Walker Valley

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably will finish anywhere from 3rd place to 5th place in the district

I probably would agree that Cleveland will be the team to beat returning almost everyone from last year's final four team. But who else will be in front of WV in your opinion?

I know Bradley lost outstanding athlete Pickel, Cumberland has divided their talent into two high schools, and McMinn is being questioned in this forum about their depth, who else can keep them from second??

I probably would agree that Cleveland will be the team to beat returning almost everyone from last year's final four team. But who else will be in front of WV in your opinion?

I know Bradley lost outstanding athlete Pickel, Cumberland has divided their talent into two high schools, and McMinn is being questioned in this forum about their depth, who else can keep them from second??

Bradley, they return some very good sophmores.

If WV finishes any lower than 3rd then CHS will not finish first because your district make believe team will also beat CHS. Now in the real world WV and BCHS will be a toss for 2nd.

Ok fair enough, but i think BC gets second

1.Cleveland

2.Bradley

3.WV/McMinn/CCHS

4.WV/McMinn/CCHS

5.WV/McMinn/CCHS

I dont know enough about McMinn and Cumberland to make a fair judgement

If Smith transfer is allowed to play at WV she is worth at least 15 points per game. Put her with the returning WV talent and Tucker as coach I would have to put WV in second.

I have read the concerns of some on here of McMInn but they still have 4 starters from last year even with the loss of Smith that are among the best 4 from last year. Just a little help from the bench will get them better than fifth. I will stick my neck out for the local team here a little bit.

Here is my guess:

1. Cleveland

2. Walker Valley

3. McMinn

4. Bradley

5. Cumberland

6. Rhea

:unsure:

If Smith transfer is allowed to play at WV she is worth at least 15 points per game. Put her with the returning WV talent and Tucker as coach I would have to put WV in second.

I have read the concerns of some on here of McMInn but they still have 4 starters from last year even with the loss of Smith that are among the best 4 from last year. Just a little help from the bench will get them better than fifth. I will stick my neck out for the local team here a little bit.

Here is my guess:

1. Cleveland

2. Walker Valley

3. McMinn

4. Bradley

5. Cumberland

6. Rhea

:blink:

YOur point is well taken but what I seen of McMinn last year with 5 starters and no bench is going to be the same this year. with only 4 starters now they will have to play the whole game and I do not think any player can do that and finish strong. That is why I put McMinn lower. I do have to say they might have the best starting group of the whole district but no bench.

YOur point is well taken but what I seen of McMinn last year with 5 starters and no bench is going to be the same this year. with only 4 starters now they will have to play the whole game and I do not think any player can do that and finish strong. That is why I put McMinn lower. I do have to say they might have the best starting group of the whole district but no bench.

I agree with you, the ability to not have to go to the bench and the fifth player stepping up to the next level is the big question. I have heard the coach is trying to recruit a strong player back that did not play last year. I do not know if he has had success, but this would help tremendously. I have coached this girl and 3 of the starters in AAU. They are a great group that I hope for them a tremendous senior year of basketball.

I agree with you, the ability to not have to go to the bench and the fifth player stepping up to the next level is the big question. I have heard the coach is trying to recruit a strong player back that did not play last year. I do not know if he has had success, but this would help tremendously. I have coached this girl and 3 of the starters in AAU. They are a great group that I hope for them a tremendous senior year of basketball.

I am thinking there is to much bad blood there for the girl to come back. The coach, from what I took it, treated her like a red-headed step-child. This will be an interesting team to watch this year. I do hope all goes good for the 4 seniors this year. They deserve to have the best year they can. :thumb:

The red headed step child that I think you were referring to is back at practice this week after not playing a year. So Mcminn will do well for this year. Bad though that first six players from total of 10 are seniors so next year will be bad. Only have 5 freshmen or so and most freshemen here don't stick it out.

I think McMinn will finish ahead of Walker Valley behind Cleveland and Bradley. It will be more personal than usual this year. I dont know about Cumberland and Rhea though. Figure they will be behind us.