Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

Not so sure about that Sneakypete. I felt Cooper would have had a opportunity to rewrite some school records his senior season. He was already considered a D3 or D2 prospect after one year experience in a wingT offense.

But I'm a football guy and football is a team sport and no one is bigger than the team. So we will have to move on and see what happens. I feel the football program as a whole is on the way up and the basketball program may have some lean years ahead after the seniors graduate this year.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Cooper is gone for good. I belive Junior Tyler Turner will be the man calling the plays in the huddle this year for the red devils. He seems to be a tough, hard-nosed kid and will certainly do a great job this season. Turner should be able to throw the ball to Dayton easily, and I'm pretty sure Turner is a much better runner then Cooper ever was. If I remember correctly, I believe Turner played quite a bit of DB last year as a sophomore. Do you think Coach J. would let his starting QB play both ways without having a strong back-up anymore??? and if not, what do think that would do to the red devil's defense this year???

you serious? what the crap? surely that's just a stupid kid rumor. anyone got the scrimmage dates?

Here are the dates that I have heard for spring scrimages.

5/11/07 @ William Blount

5/18/07 Campbell Co.

5/21/07 Red and White Game

It is still a long way till opening game this fall. Lots could change at QB. I am still trying to get the whole story but I am willing to give Coop some slack. He has been 3 sport for so long, he has to be ready for a break.

My only memory of Turner in varsity games last year included about 4 snaps in one home game that resulted in 3 fumbled snaps. I am sure he will improve on that.

Edited by fairplay2121

does anybody know exactly what happened with cooper? the problem i see is not whether or not if turner is capable of coming in and playing, but who will be the back-up. giving turner this year of experience before his senior year will give that group a much better chance of going deep in the playoffs because if i am not mistaken was that not the group that went 7-1 as freshman

sneakypete,

You sem to be very knowledgable about the situation at Halls. Could you be a coach for the Red Debils? You seem to know quite a bit of "inside" information.

Do you have some info on wheather Coop is gone or not? What happened to cause this situation? Will Coach Julian let him back on the team?

I talked to coop the other day and he said he was done with football.

Him and coach julian got into an arguement during weight training class about 2 weeks ago over cooper doing squats, cooper said he didnt want to do them that day because he had an important baseball game that night, therefore julian was verry upset and got on to gary, im not sure if he kicked him off or not but cooper went ahead and told coach julian he wasnt playing football this year.

coop told me that he didnt quit because of julian getting on to him, him and julian are like brothers and that they got along very well, he said that he knew his chances in playing big d1 football was not looking to good, and that he wanted to concentrate on baseball and basketball.

if cooper wanted to come back then coach julian would let him back on the team.

i think hes just worn out from doing 3 sports everyday and it just got to him.

the back up QB's are not as good as wat u think. Tyler Turner is a good athlete but he got hurt so many times as a sophmore and only played very little, as for the other freshman QB, hes not tall enogh to see over the line..