PLAYOFFS 5-2a vs 6-2a

playintowin

CPA beat Waverly. They had the better team. Camden destroyed Waverly. They have a lot better team. Lewis County beat Waverly, but probably shouldn't have.

CPA just beat Waverly 42-7 holding them to 95 yds total offense BUT Camden

"destroyed" Waverly 41-9 while holding them to 163 yds total offense.

OH - I see the BIG difference.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA just beat Waverly 42-7 holding them to 95 yds total offense BUT Camden

"destroyed" Waverly 41-9 while holding them to 163 yds total offense.

OH - I see the BIG difference.

FBGirl, Camden completely dominated Waverly in every phase and beat them 41-9. CPA beat Waverly 42-7 in a game that should have ended up 25-10. I am telling you people, Camden is for real.

During the playoffs, the officials are sent from different areas. You don't have to worry your pretty little head about CPA not getting a fair shake. I'd be more worried about Camden. And Goodpasture had better do better than they did tonight against a modestly talented Adamsville team if they are going to do any destroying of anybody.

Wrong!!

Goodpasture showed tons of class tonight they could have hung a hundred on the cardinals, but instead they pulled a lot of their starters after the first ten minutes and subbed quite often. I can speak for the entire cardinal team as to how much we appreciated the hospitality that we received at Goodpasture. They fed the team after the game there was no trash talking just good clean football. I think they did just what they needed to do to win. They really would not have proven anything if they had beat adamsville 70-0. I will say to the other 6-2a teams when you play The COugars you better be prepared because they just keep bringing in talent from the sideline. Very disciplined team that executes near flawlessly. I just changed my picks for the state title Alcoa v Goodpasture. I have been around a lot of good football teams and this one ranks up there with the best. Before anyone yells at me I did not say the best, but definitely one of the highest of class. Thanks Cougar fans, Coaches, and boosters.

Camden just might surprise them.....intense, aggressive determined..not a bad combo!

Ok guys, round one is over. The teams that were supposed to win won. Round 2 sees CPA @Camden and Lewis County @ Goodpasture.

Camden wins 24-21

Goodpasture wins- 35-14 (Sorry panther fans but these guys are that good. you had better bring your a game on both sides of the ball.

Thank you a man of reason. The closet game I see in this bracket is the Fairview-Lewis Co. game. Both teams beat Hickman by 7. Fairview has struggle against great defenses all year and I see this happening in this game. However, Lewis doesn't have a potent offense. Special teams may decide this game, and Fairview has that advantage.

I predicted a close game, and for some reason at the end of the 1st half the Fairview staff decided not to put 3 points on the board. That decided the game, and didn't let my prediction come through. Oh well, now we have what everyone wanted 1 vs 2 from each region and the results are going to surprise some people.

I predicted a close game, and for some reason at the end of the 1st half the Fairview staff decided not to put 3 points on the board. That decided the game, and didn't let my prediction come through. Oh well, now we have what everyone wanted 1 vs 2 from each region and the results are going to surprise some people.

gerry, i don't think anyone that knows anything about football will be suprised, i think the Camden / CPA could be a good one, the Lewis / Goodpasture, well that could get scary, i've watched LC all year, they have a good defense, sometimes really good, but the offense? I am amazed at what the coaches at LC have done this year (10-1) with these kids and with the young kids continuing to mature and understand what is expected the offense will come around ;)

Wrong!!

Goodpasture showed tons of class tonight they could have hung a hundred on the cardinals, but instead they pulled a lot of their starters after the first ten minutes and subbed quite often. I can speak for the entire cardinal team as to how much we appreciated the hospitality that we received at Goodpasture. They fed the team after the game there was no trash talking just good clean football. I think they did just what they needed to do to win. They really would not have proven anything if they had beat adamsville 70-0. I will say to the other 6-2a teams when you play The COugars you better be prepared because they just keep bringing in talent from the sideline. Very disciplined team that executes near flawlessly. I just changed my picks for the state title Alcoa v Goodpasture. I have been around a lot of good football teams and this one ranks up there with the best. Before anyone yells at me I did not say the best, but definitely one of the highest of class. Thanks Cougar fans, Coaches, and boosters.

Like this obviously very sensible person above me said, anyone thinking that Goodpasture played poorly and let adamsville put 18 on the board is very sadly mistaken. Goodpasture is a team with class, they don't want to embarrass anyone out there, especialy a team like Adamsville with such good attitudes and sportsmanship. Hats off to both teams on a very clean, well played game. Goodpasture should hang about 50 on Lewis County next week. Whoever predicted a 13-0 victory is way off. This Goodpasture team has an avg. of about 48 points a game. Now, CPA @ Camden has the potential to be a good game, and in my opinion a fairly close competitive game....Unless CPA gets out in front early, which will mean a long night for Camden