smyrna vs coffe county

82cat

final thoughts

the game will be closer than a lot of folks think because

cc runs the wing t an offense that uses a lot of time on each possesion

smyrna has been running the ball more than usual the last few games so that will also run the clock more

cold weather usually means more dropped balls on both sides stalling drives

keys to the game

for cc most folks think it will be stopping smyrnas passing game however smyrna has one of the most talented tailbacks in the mid state in maceo harris and if he gets going the entire smyrna offense gets more dangerous so I believe the key for cc is to stop smyrna run game

for smyrna play the run solid but don't give up any cheap passes over playing the wing t

in the end smyrna just has to much over all speed at the skill positions and this will be the difference especially on special teams

prediction

smyrna 31

cc 21

haha yea....get ready for that Wing-T.....hope Smyrna didn't spend all week preparing for just that :thumb:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disclaimer

bdogg is not from smyrna

I think smyrna will try to win this game and then worry about the next game

I did see a quote in a manchester paper that described smyrna as

"once proud smyrna"

:D

Okay....and how do you know me? You need to stick with someting you know about....like....I don't know......titlee winks?

final thoughts

the game will be closer than a lot of folks think because

cc runs the wing t an offense that uses a lot of time on each possesion

smyrna has been running the ball more than usual the last few games so that will also run the clock more

cold weather usually means more dropped balls on both sides stalling drives

keys to the game

for cc most folks think it will be stopping smyrnas passing game however smyrna has one of the most talented tailbacks in the mid state in maceo harris and if he gets going the entire smyrna offense gets more dangerous so I believe the key for cc is to stop smyrna run game

for smyrna play the run solid but don't give up any cheap passes over playing the wing t

in the end smyrna just has to much over all speed at the skill positions and this will be the difference especially on special teams

prediction

smyrna 31

cc 21

I don't think I would be too worried about the wing-T. I looked back at the stats when Coffee County played Lincoln County a couple of weeks ago and determined the following:

Time of Possession:

LC 24:24

CC 23:36 (wing T didn't do a lot to eat up the clock)

Fumbles:

LC had 5, lost 4 (4 lost fumbles will cost you a game against a good team)

CC had 2, lost 1

Lincoln County won 34-18, even with all of the turnovers, so if Smyrna plays like they should, then it should not be close.

I don't think I would be too worried about the wing-T. I looked back at the stats when Coffee County played Lincoln County a couple of weeks ago and determined the following:

Time of Possession:

LC 24:24

CC 23:36 (wing T didn't do a lot to eat up the clock)

Fumbles:

LC had 5, lost 4 (4 lost fumbles will cost you a game against a good team)

CC had 2, lost 1

Lincoln County won 34-18, even with all of the turnovers, so if Smyrna plays like they should, then it should not be close.

Totally agree. Smyrna is a very good team. However, this is only CC's 4th trip to teh playoffs and they may be due. CC's chances totally depends on getting off to a great start. Their last trip to the playoffs was a total disaster in the early going...couldn't hang on to the ball.

iwasthinking - I don't know who you are, but if you have a problem with me you can tell me to my face, not behinde some coach-t name.

I write my opinion in opinion columns, I try to represent everyone equal and I do what I can to provide fair, accurate and well represented coverage of sports.

Like I said if you have a problem with the way I do things tell me face to face.

iwasthinking - I don't know who you are, but if you have a problem with me you can tell me to my face, not behinde some coach-t name.

I write my opinion in opinion columns, I try to represent everyone equal and I do what I can to provide fair, accurate and well represented coverage of sports.

Like I said if you have a problem with the way I do things tell me face to face.

who ?

Smyrna gets a home playoff game against coffe county a team they scrimmaged this fall

here for your reading pleausre are a few thoughts from cc folks

5a football fan 8/5/06

And personally I don't see Smyrna finishing higher than third in their region, behinde Riverdale and Laverge?sp

5a football fan prediction on 8/5/06

LaVergne - 35

Smyrna - 24

5a football fan 8/6/06

smyrna can not live on only their passing game, and their running game is very lacking, i'm not saying CC is that great i'm just saying smyrna is not as good is everyone thinks they are

Okay come on now... if you are going to have a screen name of "5A Football Fan" you could at least learn how to spell the 5A schools names........ WOW I guess CC doesn't have good teaching OR a good football team since they didn't win tonight! Yeah I guess maybe Smyrna is a little better than you shot off at the mouth about earlier.... BTW it's spelled L-A-V-E-R-G-N-E.. Write it down and put it in your back pocket so the next time you decide to spout off about something that you obviously don't have enough knowledge about you know how to spell a schools name correctly. AMAZING....truly, truly sad.