Mt. Pleasant vs. Collinwood All Time

mphstigerfan

The last time I looked the only humiliating factor I saw were the 6 goose eggs CW has and mTp has scored everytime we've met.

And you always harp on our defense?.....Right :D

No shutouts on our boys :blink:

we could have easily beat you 100 to nothing that night in 2002 but coach felt sorry for you and let the freshmen play....thats when you scored ......it was cool though we didnt run it up cause there were a couple of guys on my pleasant that were actually trying and it was right we gave them a little respect that night

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we could have easily beat you 100 to nothing that night in 2002 but coach felt sorry for you and let the freshmen play....thats when you scored ......it was cool though we didnt run it up cause there were a couple of guys on my pleasant that were actually trying and it was right we gave them a little respect that night

Their day will come, all this is gonna come back to bite them right in the @## one of these days. Let em have their fun, they'll get theirs.

With all due respect guys, before 2003 we had to listen to how we were the bottom of the barrell. Everybody walked on us, even CA and Cornersville. We were the Zion of region 6 just 5 years ago. The program has been rebuilt and is as strong as any team has ever been in this region. Read carefully ssssss and greenman "as strong" not better. Where this program was and where they are now, all fans including myself, have every right to brag. Someday MP will lose a region game and all of us will have to eat a little crow, but for now I'm personally on the train baby. All Tigers All the time. Welcome to the Jungle.

With all due respect guys, before 2003 we had to listen to how we were the bottom of the barrell. Everybody walked on us, even CA and Cornersville. We were the Zion of region 6 just 5 years ago. The program has been rebuilt and is as strong as any team has ever been in this region. Read carefully ssssss and greenman "as strong" not better. Where this program was and where they are now, all fans including myself, have every right to brag. Someday MP will lose a region game and all of us will have to eat a little crow, but for now I'm personally on the train baby. All Tigers All the time. Welcome to the Jungle.

I agree completely, enjoy it. I know I will when our time comes!

thing is you talk about how great your teams are and how they are as good if not better than any ever at mt pleasant...and you still can barely scrape by collinwood by the slimmest of margins.........and the collinwood program is nowhere near as good now as it was from 2000 through 2003 and nowhere near as good as it will be in the next couple of years.........so brag on and we'll keep praying to see you in the playoffs......oh yeah baby!!!!

thing is you talk about how great your teams are and how they are as good if not better than any ever at mt pleasant...and you still can barely scrape by collinwood by the slimmest of margins.........and the collinwood program is nowhere near as good now as it was from 2000 through 2003 and nowhere near as good as it will be in the next couple of years.........so brag on and we'll keep praying to see you in the playoffs......oh yeah baby!!!!

Let me get this right. We are bad because we brag on our team that is ACTUALLY winning, but it is ok for you to brag on your team who wins in the stat category but not what the final score says on the scoreboard. And by the way the MP 2004 team could have mopped any team CW had between 2000-2003.

The last time I looked the only humiliating factor I saw were the 6 goose eggs CW has and mTp has scored everytime we've met.

And you always harp on our defense?.....Right ;)

No shutouts on our boys :thumb:

Thats because you leave your starters in to score on our second and third strings. DUH. Coach Statom takes out his starters when the opponent does if were are losing, and that is about once every four or five years. We are always winning by a large margin when we let the 2nd and 3rd get thier playing time and in every game the opponent leaves in thier first string to score. ;)

Thats because you leave your starters in to score on our second and third strings. DUH. Coach Statom takes out his starters when the opponent does if were are losing, and that is about once every four or five years. We are always winning by a large margin when we let the 2nd and 3rd get thier playing time and in every game the opponent leaves in thier first string to score. ;)

Pass the crack pipe back Greenie! You know good and well Coach Smith doesn't leave starters in when the opponent doesn't, often even when they do. Leave the crack house now and join us back in the real world, numbers don't lie. we managed to pull ourselves out of a deep hole, I for one am proud, but I'm not making excuses. :D

Edited by whodathoughtit

All time head to head series for those that weren't paying attention

MPHS 17 wins

Collinwood 8 wins

Win the next 8 or 9 in a row and we'll recognize Collinwood as competitive!

Are you still blowing that horn. :lol:

I would think after MP scraping out the last two wins by the skin of thier fangs that you would think CW is very competitive. In the last 6 years (8 games) MP has had 2 wins over Collinwood decided by 7 or more points. 200...56-0 and 2005....42-21 2000-2004 games were Collinwood blowouts (2003 Collinwood downed the ball inside the MP 10 yardline to run out the clock) in which MP 1st team scored on the Trojans 2nd team, except for 2000 and 2003 MP 1st string scored one td on CW 1st team.

Out of the last 8 games The series is tied.......4-4

Collinwood has won 4 blow-outs (2003 Score was close but game wasnt).

MP has won 2 blow-outs and 2 "Skins of the teeth".

........just a little something for my MP pals to smoke on until GreenMan can hook them up with some better smack (Hopefully the Play-offs) :lol:

Edited by GreenMan