Volunteer vs. Cocke County

vhs57

Volunteer 27 Cocke County 0

Good win tonight. Get ready for Cherokee. That will be a tough game as usual and probably even tougher than usual with the playoffs in sight for the winner.

I thought we looked good and put together a decent game but we did not look as good as last week at Boone. We did get everyone in the game tonight including the Freshmen. Short week to prepare for the showdown with Cherokee. Everyone will need to stay focused and not get into the hype ( pranks ) that usually occur this week. Thursday night will come soon and you guys are gonna have to turn it up another notch if you want in the playoffs. If you want it you will have to earn it and nothing will be easy Thursday Night.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were right it was 27-0.....defense, defense, defense..don't think it was as suspect as you thought

I'll give you and Volunteer a benefit of the doubt.

BUT

I'll hold a final judgement till next week. Cocke County has 1524 of total offense in NINE games and is averaging 8.6 points per game (those include defensive/special teams TDs as well). We'll see how VHS fares defensively against Cherokee...

Congrats on fridays w guys. I've been a Falcon fan for several years and have seen a lot of highs and lows (mostly lows), I'll have to say this years team should be commended for battling all year especially after a terrible start. You guys have never quit and it has paid off. I don't know what is going to happen Thursday but I think you guys have been fun to watch and I look forward to watching the rest of this season, and next year has the potential to be really special. Good luck Thursday Falcons. Lets get a W and go to South. In 2002 I got to watch my son and his teammates play in the playoffs and it was a great feeling. Hope you guys get to experience that same feeling. It starts Monday at practice.

Prepare hard this week and enjoy the moment Thursday.