Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

If I'm those two, I would almost stay put. I thought Lee and Baron were crazy for doing what they did, but I almost think they did it for the additional prospect coverage. Central was loaded with athletes then, and I think by coming to Powell, the focus could be on their talent, rather than everyone else's. I think that's a big reason why they both switched schools. As for Clemons and Allen, they aren't near as talented, so switching schools might have something to do with the coach they want to play for. If I'm a senior in high school, the last thing I would do is transfer for my final year, regardless of who I could be playing for.

Powellfan, I don't think Clemons is that big. I've got him listed at just 150 on two different websites.

Edited by osunut2

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that # 2- Jarred "tex" Clemons, and # 24- Jordan Allen, two of powells key players might be moving to halls next season. That would be a GREAT addition to the red devils

I couldn't believe they will jump ship next year at Powell. They would be the starting tandem in the backfield for the Panthers.

Allen could see alot of time in the Linebacking slot for us but on offense I've heard all year long about how talented the running backs are from our freshman group surely that would cause a bottleneck. I think this is rumor and nothing more. Unless their senior leadership could bring us to being on level with Central next year and they feel very little supporting cast will available to them if they stay at Powell. Halls is on the move up and many rumors will start to surface in the coming months.

It might be that they heard Provols moonpies will be pregame appetizer for the Red Devil team next year and few could pass that up. Come one come all.

Edited by Baseballmad

Good to hear about the lineman. I think our secondary is set and looking better every game from a tough start this year. They look good coming up in run support. Brandon Johnson has played his safety position as well as any player I have seen this year. Turner has looked good on one corner and Dayton on the other looks set for next year. With Kitts subbing in every now and then. Waggoner when he moved to linebacker gave Halls the speed and extra cover they needed. The linebacking corp with miss Dutton I wonder if Jake Carr will move inside? Or maybe the rumor mill has some teeth to it and some new faces will appear in the fall next year. No doubt this team has playmakers and a tough defense we are good to go.

I think times are changing and are changing in our favor. Have I said the future looks bright?

Will the HHS football program lose any of these versatile athletes to baseball and basketball....I know that its hard to play all 3 sports. From what I have seen most

of these up and coming athletes lean toward baseball. Just wondering

Edited by VCR

Great point Halls is known as a Baseball school and many of the baseball players play multiple sports. Many now are targeting just Baseball but some still try to be involved in the other programs to get the most out of the High School experience. Many schools have implemented a one sport strategy to target all the athletes energy in one sport and thus having that athlete working toward that sport year round.

We will have a very good Basketball team this year because of the deceision to focus on one sport by this senior dominated group. After a while it comes down to time management and what you can excel in and keep your GPA strong. If you have a chance to move on to the next level then eventually you may have to make some tough deceisions and pour all your time and energy into one sport to gain a scholarship somewhere.

There a very few three sport athletes anymore. It may be due to the fact of tougher requirements from Colleges to gain initial access if the grades aren't quite there. So many quality athletes forget to hit the books and then have a hard time in College to balance both academics and their featured sport.