Club Tryouts

play4keeps

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many clubs do you (or your daughter) try out for? What is your criteria in making the final decision if you try out for more than one?

By no means do I speak for everyone in the Chatt area but I am going to guess that many will be trying out for 2 clubs this year, since there is a new club in town, Choo-Choo in addition to Dig To Win.

By no means do I speak for everyone in the Chatt area but I am going to guess that many will be trying out for 2 clubs this year, since there is a new club in town, Choo-Choo in addition to Dig To Win.

Not surprising. Same thing happened last year when Willamson Select opened. What do you think the deciding factor will be? Money? Coaching? Commitment level required? Something else?

My daughter is a junior in HS and plays HS ball. Is she too old to get started in club ball? Or are they wanting younger girls that they can develop and keep for more years?

She is absolutely not too old. In fact, one of our HS players didn't play club until her junior year and is now playing at Cumberland U on scholarship.

I know I sound like a broken record, but there is SO much more to the club experience than volleyball. There is the friends you make, the experiences of traveling to different cities and playing different teams, the exposure to new experiences (and college coaches).

If she has an interest in playing in college then she probably needs to consider playing club. She'll get exposure to college coaches. When my daughter was a junior/senior the colleges she contacted wanted her club schedule, not her HS games.

Keep in mind, Doss, that most TN clubs are trying out this weekend. If you want to PM me I can give you more info, links, etc.

She is absolutely not too old. In fact, one of our HS players didn't play club until her junior year and is now playing at Cumberland U on scholarship.

I know I sound like a broken record, but there is SO much more to the club experience than volleyball. There is the friends you make, the experiences of traveling to different cities and playing different teams, the exposure to new experiences (and college coaches).

If she has an interest in playing in college then she probably needs to consider playing club. She'll get exposure to college coaches. When my daughter was a junior/senior the colleges she contacted wanted her club schedule, not her HS games.

Keep in mind, Doss, that most TN clubs are trying out this weekend. If you want to PM me I can give you more info, links, etc.

I totally agree. As a broken record, "my daughter would not being going to college next year, on a full ride, if not for club ball! :thumb:

How many clubs do you (or your daughter) try out for? What is your criteria in making the final decision if you try out for more than one?

For those girls in the Jackson TN area, Keith Hutchison is trying to build club ball in the Jackson/West TN area. Meeting Monday night, Nov.6th at Union University Gym at 7pm. Come on out and lets get this rolling. I hear that UU coaches and players will be involved, but don't know extent. Now is the time for the VB explosion to happen in West TN. Soccer has finally taken hold due to the explosion of club teams here over the last 10 yrs and VB is just planting the seeds. Hope to see a lot of interested young ladies there Monday.

For those girls in the Jackson TN area, Keith Hutchison is trying to build club ball in the Jackson/West TN area. Meeting Monday night, Nov.6th at Union University Gym at 7pm. Come on out and lets get this rolling. I hear that UU coaches and players will be involved, but don't know extent. Now is the time for the VB explosion to happen in West TN. Soccer has finally taken hold due to the explosion of club teams here over the last 10 yrs and VB is just planting the seeds. Hope to see a lot of interested young ladies there Monday.

Oldtimer, I hope to see this new club and you on the club circuit this winter!

Oldtimer, I hope to see this new club and you on the club circuit this winter!

Agreed...if it is ever going to happen, now needs to be the time. We need to get it to a point where the top players want to stay in Jax and play club for a "home team" in lieu of going to Memphis every week. Hopefully we will be making all of the Nashville/Memphis/Huntsville, etc. circuits and more this winter. Keith Hutchison is a great teacher of fundamentals, as is supported by his daughters excellent play at TCA and Union Univ., so we are looking forward to not only getting our daughters better acquainted fundamentally with the game, but also "learning" the ins/outs of the game. Appreciate the support!

Agreed...if it is ever going to happen, now needs to be the time. We need to get it to a point where the top players want to stay in Jax and play club for a "home team" in lieu of going to Memphis every week. Hopefully we will be making all of the Nashville/Memphis/Huntsville, etc. circuits and more this winter. Keith Hutchison is a great teacher of fundamentals, as is supported by his daughters excellent play at TCA and Union Univ., so we are looking forward to not only getting our daughters better acquainted fundamentally with the game, but also "learning" the ins/outs of the game. Appreciate the support!

I would agree that Jackson is big enough to support a club with quite a few teams. I have heard from club coaches in the Memphis area that they come to the Southern Region tournaments (Huntsville, Birmingham, Nashville) because the competition is so much better than in their region of Mississippi/Arkansas. I know in Nashville we have girls come from Cookeville and when my oldest played, a girl on her team drove all the way from Farragut (although there are many good clubs in the Knoxville region). Girls that are serious about their ball and looking for some good competition will go to great lengths to play. It will be nice for those Jackson girls to have somewhere close to home AND it will foster some great competition in West Tennessee while allowing more girls the opportunity to play.

I look forward to seeing you!

We have at least two players from Middleton High School that are interested in playing club ball or some type of vball this winter. Is this meeting open to the everyone or is there someone we can call to talk to about it?

We have at least two players from Middleton High School that are interested in playing club ball or some type of vball this winter. Is this meeting open to the everyone or is there someone we can call to talk to about it?

Open to everyone, particularly high school and middle school players. This meeting is to specifically gauge the interest in the area to see how many teams and age groups can be represented. So please, attend this meeting and tell others that might be interested.

Edited by Old Timer