volunteer vs. tennessee

bomber68

Most people seem to be picking TN High pretty big and maybe they are right. I believe in the Falcons and I think they are gonna bring it tonight. Will it be enough to pull off the upset? We will find out in a few hours. I think they have a great chance if they play their best. See you all at the Stone Castle. Hope everybody has a safe game and safe trip.

And to the winner......kick MoWest or Unicoi next week.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The falcons will come out fired up no doubt! They have made great strides from the start of the season, but in the end the vikings will be just too physical on both sides of the ball and i don,t believe you will be taken lightly at all.

Because this is the playoffs its win or go home time, And we ain,t ready to go home just yet! Congrads! :thumb: To the falcons for a great turn around but it all ends tonight.

Vikes 34

falcons 8

Boone lost their top 3 running backs and it still took double overtime for Volunteer to win. What would Volunteer be like without their top 3 running backs? At least you have that win to remember after Friday night is over with.

Someone from Boone please tell me the deal on this. I was at the Boone- Volunteer game....Volunteer knocked one running back out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Volunteer knocked another out in the 4th quarter. Is this not right? I was there and saw Jarrett play I believe almost 4 full quarters, the other back ( can't remember the name ) got knocked out of the game on the fumble midway through the 2nd quarter. Masters was the main running back for the 2nd half and overtime.

My point is this...everyone acts like Volunteer beat Boone because they had 3 running backs out when in reality Volunteer is the team that knocked them out of the game and all 3 played in that game. Perhaps they were injured before the game, I don't know.

None of this matters this week but I have read enough about it. Nobody wants to give these guys credit for turning their season around. I have been to every game and saw it happen. Can they take TN High? I don't know but they have earned the right to be where they are tonight, it didn't happen because Boone had key injuries and Cherokee had hurt QBs. Volunteer knocked the Cherokee starting QB out, then the 2nd string QB went down and the first string QB had to come back.

Falcons, you have proven to me you are worthy....you should be getting used to this so you know what to do...go prove it to Bristol tonight.

Someone from Boone please tell me the deal on this. I was at the Boone- Volunteer game....Volunteer knocked one running back out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Volunteer knocked another out in the 4th quarter. Is this not right? I was there and saw Jarrett play I believe almost 4 full quarters, the other back ( can't remember the name ) got knocked out of the game on the fumble midway through the 2nd quarter. Masters was the main running back for the 2nd half and overtime.

My point is this...everyone acts like Volunteer beat Boone because they had 3 running backs out when in reality Volunteer is the team that knocked them out of the game and all 3 played in that game. Perhaps they were injured before the game, I don't know.

Three of Boone's RB were hurt in the Volunteer game. Harmon went out on the 2nd Qtr fumble and did not return. Jarrett played almost the entire game and went out on the last series that Boone had to take the 14-7 lead. Dye got hurt by a illegal hit on the Vol 41 yard pass play on their tying drive in regulation. I think that Boone missed Jarrett(DB) on the Vol scoring drive and missed both Jarrett & Dye on both sides in OT. Would it have made a difference in OT? Maybe, maybe not.

The fact is that both Boone & Volunteer played poorly for 3 1/2 quarters. Finally Boone took the lead and the way the game had gone it seemed like it might be enough for the win but Cradic looked like a whole different QB on the tying drive and Volunteer got it into OT and the rest is history. Neither team looked good that night. Boone let a very dangerous & hungry Volunteer team hang around and the Falcons made the plays in OT and Boone did not.

If Tennessee jumps on Volunteer early I think it will be an easy Viking win but if Volunteer can hang around until the 2nd half it will be a tossup.

He left to be with a better program?.....I don't know about you but Rider is the the name everyone thinks about when they think about dynasty in this area. I think he made a mistake that in a couple of years will make him kick himself.

It's not just Brad leaving that's got us fired up (well we're winning now that he's gone). One of Tennessee High's defensive lineman (Dickerson) played with this JR class since he was young, and then transfered to THS.

Stubbs, Dickerson, and Michell Mays are all ex falcons. Oh it's gonna be so sweet if we can win.

Tennessee also has a former North coach, North qb, and a would-be Sullivan East fullback. Those are just off the top of my head.