Smyrna Scheduling Woes

tnko

Coach, you're killing me! Stop it!

Good job of deleting your posts.

Coach, how come you have not answered the questions I posed? If you do not want to anser them, just say so. Quit skirting the issue.

Texas23, I agree. :thumb:

Okay, you're right. I apologize for carrying this on too far. Acting a little immature right now and I need to settle down. E-mail me if you want me to answer any questions. I just really don't recall you asking me a specific question.

gonyeam@rcs.k12.tn.us

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the man to do it. It's about time they got rid of their last coach Gonya. He was a joke. I know Coach Garner will take this team to the top. They should have given him the job a few years ago.

Are you the alter ego of Coach Gonyea? I see you have signed your name that way before......what is up with that?

What is this? One minute we are being told the coach left of his own accord, the next, something different. I don't care. However, can we stop the Love Fest for Coach G. Next thing I will hear is that you want to have a Group Hug. You would think this was a top notch program. Remember, this is a team that did not take a wrestler to the state 2 years ago. Do not get on here and tell me how great the program is when we are being told how many Rutherford County Crowns they have won and how many Districts have been won. Move on. Who is the new coach, what is his background, what kind of success has he had? Answer these and let's discuss what their future holds. No more District Championships PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. How is the Smyrna Region one of the toughest Regions? Outside of Franklin, who else has won anything, much less placed. Until this region does something in the state, be quiet. I am not trying to be harsh, just trying to be real.

hoosierdad, to be honest, I Haven't heard any bragging on this Smyrna team since last year and thats where the team now would like to leave it.... LAST YEAR!... The only thing YOU need to know about the new head coach is that hes probably not going to be on this site very much especially talking SMACK and taking LOW BLOWS at other coaches and other programs!! I don't know where you come from... HOOSIERVILLE INDIANA OR MIDDLE TN, but show some class my friend, or if you see a SMYRNA THREAD on here.... do yourself a favor..... DONT-CLICK- ON- IT. :thumb:

hoosierdad, to be honest, I Haven't heard any bragging on this Smyrna team since last year and thats where the team now would like to leave it.... LAST YEAR!... The only thing YOU need to know about the new head coach is that hes probably not going to be on this site very much especially talking SMACK and taking LOW BLOWS at other coaches and other programs!! I don't know where you come from... HOOSIERVILLE INDIANA OR MIDDLE TN, but show some class my friend, or if you see a SMYRNA THREAD on here.... do yourself a favor..... DONT-CLICK- ON- IT. ;)

When someone gets on here and advises of all of the championships they have won, I call it bragging. What do you call it? I asked for some information and background regarding the new coach, not for him to come on here and talk SMACK and taking LOW BLOWS at other coaches. Why would you or anybody else not want to tell the background of your coach? If you are saying that is what I was doing, you are DEAD WRONG. :thumb: There was nothing I said that was wrong or talking smack. It appears the truth hurts SOME more than others.

Now CLICK-ON my friend. :rolleyes:

When someone gets on here and advises of all of the championships they have won, I call it bragging. What do you call it? I asked for some information and background regarding the new coach, not for him to come on here and talk SMACK and taking LOW BLOWS at other coaches. Why would you or anybody else not want to tell the background of your coach? If you are saying that is what I was doing, you are DEAD WRONG. :thumb: There was nothing I said that was wrong or talking smack. It appears the truth hurts SOME more than others.

Now CLICK-ON my friend. :thumb:

I would like to know of any bragging of championships by Smyrna this year????? I can't recall.... also Coach G. or any other Smyrna supporter was never this year SMACK TALKING or taking LOW BLOWS at any coach or team in TN. You were doing all that. You and some kid (DblTch).... but we A-DULTS expect that from a kid! ''can we stop the love fest for coach G''- ''next thing you'll wanna have a group hug" -''you would think this was a top notch program''- '' dont tell me how great the program is when we are being told how many Rutherford County crowns and Districts they have won.. move on"- no more district championships please!!!!!!''- until this region does something in state, be quiet''- ''outside of Franklin who else has won anything much less placed'' ...... Heck with that last one there you practically slapped everyone in MIDDLE TN in the face!!! If it looks like SMACK TALKING, and it sounds like LOW BLOWS, it probably is. BUT I GUESS YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT?

I would like to know of any bragging of championships by Smyrna this year????? I can't recall.... also Coach G. or any other Smyrna supporter was never this year SMACK TALKING or taking LOW BLOWS at any coach or team in TN. You were doing all that. You and some kid (DblTch).... but we A-DULTS expect that from a kid! ''can we stop the love fest for coach G''- ''next thing you'll wanna have a group hug" -''you would think this was a top notch program''- '' dont tell me how great the program is when we are being told how many Rutherford County crowns and Districts they have won.. move on"- no more district championships please!!!!!!''- until this region does something in state, be quiet''- ''outside of Franklin who else has won anything much less placed'' ...... Heck with that last one there you practically slapped everyone in MIDDLE TN in the face!!! If it looks like SMACK TALKING, and it sounds like LOW BLOWS, it probably is. BUT I GUESS YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT?

i do not think dblTch is a kid.....

The only thing that concerns me about Smyrna is that the middle school coach bumped up to the high school and a new middle school coach was not named. They are not in the MTWA this year, dropping out because they had no coach. Does not bode well for the future of their high school program.

The only thing that concerns me about Smyrna is that the middle school coach bumped up to the high school and a new middle school coach was not named. They are not in the MTWA this year, dropping out because they had no coach. Does not bode well for the future of their high school program.

Ouch! ;)

tnko - too sensitive. When a person gets on and starts telling everybody the number of championships they have won is SMACK TALKING. Now that's a LOW BLOW____ :P

Just got some good news, Angelo Giansante's family gave me his e-mail address over in Iraq. If you don't remember Angelo, he was State Champion in 1997 for Lavergne High School and assistant Coach at Smyrna High for the last 2 years.

Anyway,

if you get a chance, send an e-mail to him letting him know that you support him. I'm sure he'd love to hear from the TN wrestling community.

here is the address: azzisheart@yahoo.com

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High School

DblTech a kid??? What will be thought of next?

Ouch! ;)

tnko - too sensitive. When a person gets on and starts telling everybody the number of championships they have won is SMACK TALKING. Now that's a LOW BLOW____ :P

Don't know if DblTech is a kid or not.... don't care.... just sounds like one..... HOOSIERDAD, maybe I missed something in all these posts on all these threads and since it seems that Coach G. is deleting most of his posts.... and you seem to have them (because you keep showing them) please enlighten me on the post where Coach G. or someone else was bragging about Smyrna championships recently. Then I'll be content, happy, and quiet.

I helped out with that middle school team for 3 years. Unfortunately the program was a lost cause. Most people in school sports know that if you don't have parental involvement and the schools backing your not gonna have much of a program. If the parents and the schools administration dont support the coach the kids are going to raise havoc with no discipline and no worry of retrebution. You might say''well then send them boys home for good and kick them off the team''. ... but then that wouldn't be a team... they'ed all be at home. They didn't appreciate what a good thing they had and they lost it. It's definately not Coach Garners fought... he did the best he could with what little help he had. No mats, (all away matches) undisciplined kids, and for no pay. Coach Garner has always been a teacher at the High School. The position was offered and he certainly deserved it, so he took it.