Science Hill Coach?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just really don't understand that situation. What were the expectations for this season? Everything I saw said that if they played well the Hill should be in contention for the 4th playoff spot...well they earned the 4th playoff spot...isn't that achieving something? they reached expectations...that should be rewarded not punished.

Roll Tribe Roll

I just really don't understand that situation. What were the expectations for this season? Everything I saw said that if they played well the Hill should be in contention for the 4th playoff spot...well they earned the 4th playoff spot...isn't that achieving something? they reached expectations...that should be rewarded not punished.

Roll Tribe Roll

I heard that its almost a done deal. He(Bowles) just doesnt know its coming. I dunno why they struggle tha bad with a school that big. Theyre always good in basketball and baseball. Why cant they have success like that? Theyre good but its the city of Johnson City, they should be betta than tha. The '01 team was the last good Science Hill team. That team was made up of basketball stars Bryson Bowling, JaKeith Hairston, Nick Bradley, Anthony Barcell. Along with Kye Hamilton and Roger Antoine. That was a very good Science Hill team.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Right, and that team got stomped by D-B. So, what's the criterion for firing him now?

I heard that its almost a done deal. He(Bowles) just doesnt know its coming. I dunno why they struggle tha bad with a school that big. Theyre always good in basketball and baseball. Why cant they have success like that? Theyre good but its the city of Johnson City, they should be betta than tha. The '01 team was the last good Science Hill team. That team was made up of basketball stars Bryson Bowling, JaKeith Hairston, Nick Bradley, Anthony Barcell. Along with Kye Hamilton and Roger Antoine. That was a very good Science Hill team.

I find it very hard to imagine that anyone knows if he is going to be fired, but I am pretty sure that he will be around. In fact, I can bet that my "source" is better than yours (be honest you are guessing).

As for some assistants, you might see one or two step down (what I have heard rumbling), but it's hard to see them getting rid of a coach when you look at their roster. They have a lot of inexperience (sophs and jrs) playing now, and they made the playoffs. Are they good, not really, but he hasnt done anything to lose the job. Everyone loses to D-B, and SHHS hasnt bea them in 15 years.

As for the b-ball players, yes they can play (under Pitts they could not) but there isnt anyone on the bball team that "wows" you with athleticism. They have some really good bball players, and they are deep as always, but no one is over 175lbs except for maybe Wattad and he isnt going to jeopardize his scholarships to play football.

Its just hard for SHHS to be good at football...maybe its in the water (or maybe its hard to keep up with D-B and their recruiting) haha.

I find it down right repulsive that anyone would sit around and speculate about a high school coach getting fired. The first job of a high school coach is to be an educator. Then a football coach. A high school coach can't do anything about a group of classes that don't have any good athletes or if another school just has better players. He takes what players come thru the front door and does what he can. You guys need to get a little perspective on things.