 CC 27

BnB seems to be trying to get inside someones head. I don't think too many if any

of the Falcons read these post until after the game. And B N B's long posting is just that L-----O----N----G, no one wants to win more than the Falcons and we have to give a lot of the credit to Coach Rider and the rest of the Coaches they

are instrumental in bringing the team to the level they are now playing at.

I know that most of the other teams dread to see this but HEY ChurchHill at one

time was a powerhouse and they can & WILL be again.

TO the team if you read this: Be Strong, Listen to your coaches, Play hard and

Win, then take the accolades from your FANS in the Stands, they are behing you

100%. Don't Let Up. Show all these people posting on this site just what you are

made of. It feels good to win doesn" it. Way to Go Team :thumb::D

4 and 3 will get you into the playoffs but you have to win out over Cocke Co. and the Chiefs. How 'bout it, Falcons, what are the odds of making it ..... sure thing, good, fair, maybe, no way?

I think our odds are great after beating Boone. We are so confident in our abilities now, not cocky, confident. We arean't looking past Cocke county to Cherokee. We are working to be 1-0 this week. We'll worry about Cherokee when that time comes.

Not to be rude bud, but how can you say our Defense is suspect? We held the best running back in the conference who had like 1000 yards on the season to just 87 yards. I believe that Jordan Sandige will lead the defense by making big plays. I dont think Cocke county will pass a lot against us. They will try to run in down our throat. That's when our big, new, and improved defensive line will come in handy. Cocke county might score but I still believe that if Volunteer keeps the intensity from Boone we'll win, maybe not BIG but we'll win. Confidence is one thing Volunteer has never had. Now we have that.

Giving up 44 to Greeneville and 55 to East is where I came up with that.