Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

ImaOWL

Okay, I was wondering when someone would start this thread. And it is hard for me to bring myself to even comment.

This one is going to be ugly from the opening kickoff. I know anything can happen on the football field, but Soddy Daisy just doesn't have anything to bring to the battle. If they couldn't score on Oak Ridge or Farragut, what would make anyone think that they will score on Ooltewah. Oak Ridge only had about 45 yards after the first drive of the game. Farragut could not move the ball on the ground against the Owls, and Soddy does not have a passing attack.

All of this simply spells doom. Benny Monroe will have an opportunity to rest a lot of his starters. Playing all of the seniors (I believe I counted 17 on the roster) is not going to be a problem. Many of those who have seen little playing time will get the chance on Friday, and this one will still be about 35-0.

I sure hope Soddy improves next year, because it would be nice to see the Chattanooga side of region 2-5A more represented. This is a good rivalry that needs strength on both sides.

Sorry, but that is all I think this game will provide--that is maybe a look to the future.

In another thread it was said that the Ooltewah 9th grade team would see some action, too bad they would be playing Farragut the next day at McMinn Co. The Owl freshmen would probably beat Soddy's varsity by at least a couple of TD's anyway.

Your an idiot. How can ooltewah play their freshman, when soody kept Farraguts starters in the entire game

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Player of the Year is selected from the state championship team. Mr. Baseball is selected from all teams. 
    • Coach you have a nice prize to wear!         https://fb.watch/sawAhYWhgj/   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=79!  24011444328424&set=p.7924011444328424&type=3&av=100001589421439&eav=AfadioohtnZNQy-vVnXq06az2GqJPZy3Y9joqOBQqRFGvkVtD2OI7pZhcBy6ixvhG0w&__cft__[0]=AZVNVV5aVzYZ_AMN0gXeHg_JX-gQ7BCacySYGzQG6E7y92gjlBNFlwTT7g_zHH4dbQb9gsKNs5PWEMVTtmCD5FSopv-E7B4CB6qqQFHNCpNZI7JhMJFoJobnRhip-goK8lAHPw2sCJowK0o7uUpF1CEllHEmS5PaKfIrJf4vCXiBCdfUS0OMqZf7zpWsQjCfOGM0QjysLp8ynDd7-dpedtiC6KPF37hKkRM9iG4DrSpvxQ&__tn__=R]-R
    • The people need our help!
    • Lol when was last time they won region or got past the 3 rd round. 
    • Gravedigger gotta finish filling the hole before hitting 40 East. May need a new Yellow Shirt play signaler on the Stones. And apparently a new strength coach now. Cicadas must've got shaken out of the bushes in Donelson. Hopefully the mower man sticks around to keep DG field looking pristine. Maybe new OC can call in a favor to his PGA friends that knows a thing or two about being green during the season. The heat is on soon. Bring in the 2 way freak Iceman and cool things off. He knows a thing or 2 about wildcats. Gotta take our talents South soon for Nationals. Don't step on my blue suede shoes.