3rd Annual Gerry Bertier 2A Playoff Pickem Contest

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another playoff round is over and the race is still tight. We had two people pick 7 out of 8 winners correct and they were Titans02 and curious dave. So they recieved 14 pts. for the round, and are the current leaders of the contest. No one had Sweetwater moving to the Quarterfinals. Remember next week the games will be worth 4 pts. Here is the point totals so far.

After Round 2

Titans02- 27

curiousdave- 27

Bulldawg Dynasty- 26

Was AP P- 26

Gerry Bertier- 25

Rangerbook06- 25

Big Country- 25

thedawg44- 25

cardfan- 25

bigtuck4242- 25

ramtrain- 25

treefifty74- 24

72york52- 24

Solomon- 24

tornadogold- 24

volcamry42- 24

rcombs- 24

REBELRON- 24

bd03- 24

TheBoredGuy- 24

westtn2004state- 24

15 NWTF 08- 23

I Love HS Football- 23

MilanDog9- 23

try-n-block-me- 23

GC Pioneer- 22

gfd7009- 22

Jason Counts- 22

knight2- 22

HHSnumber1fan- 22

Bulldog Fan # 2- 22

duece253- 22

Angelcoach- 22

timbdp- 21

reaction- 21

bulldawgs#1- 21

FADEPATTERN- 21

bulldoggfan- 20

ajc- 20

123- 20

ksgovols- 19

rednecktiger- 17

JetPride- 13

Another playoff round is over and the race is still tight. We had two people pick 7 out of 8 winners correct and they were Titans02 and curious dave. So they recieved 14 pts. for the round, and are the current leaders of the contest. No one had Sweetwater moving to the Quarterfinals. Remember next week the games will be worth 4 pts. Here is the point totals so far.

After Round 2

Titans02- 27

curiousdave- 27

Bulldawg Dynasty- 26

Was AP P- 26

Gerry Bertier- 25

Rangerbook06- 25

Big Country- 25

thedawg44- 25

cardfan- 25

bigtuck4242- 25

ramtrain- 25

treefifty74- 24

72york52- 24

Solomon- 24

tornadogold- 24

volcamry42- 24

rcombs- 24

REBELRON- 24

bd03- 24

TheBoredGuy- 24

westtn2004state- 24

15 NWTF 08- 23

I Love HS Football- 23

MilanDog9- 23

try-n-block-me- 23

GC Pioneer- 22

gfd7009- 22

Jason Counts- 22

knight2- 22

HHSnumber1fan- 22

Bulldog Fan # 2- 22

duece253- 22

Angelcoach- 22

timbdp- 21

reaction- 21

bulldawgs#1- 21

FADEPATTERN- 21

bulldoggfan- 20

ajc- 20

123- 20

ksgovols- 19

rednecktiger- 17

JetPride- 13

And I thought that "B" came before "G" alphabetically :thumb:

I'm still in the hunt despite Westview's collapse & Sweetwater's heriocs last night :D

Yeah I picked Westview over Humboldt, why not? That region is even from 1-4 as you saw from the scores last night.

Gerry, They are close in terms of scores but they are not even. Milan has yet to lose to anyone on the field this year in region 7-2A. So far that would make them 8-0 against region teams. Yes, we had forfeit two region laughers against GC & USJ but we beat Humboldt 36-9, Westview once and Trenton twice. We were forunate to win last night when we came out so flat. If it happens this week Humboldt will move on. But so far we are the only team without a region loss.

I sure made a mess of my bracket on the east side of the state. Smith tripped up Boyd last night and that made sure I will look to next year to claim the 4th annual Gerry Bertier 2A pickem contest. Thanks again for getting the contest up but I had to promote the Dawgs.

Milan beat Westview by 6, beat Peabody by 7 and 1. They easily beat Humboldt.

Peabody lost to Humboldt by 1. Lost to Westview by 14. The Milan scores are above.

Westview lost to Humboldt by 13 and 2. Milan by 7. Beat Peabody by 14.

So as you can see no team was able to walk through and easily win this region. Yes, Milan has not lost a game on the field, but they also haven't shown they are the dominant force in the region like some other teams have done across the state. So I will stand by my previous statement saying this region is even from the 1 spot to the 4 spot.

GB, what happened to the Skyhawks today?????

It's now a three way tie between UT-Martin, TSU, & Eastern Illinois (with Jacksonville State just sitting 0.5 game back) :thumb:

Turnovers and a horrible punt team is what happened to the Skyhawks. For some reason we like to throw the ball when we have one of the best backs in the country. 3 INTs did us in, plus having two punts block, one with less than a minute to go. We didn't deserve to win the game. I just hope EKU beats TSU and the Skyhawks stick it to Griffin up in Murray.