clinton basketball

doubledeuce22

Jonathan Dye is playing at Millegan

Matt Langlos is putting the points on the board

Adam Jackson is taking care of a knee

Bubbba and Chance Thomas are doing great!

The coaching staff is having to deal with some new crazy Athletic Director that has Academic standards that are unreal and way above and beyond TSSAA rules and regulations. Last time I checked teachers and coaches went into the proffesion to help kids succeed not to discourage or do it to see kids fail. The new AD's expectations are unreal!!! His new rule will make students who are capable of attending challenging Honors classes refuse to take them because they want basic classes so they can play the sport they would like to play.

Coach Lockard already has very high academis standards. Has anybody heard? Mandantory study hall before and after school.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post! The Clinton High School AD has lost his mind on this one.....He is very detrimental to the Athletic Program at Clinton High School....Even the Farragut coach was questioning our AD's policy and why our policy is different than all of the other schools and especially one that is in the same county ( Anderson Co. High). Clinton only had 6 Varsity players last night. The rest of the Varsity was in street clothes, sitting on the bench. Unfortunatly, some of these students have absent parents and get no representation. Clinton's Athletic program will continue to decline if something is not done soon about the AD! We will lose a great coach if the AD keeps this sort of action up. Yes, I've heard of the study hall before and after school...all Clinton basketball players are required to attend. Looks like Coach Lockard already has things handled in this aspect. Parents: start sending your letters to the Director of Schools about Clinton High's AD. We need an AD that is FOR the children!

This one is for the Orange Crush student section

You have always been part of the reason fans have loved to watch Clinton Dragon Ball Games. Due to the obstacles the team is having to overcome they need you the ORANGE CRUSH fans to be there and support them. The spirit that comes from the students in the stands is catching. Parents and other Dragon fans seem to be having a great time at those ball games. These are the best years of your lives Pump up that spirit!!

This one is for the Orange Crush student section

You have always been part of the reason fans have loved to watch Clinton Dragon Ball Games. Due to the obstacles the team is having to overcome they need you the ORANGE CRUSH fans to be there and support them. The spirit that comes from the students in the stands is catching. Parents and other Dragon fans seem to be having a great time at those ball games. These are the best years of your lives Pump up that spirit!!

ORANGE CRUSH....I know that the AD and vice principal are trying to take away some of your fun (painting up, etc....) but PLEASE don't let this stop you all from showing up and supporting the teams! I hope that this makes you all come out in RECORD NUMBERS and show them that it will not stop you all from supporting the DRAGONS! You all are a HUGE part of the team and they need your support now more than ever!

Clinton[/url'>DragonFan' post='826257412' date='Nov 17 2006 - 01:45 PM']

ORANGE CRUSH....I know that the AD and vice principal are trying to take away some of your fun (painting up, etc....) but PLEASE don't let this stop you all from showing up and supporting the teams! I hope that this makes you all come out in RECORD NUMBERS and show them that it will not stop you all from supporting the DRAGONS! You all are a HUGE part of the team and they need your support now more than ever!

It my opinion and I am positive several parents agree with me on this...........Jim Davis will be the reason that Clintons sports programs keep struggling. His head is so big that he can see ALL the mistakes he is making or how rude he has become. Jim Davis was the reason alot of the Clinton Football Boosters club parent stopped helping the program, Jims ego is through the roof. No one like his attitude...........to see his action you may think he thinks he is the president of the United States. The athletic director does not need to be at a boosters club meeting trying to throw his weight around, he needs to keep his self in his own place and stop making the athletic programs difficult............he is absolutly no help what so ever. The more he tries to push his self on the parents and players the more we will pull back. He is a sorry excuse for an athletic director.......and by the way, the parent that live and work and pay taxes in the City/County make it possible for Jim Davis to have that job. Parent DO NOT forget we pay his salary!!!!!!! I believe he has forgotten that.

Great post! The Clinton High School AD has lost his mind on this one.....He is very detrimental to the Athletic Program at Clinton High School....Even the Farragut coach was questioning our AD's policy and why our policy is different than all of the other schools and especially one that is in the same county ( Anderson Co. High). Clinton only had 6 Varsity players last night. The rest of the Varsity was in street clothes, sitting on the bench. Unfortunatly, some of these students have absent parents and get no representation. Clinton's Athletic program will continue to decline if something is not done soon about the AD! We will lose a great coach if the AD keeps this sort of action up. Yes, I've heard of the study hall before and after school...all Clinton basketball players are required to attend. Looks like Coach Lockard already has things handled in this aspect. Parents: start sending your letters to the Director of Schools about Clinton High's AD. We need an AD that is FOR the children!

Jim Davis is NOT a AD for the children, he is there to stick his chest out and wear his sun glasses, and make life difficult for coaches, players and parents. He need to resign, QUICKY!!

Jim Davis is NOT a AD for the children, he is there to stick his chest out and wear his sun glasses, and make life difficult for coaches, players and parents. He need to resign, QUICKY!!

What we need to do as parents is start taking our concerns to the Clinton High School principal to make sure that she knows how our AD is acting and that we will not tolerate such treatment of our students and our athletic programs. He has seemed to have forgotten his purpose as the AD of Clinton High School and is making his own personal demands and taking advantage of his position....until he resigns or is fired, the athletics at Clinton High will never develop and grow! Enough complaints and the CHS principal will not have any other choice but to get control of her AD!

What we need to do as parents is start taking our concerns to the Clinton High School principal to make sure that she knows how our AD is acting and that we will not tolerate such treatment of our students and our athletic programs. He has seemed to have forgotten his purpose as the AD of Clinton High School and is making his own personal demands and taking advantage of his position....until he resigns or is fired, the athletics at Clinton High will never develop and grow! Enough complaints and the CHS principal will not have any other choice but to get control of her AD!

I am all for parents making a rally to get Jim Davis removed from his position. Mr. Davis needs to realize he is not doing anyhting but stunting the programs growth, it is time for him to go!!!! Thank god he isnt coaching on the football field anymore, that is the last thing we need!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad that I did not see this before today. It is obvious littlerock that you don't know much about Clinton Athletics. Most of the players that have come through the basketball program at Clinton will all tell you that they grew not only as a player but as young men. The lack of proffesionalism that you may be referring to may be when a coach or player takes up for his team or player. Let's see you go out on the floor and have oreos thrown at you, or how about an intentional T called on you when seconds earlier on the other end of the floor the same thing happens and it is not called. What about going to Knox. county and the officials having a different set of rules for the coaches outside of their organization (even UT coaches) ASK BRUCE PEARL!!! then they do for the opposing team. Standing up for your players rights or your team members when wrong is being done is part of being a player as well as a coach.

I think John Wooden says it best!!!

“To thine own self be true,” Polonius advised his son, Laertes, in Hamlet. I cannot improve on Shakespeare, but I will expand just slightly: “First, do not betray yourself. Second, do not betray those you lead.” This is Loyalty.

A leader who has Loyalty is the leader whose team I wish to be a part of. And so do others. Most people, the overwhelming majority of us, wish to be in an organization whose leadership cares about them, provides fairness and respect, dignity and consideration.

Team Spirit means you are willing to sacrifice personal considerations for the welfare of all. That defines a team player.

Littlerock it sounds like you have a lot of learning to do. I'll pray for you.