6-3A Scenarios?

lilromane

Hello. Can somebody lay out the 6-3A scenarios for me because I see that Fayette Ware and Bolivar are tied for the third and fourth sport and Liberty is a game behind them. And I know that Liberty and Bolivar play next week so what's the deal?

Actually Bolivar is sitting in that 3rd spot right now because they are 3-2 in the region. FW and Liberty both are 2-3 and are tied for 4th in the region with FW holding the tie break because they beat Liberty in a head to head match-up. So I think it shakes out like this.

If Bolivar and FW both win Friday then Bolivar is 3rd in the region, FW is 4th and Liberty is out. Its the same case if Bolivar loses and FW wins, because all would be 3-3 in the region with Bolivar and FW holding the tie breaks.

If FW and Bolivar both lose, Bolivar would slip down to 3-3 and be tied and slip to 4th in the region because FW would drop to 2-4 and be out, and Liberty would be 3-3 but hold the tie break on Bolivar.

IF FW loses and Bolivar wins, Bolivar would be 4-2 in the region and eliminate Liberty. FW would be tied with Liberty at 2-4 in the region, but FW holds the tie break.

I think thats right anyways, :thumb:

Actually Bolivar is sitting in that 3rd spot right now because they are 3-2 in the region. FW and Liberty both are 2-3 and are tied for 4th in the region with FW holding the tie break because they beat Liberty in a head to head match-up. So I think it shakes out like this.

If Bolivar and FW both win Friday then Bolivar is 3rd in the region, FW is 4th and Liberty is out. Its the same case if Bolivar loses and FW wins, because all would be 3-3 in the region with Bolivar and FW holding the tie breaks.

If FW and Bolivar both lose, Bolivar would slip down to 3-3 and be tied and slip to 4th in the region because FW would drop to 2-4 and be out, and Liberty would be 3-3 but hold the tie break on Bolivar.

IF FW loses and Bolivar wins, Bolivar would be 4-2 in the region and eliminate Liberty. FW would be tied with Liberty at 2-4 in the region, but FW holds the tie break.

I think thats right anyways, :thumb:

The Jackson South Side hosting Lexington game will decide #'s 1 & 2 in the region.

If Bolivar wins & Fayette Ware wins then Bolivar is #3 & FW is #4.

If Bolivar wins & Fayette Ware loses then Bolivar is #3 & Fayette Ware is #4.

If Bolivar loses & Fayette Ware wins then Fayette Ware is #3 & Liberty is #4.

If Bolivar loses & Fayette Ware loses then Bolivar is #3 & Fayette Ware is #4.

In order for Liberty to sneak into the playoffs they'd obviously have to beat Bolivar first then hope that Fayette Ware can pull it together this week and take care of business against Chester Co.

Wouldn't that make all 3 tied a t3-3 in the region with Bolivar holding the tie break over FW, and FW holind the tie break over Liberty?

No. All three teams would be 3-3 in the region with wins over one another. Fayette Ware would then be awarded the #3 seed because they'd have the greatest number of overall wins (6). Boilvar (5 wins) & Liberty (3 wins) would then be the only two teams remaining. Liberty would then be in, despite their ugly record, because they'd own the head-to-head over Bolivar.

Three way scenarios are factored as follows:

1.) Overall Wins

If someone has a greater # of overall wins compared to the other two teams that that team is awarded the highest possible seed.

2.) Head-to-Head