Scott County

blackwidow33

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations do go to the Lady Highlanders...but

It seems like to me they are going to have to find some consistency. They are very inconsistent and seem to let down near the end of games.

The program has had this problem for years, but hopefully it can be resolved with their coach now. I feel like he is the right person for the job and is doing well with the girls.

I feel like if the kids at Scott High can get used to winning and get a winning tradition again, the program will be on the way up...where it needs to be.

Scott High plays in a tough distrist, but it's not near as tough as it used to be, so I think they will probably win around 10 games this year.

They have some talent, but I don't know if it's enough talent to get all the things done that they need to. Scott needs to find a consistent player that they can depend on game in and game out for scoring.

It seems like to me that Scott High always has the excuse that they are young. Eventually you have to quit with that excuse and just play basketball. Young or not, you still have to go out and compete.

I'm a Highlander fan, but I wish for things to get better for their basketball program. They have a little bit of young talent and a coach that actually knows what's going on. Hopefully the school system will realize that and give them some time.

Congratulations do go to the Lady Highlanders...but

It seems like to me they are going to have to find some consistency. They are very inconsistent and seem to let down near the end of games.

The program has had this problem for years, but hopefully it can be resolved with their coach now. I feel like he is the right person for the job and is doing well with the girls.

I feel like if the kids at Scott High can get used to winning and get a winning tradition again, the program will be on the way up...where it needs to be.

Scott High plays in a tough distrist, but it's not near as tough as it used to be, so I think they will probably win around 10 games this year.

They have some talent, but I don't know if it's enough talent to get all the things done that they need to. Scott needs to find a consistent player that they can depend on game in and game out for scoring.

It seems like to me that Scott High always has the excuse that they are young. Eventually you have to quit with that excuse and just play basketball. Young or not, you still have to go out and compete.

I'm a Highlander fan, but I wish for things to get better for their basketball program. They have a little bit of young talent and a coach that actually knows what's going on. Hopefully the school system will realize that and give them some time.

I agree that they have the coach that knows what's going on, but maybe they need to focus on keeping players from year to year. Maybe they always have a young team because the older players don't hang with it. Although they are skimpy on talent this team has a lot of heart. They just need to channel it.

I agree, they do need to try to keep the kids around, but that's going to be hard because the kids in the program aren't used to the type of discipline that they're gettting. It's hard to keep kids playing when they'll get mad and quit when a coach gets up in their face a little. The kids are going to have to get tougher. You can't just quit when things don't go your way. Just because somebody's rough on you doesn't mean that they don't like you...and it doesn't give you the excuse to quit and act like you're mistreated.

Also, I'm not saying these kids don't have heart. But heart can only get you so far. A lot of times, pure talent comes into play. Eventually, you've got to make that big shot, or stick those two free-throws, or make that big stop when it matters...and I'm not sure Scott has that, and if they do I'm not sure they've put it together yet. Heart can play a big part in the game, but in the end it comes down to how well the team plays together, whether the players have the abilty and talent, and good coaching decisions. I'm hoping Scott High can come up with all of that, but I'm just not sure they have it yet.

I agree, they do need to try to keep the kids around, but that's going to be hard because the kids in the program aren't used to the type of discipline that they're gettting. It's hard to keep kids playing when they'll get mad and quit when a coach gets up in their face a little. The kids are going to have to get tougher. You can't just quit when things don't go your way. Just because somebody's rough on you doesn't mean that they don't like you...and it doesn't give you the excuse to quit and act like you're mistreated.

Also, I'm not saying these kids don't have heart. But heart can only get you so far. A lot of times, pure talent comes into play. Eventually, you've got to make that big shot, or stick those two free-throws, or make that big stop when it matters...and I'm not sure Scott has that, and if they do I'm not sure they've put it together yet. Heart can play a big part in the game, but in the end it comes down to how well the team plays together, whether the players have the abilty and talent, and good coaching decisions. I'm hoping Scott High can come up with all of that, but I'm just not sure they have it yet.

I think they have a few younger girls with some talent who seemed to be able to take Marcum's "type of discipline" at least for now. We'll see. I think he has what it takes to build a team if given the time.

Yeah, that's a good point...if he's given the time. I think he can really turn that program around.

Do you know how long it's been since the girls had a .500 season?

The kids have to have a reason to want to play basketball at Scott High. When a program is so used to losing, it's hard to find people who want to play. I feel like the kids don't really know HOW to win right now.

I think Scott does have some talent, but they're going to have to get some things together in order to compete well with the teams on their schudule.