Waverly vs. CPA

papatiger

As a teacher at CPA and also a moderator of the Football Boards, I typically stay clear of these discussions, but I do want to clear some things up.

First, I spoke with Coach Matthews this morning and the game will be played at CPA. Those of you who know our maintenance person by name know that he will work whatever hours it takes to get our field repaired for next week. If for any reason it is deemed unsafe, we will make a decision later on in the week.

Second, much of the bravado on this link is not from CPA. As a school we want to make every team and their fans feel welcome, to do anything else would make a mockery of the Christian Values we are trying to instill in our students.

So to papatiger and all the Waverly fans and players, come believing and cheer hard for your team. There will be a winner and a loser on Friday night, regardless of who that is, there will be a few seniors who have just played their last football game. As fans, let us take on the responsibility to make sure they know they had our full support.

Edited by OnlineLC

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waverly will come in with a straight mind and all the heart they have....cpa will show up thinking its a warm up game and will be thinking about round 3 and facin goodpasture...which wont happend because waverly will take them down right then and there if these attitudes are true....cpa will be expecting waverly to come in and jus flop over dead, but it wont happen...if we can keep our offense as strong as they have been the past couple nights and our defense and strong as they have been the whole season, we have a huge chance to pull the big upset...hope to make it out there, also hope the field is fixd for next week after last night's game....

Waverly: 32

CPA: 30

Why do you automatically assume that beacuse a team is good they will not be ready for round 1>??Theyve been here before and won and lose some...They will be ready!!Good teams are good for a reason...All good teams are good for a reason

As a teacher at CPA and also a moderator of the Football Boards, I typically stay clear of these discussions, but I do want to clear some things up.

First, I spoke with Coach Matthews this morning and the game will be played at CPA. Those of you who know our maintenance person by name know that he will work whatever hours it takes to get our field repaired for next week. If for any reason it is deemed unsafe, we will make a decision later on in the week.

Second, much of the bravado on this link is not from CPA. As a school we want to make every team and their fans feel welcome, to do anything else would make a mockery of the Christian Values we are trying to instill in our students.

So to papatiger and all the Waverly fans and players, come believing and cheer hard for your team. There will be a winner and a loser on Friday night, regardless of who that is, there will be a few seniors who have just played their last football game. As fans, let us take on the responsibility to make sure they know they had our full support.

Thanks LC

Thank you LC. We do believe in our team. also, I don't know if you noticed in my other posts that I broadcast on local radio. Do we have plenty of room to broadcast in the booth at CPA. We have had a lot of trouble in some stadiums. Also, thanks for instilling Christian values in these young people. In the world we live in, we all need that. Good luck to both teams. Injury free.

Thank you LC. We do believe in our team. also, I don't know if you noticed in my other posts that I broadcast on local radio. Do we have plenty of room to broadcast in the booth at CPA. We have had a lot of trouble in some stadiums. Also, thanks for instilling Christian values in these young people. In the world we live in, we all need that. Good luck to both teams. Injury free.

papatiger,

all these threads got a little confusing and robjim provided a photo link for you on another thread of the pressbox.

Anyway, here is the link to the photo and the room behind the door is for broadcasting.

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?GalleryID=1532

Have a safe trip. You will meet robjim and bighurt and I usually sit right below where you will be so I will be sure to come up and say hello.

papatiger,

all these threads got a little confusing and robjim provided a photo link for you on another thread of the pressbox.

Anyway, here is the link to the photo and the room behind the door is for broadcasting.

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?GalleryID=1532

Have a safe trip. You will meet robjim and bighurt and I usually sit right below where you will be so I will be sure to come up and say hello.

Thanks, LC. I appreciate it. I would love to meet you. I'm a minister too. Would love to talk with you about your school. Thanks for the hospitality. Look forward to meeting Robjim and Bighurt. I'll be the tall, bald headed fat guy. lol

by the way, I'm sure it does, but is there good cell phone reception there?

Edited by papatiger

wavo needs to come in there heads up and caution like they were when they played loretto last which gave them that 15 point win agaist loretto and if they do they can beat CPA. Wavo should pull the upset.

Wavo-31

CPA-30

I agree that we played decent in the first half, but the second half wasn't so good. If we don't play better though, CPA will destroy us. They are definitely not Loretto. Having said that, I think if we play an error free game and they turn it over a couple of times, we have a chance to pull the upset. This is a team that is very athletic and can pass the ball better than anyone we have faced.