State Champions Back to 1969 TSSAA

compusatman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 years of playoff champions. But , I didn't find DB. Were they on probation in the years they had good teams? Or maybe just Upper ET champs and thats it?

For some reason DB is not in the school listing but is in the year listing complete with scores. Just choose a year. I think the page has a link to provide corrected information so maybe that is the place to suggest a correction.

37 years of playoff champions. But , I didn't find DB. Were they on probation in the years they had good teams? Or maybe just Upper ET champs and thats it?

Were they on probation in the years they had good teams? Well they have had good teams for quite some time so I don't think they have been on a standing probation for 37 years, however in 03' in the last game of the regular season against Science Hill and I think at J Fred Johnson Stadium WR Lamon Williams (Highly Touted!!!) burned a Topper' CB for a lengthy TD reception. Upon completion of the burn he proceded to autograph the football and present it to the SH WR and was flagged for a celebration and ejected from the game. And to make matters worse his punishment included (as is normal) bench status for the next game which was the first round playoff against Soddy-Daisy. DB lost in the 1/4 finals that year to Oak Ridge 35-17. Lamon is now in prison I believe. I hope that answered your question, however I could be wrong about the year.

Were they on probation in the years they had good teams? Well they have had good teams for quite some time so I don't think they have been on a standing probation for 37 years, however in 03' in the last game of the regular season against Science Hill and I think at J Fred Johnson Stadium WR Lamon Williams (Highly Touted!!!) burned a Topper' CB for a lengthy TD reception. Upon completion of the burn he proceded to autograph the football and present it to the SH WR and was flagged for a celebration and ejected from the game. And to make matters worse his punishment included (as is normal) bench status for the next game which was the first round playoff against Soddy-Daisy. DB lost in the 1/4 finals that year to Oak Ridge 35-17. Lamon is now in prison I believe. I hope that answered your question, however I could be wrong about the year.

Wow I remember people in Kingsport really claiming he was the real deal and the next best thing. What happened?

Kingsport Dobbins Bennett

Look under K, not D, I found them.

Besides, it looks like Daniel Boone is now the real DB team........oh crap flame shield on!!!!!!!!!

:huh: just kidding. That is weird that they put it under K though.

FormerBlazer...you are always very respectful in your verbage. And I know you were just playing but do you really want to be known as DB? I think not. You must make your own moniker and with the way your community is growing and consequently your program you will soon be in 5A so I suggest you get to it. :o

Edited by compusatman