Columbia Daily "Disappointment" sports reporting

whodathoughtit

:D Have any of you, myself included, wondered when the Columbia Daily Herald was going to print a picture of the MP Tigers receiving the challange cup? Well, curiosity got the best of me today and I decided to call. I spoke with Justin Lamb and ask, his reply to me was, "believe it or not, that the photographer forgot and left early!" When I expalined to him that I was not at all shocked by this reply he just couldn't understand what I meant. I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am mad as the devil! Call the "Daily Disappointment" and let them know how you feel! If you are from MP, and advertise with them, be sure to let them know that we are sick of their biased reporting! Just my thoughts.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one agree. I wrote a post a while ago about it.

Oct.12th

mTp and CA? Sorry, but not much of a game. CA loses big. The Daily Herald trophy being held in Marco Dailey's hands on the front page for winning mTp's

coveted 3rd championship. I'm sure the Herald won't like it, but they will cause its big news in Maury Co. First time in school history for mTp to go back to back to back and beating CA doin it

Oct.13th

Also the CA/CW game is not a Maury Co. rivalry. But you are right on "IF" CA wins

about the front page though, which will undoubtably show the bias us mTp fans

always figured the Herald has. Its a Maury Co. thing

The HERALD is bias and I hope everyone from mTp lets them know it. :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby

Big Bigby' date='Oct 31 2006 - 03:56 PM' post='826222091']

I for one agree. I wrote a post a while ago about it.

Oct.12th

mTp and CA? Sorry, but not much of a game. CA loses big. The Daily Herald trophy being held in Marco Dailey's hands on the front page for winning mTp's

coveted 3rd championship. I'm sure the Herald won't like it, but they will cause its big news in Maury Co. First time in school history for mTp to go back to back to back and beating CA doin it

Oct.13th

Also the CA/CW game is not a Maury Co. rivalry. But you are right on "IF" CA wins

about the front page though, which will undoubtably show the bias us mTp fans

always figured the Herald has. Its a Maury Co. thing

The HERALD is bias and I hope everyone from mTp lets them know it. :lol:

Sorry I missed what you had said on past posts, didn't mean to start over, but when I s/w Justin Lamb, I got so mad my blood was boiling. I still say they should be bombarded with calls.

Sorry I missed what you had said on past posts, didn't mean to start over, but when I s/w Justin Lamb, I got so mad my blood was boiling. I still say they should be bombarded with calls.

No apology needed, it was post made in the Region 6a thread. I'm just glad you brought this back into some light. mTp fans all around needs to be fired up enough to call and give the HERALD a lot of grief.

I for one am calling and I'm with you on hopeing the rest of mTp's fan base will do the same regardless if the fans will think it would do any good or not.

THE DAILY HERALD - 1115 S.MAIN ST. - 388-6464

SOUNDOFF - 388-8719

Edited by Big Bigby

Hello Mt Pleasant fans... I am the photographer who left in the 4th quarter because I was cold and forgot about the Herald Cup.. I have been taking pictures for Mt Pleasant schools for 6 years now ( every football game Home and Away )

Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track...The sports pictures in your Annual were DONATED by me.. How many of you have traveled to every game these kids have played for six years in a row? Traveled to basketball games in Clifton,Perry County, Collinwood, Moore County, Huntland just to name a few..Man I have spent a bunch of money trying to cover the great kids in Mt Pleasant.. Until this year I did it without compensation from The Daily Herald ( I won't tell you how little they pay me for going to a game, lets call it gas money) I am sorry I have done such a bad job.. I truely thought I was doing the school and the athletes a wonderful service.. Well I had fun while it lasted...Good luck Tigers in the Playoffs.....It's has been an honor getting to know such a fine group of you men....Thanks

Hello Mt Pleasant fans... I am the photographer who left in the 4th quarter because I was cold and forgot about the Herald Cup.. I have been taking pictures for Mt Pleasant schools for 6 years now ( every football game Home and Away )

Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track...The sports pictures in your Annual were DONATED by me.. How many of you have traveled to every game these kids have played for six years in a row? Traveled to basketball games in Clifton,Perry County, Collinwood, Moore County, Huntland just to name a few..Man I have spent a bunch of money trying to cover the great kids in Mt Pleasant.. Until this year I did it without compensation from The Daily Herald ( I won't tell you how little they pay me for going to a game, lets call it gas money) I am sorry I have done such a bad job.. I truely thought I was doing the school and the athletes a wonderful service.. Well I had fun while it lasted...Good luck Tigers in the Playoffs.....It's has been an honor getting to know such a fine group of you men....Thanks

Hey Vern, You are exactly right about all you have done for our athletic programs. Most of us appreciate everything you have done and it has not gone unnoticed. My child thinks very highly of you and always has. He really looks up to you. We MTP fans terribly miss your pics on the internet! Please don't leave us now!

boo hoo hoo.........take my picture.....you missed one shot....get over it!! at least you have a photographer like that.

hey man come to perry county and take some pictures. we would love to have a photographer.. some of the best pictures are taken when we play mtp and ca. you do a great job and keep up the good work.

:thumb:

boo hoo hoo.........take my picture.....you missed one shot....get over it!! at least you have a photographer like that.

hey man come to perry county and take some pictures. we would love to have a photographer.. some of the best pictures are taken when we play mtp and ca. you do a great job and keep up the good work.

:) Teams that go 6-14 in 2 seasons don't need a photographer :lol:

We would love to have a reporter like you in Fairview. How about a trade! I have seen your work and it is excellent! Our reporter is so bias he forgets it takes a TEAM not just a few select players to win a game. Thank you for giving of your time, that is more than most of the parents do who's own kids play the sports! From one volunteer to another, keep up the good work, it's worth it when you can make the difference in at least one kid's life! :thumb:

:thumb: Have any of you, myself included, wondered when the Columbia Daily Herald was going to print a picture of the MP Tigers receiving the challange cup? Well, curiosity got the best of me today and I decided to call. I spoke with Justin Lamb and ask, his reply to me was, "believe it or not, that the photographer forgot and left early!" When I expalined to him that I was not at all shocked by this reply he just couldn't understand what I meant. I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am mad as the devil! Call the "Daily Disappointment" and let them know how you feel! If you are from MP, and advertise with them, be sure to let them know that we are sick of their biased reporting! Just my thoughts.

Vern, I am sure that this person's anger was directed at the Herald not at you. I believe he thinks this is an excuse by the Herald. I can only assume this. Please do not take this opinion as the one of all Tiger fans. You have done a marvelous job. We don't seem to have any where to thank you for the pictures you put out like we did last year but you and your pictures are appreciated. No doubt you don't get paid enough. Thanks for all the time you have put in and all the pics you have posted. I hope you don't decide to give it up.

you can take some pics of me with pam anderson if you can get her to hold my trophy

He's got a better shot at taking a picture of Pamala Anderson than you have of getting her to hold your trophy. LOL

and Vern, thanks for all the personal pictures you've taken of Ryan for me and all your help with my photography.

Edited by Vultor