wartburg ball

fortheloveofthegame

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how Wartburg will look this season? I know they lost a lot of talent last year. Whatta they have comin up?

Well..I think Wartburg should be a pretty good team again this year with one of their top contenders to be Harriman. A wartburg senior will need to step up this year and take the leadership now that Jeremy is gone, or they might not get anywhere. I think they have a pretty good potential with 2 starters returning -travis and dj. We will just have to wait to see how this team turns out. I hope good!

I don't see oneida and coalifeild contending with them????? that's crazy, With the size and team speed, not to mention the unbelievable coaching of Joe Layne, they will be a difficult team to match up with. DJ Shannon is an expeirenced player, along with Nelson, both are really talented. I would have so say the big 6'6 guy... Wistead?... Will be hard to guard for teams around morgan county, because noone has that size. They have a real shot, if they stay under control and they don't fight within the team. Just a question though for anyone who knows wartburg, I heard there is a real chance alot of younger players will play? Is this true, because young players make young player mistakes, and against OZ and Harriman that can be costly.

I'm almost sure that sophomore Caleb Bunch will be starting as pg. He's a good player, he got to play a lot last year, and can really sink the 3's. But still, he is young to high school play. Not to say I don't think he will do well or anything, I think he will do pretty good. I think the rest of the starters are all seniors, but the bench is pretty young. I agree that these boys have a shot, they just can't come into this season with a big head, and hopefully they won't fuss over the stupid little high school "drama" and work as a team. I think the OS-Wartburg games should be good, and Harriman didn't lose any starters did they?

Edited by bulldogs_2009

Im sure this is another year where this is supposed to be Wartburgs year and they go to the Boro. Oh wait thats been said the past three years and have they lived up to anything not really........ Joe Layne is a good coach i'll give you that . I was at a South Doyle Camp this year and saw them lose to a down Rockwood team so everyone says . I know summer camps dont mean a whole lot but this team just does not seem that way at all.......