LaVergne @ Cookeville

HSsportsfootball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted in a while, but the playoffs is a special time in my heart. The Cavs didn't play well against Franklin Cty, but also the Colts played terrible against the Titans. The Cavs didn't have any fire in their behind and if that happens again their behind will be sitting on the couch the following friday. Coach J can only do so much to light that fire. The Cavalier seniors need to step up their game in order to put a check in the win column.

I do not know anything about Lavergne, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. Although the stat about them not beating a team with a winning record is interesting

Region 4 usually has more talent, i will not deny that. But more often than not Region 3 is more competitive, since it does not have powerhouse U of R.

I really hope Lavergne's team does what most of their posters are doing & takes that Cav loss to FC as meaning it will be no contest.

They'll end up coming up here looking forward to the 2nd round & the CAVS will hand it to 'em.

Granted,the CAVS are young,still growing.Don't yet have the focus every week.

It was proven in the Lincoln County game,though,that Coach Joslin & the staff can get this team up for important games.

I expect that to be the case this Friday.The CAVS will be ready!

GO CAVS!!!

THE SQUAD <_<

While doing some background on coffe county I found a very interesting stat on Lavergne that is pretty much unbelievable!!

by the way I predict lavergne to win this game but this stat just jumped out at me

Lavergne has not beaten a team with a winning record in over 6 year ( as far back as coach t's previous schedule goes)

If lavernge beats cookeville it will be their first win over a team with a winning record since at least before 2001!!

lavergne can accomplish a lot this friday and to win would be a huge jump for them!

While doing some background on coffe county I found a very interesting stat on Lavergne that is pretty much unbelievable!!

by the way I predict lavergne to win this game but this stat just jumped out at me

Lavergne has not beaten a team with a winning record in over 6 year ( as far back as coach t's previous schedule goes)

If lavernge beats cookeville it will be their first win over a team with a winning record since at least before 2001!!

lavergne can accomplish a lot this friday and to win would be a huge jump for them!

Very interesting fact 82cat, of course I did have to check it out myself (not that I don't trust your word) but it is kind of mind boggling when you see the facts. Now if someone wanted to split hairs they could say that a couple or so of those victories during those years were against winning teams AT THE TIME OF THE GAME but the teams went on to have losing records for the year. I am sure that is what you were referring to and rightfully so. Again, very interesting fact and I will dig no further trying to split hairs. LaVergne needs to step it up again this weekend and see what it feels like to advance to the second round of the playoffs. One week at a time Wolverines, one week at a time.

I do think "possibly" that region 3 is a little weaker this year than last but that doesn't mean they won't be just as hungry for victory. Remember, come Friday night is the start of the 2nd season this year and everyone is 0-0.

Good luck Wolverines, I'll be there rooting you guys on and I hope for a injury free game for both teams.

Very interesting fact 82cat, of course I did have to check it out myself (not that I don't trust your word) but it is kind of mind boggling when you see the facts. Now if someone wanted to split hairs they could say that a couple or so of those victories during those years were against winning teams AT THE TIME OF THE GAME but the teams went on to have losing records for the year. I am sure that is what you were referring to and rightfully so. Again, very interesting fact and I will dig no further trying to split hairs. LaVergne needs to step it up again this weekend and see what it feels like to advance to the second round of the playoffs. One week at a time Wolverines, one week at a time.

I do think "possibly" that region 3 is a little weaker this year than last but that doesn't mean they won't be just as hungry for victory. Remember, come Friday night is the start of the 2nd season this year and everyone is 0-0.

Good luck Wolverines, I'll be there rooting you guys on and I hope for a injury free game for both teams.

you may not believe this but I did not mean that as a slam at lavergne I was truly shocked!!

If ever a team was due to break thru it is lavergen this friday night