What is the deal with Jefferson County BBall

IamKing

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Maury with Matt Perkins and Tarrence Oglesby, Tarence moved to Bradley Central, Matt followed suit. Their transfeers seemed flawless, I still talk to Matt and he wan'ts me to move there. I'm a 6'6 Sophomore that needs a better place to play. I have heard Chris Watkins Maury's curent coach. Don't get me wrong he is a great coach but lacks leadership to coach High School. I have also heard Bronson Who is a coach at White Pine will be the next. I played for Coach D at Maury and WOULD stay for Coach D and Matt said he would come back.

55 ('Garbage'), everyone from Jeff Co. knows who you are on here and while we're sorry you didn't make the squad and also realize the program has issues, i'd just like to clear up one or two things with this particular post.

One, we have a coach and there is no official word about Coach Sinard leaving.

Two, yes Coach DeLozier would be an excellent choice for the program because he's not only a winner, but someone who would bring some off-season activity to the table for the boys instead of just coaching from tryouts to tourney and then shelving it. He would be the obvious first choice should there be an opening at some point, followed closely by the next coach mentioned in my post.

Three, you're out of your mind if you think Chris Watkins doesn't have leadership. It's well known that you had some problems with him at Maury during one stretch but don't let that factor into your comments on an open forum. Chris is one of the brightest and best young coaches in all of East Tennessee and whatever high school eventually lands him is going to be a very lucky program. Chris comes with the highest of recommendations from those insiders in the basketball community who know him.

Lastly, when the Perkin's, Carson's and Shiverdeckers stop thinking they're better than the program and transferring to other programs as pampered athletes (what a shame that parents don't teach their kids better values) then maybe you'll also stop coming on here and posting ridiculous comments about former coaches that made you a far better basketball player than you were when you got to them.

Millions of folks in our great country have played for the coach that was there when they went thru a program in high school but lately the pampered athlete trend has worked it's way into high school, that's HIGH SCHOOL, and that's sad.

I have no idea why Coach cut you, but my guess is, you're 270, and can't get up and down the floor in a transition based offense which is what a program with Jeff Co's size typically tries to run. Of course, coming on here and bashing the coach before tryouts, probably doesn't help your cause either, hehe.

If you're looking for the culprit to the downfall of the program, start looking at your former teammates who left. Place some of the blame on them. If they were still here, how good would the program be? They are the ones that left for carpeted locker rooms and high profile programs. Let's place the blame where it belongs. Take any program in the state and take away their top player each and every year and they're not nearly the same program as they would have been, end of story.

Edited by billiard13

You are right Billiard about the pampered athlete. But the fact that so many kids want to transfer from Jefferson County is a direct reflection on the coaching staff as well.

I have talked to numerous kids that have came through the program, as well as a couple of those that have transferred, and the one consensus is that Sinard doesn't put the effort into it that it takes to compete with the better programs in the area. And also that he just doesnt care.

You are also right about Watkins. He is a good coach and brings a lot of intangibles to the table that the HS is lacking right now. But then again, so would DeLozier, France (RS) or Bronson Parker (WP). Give me any one of the four.

Boxn1, If no one asked for peanuts don't open the jar.

I did say that he did lack leadership skills, and what I meant by that is Coach D was your first Coach pick, next was Chris Watkins. Who would be more than ready if Coach D gets the open High School spot and retires. Chris was involved in my game since DBA. Coach D has more Leadership that Chris lacks but I would be obliged to have either. Coach D does everything in the Off-Season. Coach Sinard took us to Oak Ridge last summer, This summer he didn't even ask me if I was interested in going to the summer Camps. Mabye because I was out of town when we had the 2 or 3 practices. I never had problems with Chris Watkins, Chris and I got along. He pushed me to do better, post up and make myself bigger in the paint. So don't assume in an open fourm.

Me being 270 is a slight problem. I can sprint down the floor faster than some wings, I do tire easily. That will be changed next Season, and hopefully I'll see you from the other end of the court.

Lastly, when the Perkin's, Carson's and Shiverdeckers stop thinking they're better than the program and transferring to other programs as pampered athletes (what a shame that parents don't teach their kids better values) then maybe you'll also stop coming on here and posting ridiculous comments about former coaches that made you a far better

When you open your Eyes and see they were better off somewhere else you will probally see why I want to move also. I am setting a better life for myself.

Edited by JCHSBaller55

Boxn1, If no one asked for peanuts don't open the jar.

I did say that he did lack leadership skills, and what I meant by that is Coach D was your first Coach pick, next was Chris Watkins. Who would be more than ready if Coach D gets the open High School spot and retires. Chris was involved in my game since DBA. Coach D has more Leadership that Chris lacks but I would be obliged to have either. Coach D does everything in the Off-Season. Coach Sinard took us to Oak Ridge last summer, This summer he didn't even ask me if I was interested in going to the summer Camps. Mabye because I was out of town when we had the 2 or 3 practices. I never had problems with Chris Watkins, Chris and I got along. He pushed me to do better, post up and make myself bigger in the paint. So don't assume in an open fourm.

Me being 270 is a slight problem. I can sprint down the floor faster than some wings, I do tire easily. That will be changed next Season, and hopefully I'll see you from the other end of the court.

When you open your Eyes and see they were better off somewhere else you will probally see why I want to move also. I am setting a better life for myself.

Setting a better life for yourself is a weak excuse at best. Everyone could set a better life for themselves if they could always pick up and move to wherever it's sunniest at the time. Deal with some adversity and show us what you're really made of instead of moving when the going gets tough. Then you can ask folks to open their eyes. You're a kid in high school. Moving out of town and slamming the coach when you don't make the team doesn't show that you're making a better life for yourself, it shows that you're ready and willing to quit and move on where it's easier on you.

Yes, there are problems at the high school, but how about some of you pampered kids staying and trying to turn things around instead of taking the easy road out? If that's all you're made of (easy road), then we're better off without you.

You see, that's the problem with sports today, too many kids think it's all about them instead of the team or the program. You're just proof of it. Stick around, get better and make the program better.....or bail and go somewhere else, your choice.

Edited by billiard13

Hey, I have been a member of coacht for a long time and I have been just sitting back waiting for the best time to respond. Now is my time! Yes there is a lot wrong with Jefferson County basketball, but there is a lot wrong with a lot of progams in Tenessee. For example, Science Hill. How many state championships have they won since Coach Pitts left? Zero? That is new for them, so does that mean that they need to make a change? I played for Coach Sinard at one time, and I am here to tell you that the man can coach. Has he changed? Yes, but only by the way the kids have changed. When I played there were no playstations, costs of things were low so I didn't have to work, and etc. Not to mention the fact that these things are what makes the kids lazy. When I was growing up all I had the money to do was play ball. That is not the way kids grow up now. Parents are too easy on kids and let them do and get whatever they want. Don't forget at one time Coach Sinard won 3 of 5 district titles at one time. Maybe it's not him we need to change, but the players.

On top of all this, I have seen a number of things written in here about Coach Delozier and Chris Watkins. They both are good guys and great coaches, but lets not foget about a guy who has done a lot with very little. Bronson Parker at White Pine has turned that program around. They have half the number of kids there and they have competed very well the past three years under Mr. Parker. I think they even beat Chris and Maury last year and almost pulled off the upset two years ago at Maury when Matt Perkins was there. He has developed some good players at the White Pine as well who very soon could make a huge impact at Jefferson County. Jonathan Allison is an unreal point guard who could probably start for Jeff right now, and Brad Mason is an unbelievable athlete. Would they be that good if Bronson was not there? Maybe but I don't think so! This guy knows how to coach, becuase don't forget how good of a player he was. He knows the game! He could play with the best, and now he is becoming one of the best coaches!