Top Underclassmen (Soph and Fresh)

Guest AJSheridan4

yeah that was real good comeback and i applaud what you had to say. i still feel that you didn't play well in any of the games against us. the goal in the playoffs was good but you did disappear for large chunks of that match. also you did infact make a good internet comeback which is always appreciated, but don't insult ones knowledge of the game unless you have some actual information on them.

and yeah we'll see you this monday. it'll be a good game. ya'll played notre dame much better than we did and im sure that whoever wins this match has the district in the bag. ive heard you guys have some players returning and some kinda foreigner who has good skill(but that could just be false information). so im sure you'll get your chances, and who knows, maybe even prove me wrong.

oh and as far as the reason this thread is here, i just want to throw out the name Matt Lowe. the kid is skilled with pace and power to boot. with his size and athleticism he could be one of the top eleven in the state by his senior season if he continues improving.

[Edited by DaVinci22 on 3-21-03 8:36P]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

There are a number of players that are really great soccer players on this thread. However, I can't believe that no one has said anything about GRANT SWAIN of Oneida. This kid has got all the skill and athleticism of a much more "seasoned" player. He is only a Freshman and teams in the future will defense him with a man assigned to him even though he plays in the mid-field.(come to think of it, that might have been a good thing to try this year) He can at this point be compare to anyone in his own district, which I might add is without question the toughest A-AA district in the state. His classmate, Marcus McColloch, is going to be one of the best Keepers in the state over the next few years if he continues to develop at his present rate. Right now he does an exceptional job of positioning to take on shots and reacts very well to shots. Bad news is, He WILL get BETTER. My two cents. :D

I think you make some valid points, but I must disagree with your choice of A-AA's toughest district in the state.

Lenoir City is very talented, but in the bigger picture, good Kingston and Oneida squads are merely mediocre.

Everybody knows the top A-AA district is usually D-11, with 5 or 6 of the Top 11 teams. That is until this year, where FRA is the only decent team.

I believe Districts 5 and 6 were the toughest to win, with teams like CCS and a surprising CSAS battling for the D-6 crown, and with Grace Academy and Sweetwater and McMinn Central over in D-5. Look at the District tournament scores and you'll see.

Well, if LC makes the grade, then one has to consider Kingston AND Oneida as much better than medicore. Please! LC has been pushed by K and O in their matchups this year. Oneida took Kingston through double overtime in the district before losing, then Kingston did the same to LC about 10 hours later.(on a rested LC's home field) There is not a wide difference in the ability of all three teams, and I would put this three against any other three teams from ANY district head to head. The results would certainly bear out my conviction that those three rule! LC or K will win the state this year,because their toughest competition isn't playing anymore. I put it out there, anybody think otherwise? :huh: