Dragon Football

don222

Once again your negative attitude is evident. The Head Coach of our Program is in charge and if you think differently you are mistaken. And as for the booster club which I tried to stay out of for the very reason you are attacking the current officers. If you are involved at all then you are doing it for your kid only. Let me tell you it would be much easier to slap a big donation on the coach and pay for playing time than it was to deal with some of the ignorance that was dealt with this year. When you have some with some of the underclass parents that they dealt with this year then I don't think you should cast any judgement. Also are you a voting member of the booster club of just one of those who sit back and find fault? Just let me know who you are and I'd vote you in to take on the challenge.

Its as simple as this........if you stick your neck out to be a booster club officer do it for the right reasons, not because you want your son to have a starting position on the team. Booster club Presidents and VP are working hand in hand with the head coach, and for some thats an opportunity to make remarks about what should and shouldnt be done on Friday. The team as a whole was given nothing this year from the boosters club, no shirts, shorts, sweatsuits. The boosters club done nothing for the "players", they done enough just to get by. If that isnt a problem I dont know what is! Maybe they can get a good banquet that can show some appreciation for there hard work.

Edited by Dragonfanfirst

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again your negative attitude is evident. The Head Coach of our Program is in charge and if you think differently you are mistaken. And as for the booster club which I tried to stay out of for the very reason you are attacking the current officers. If you are involved at all then you are doing it for your kid only. Let me tell you it would be much easier to slap a big donation on the coach and pay for playing time than it was to deal with some of the ignorance that was dealt with this year. When you have some with some of the underclass parents that they dealt with this year then I don't think you should cast any judgement. Also are you a voting member of the booster club of just one of those who sit back and find fault? Just let me know who you are and I'd vote you in to take on the challenge.

Trust me when I say, Im tired of ALL the negatives myself, and that all you here about. Things are looking up for the program but the program needs the right people in place. I know we are on the right track as far as the coaching staff, but as far ar the boosters club there is to many chiefs and not enough indians! There is several people that wanted to do things to raise money, and others wanted all the glory, or wanted to micro-manage everything. I know parents that are freshmen parents that raised around 47,000 dollars at the middle school last year, that wanted to help and raise money for the Dragon program and was made mad by boosters club officers, that isnt right! You are only as good as the people around you, and that really showed this year. Maybe the coming years will be different.

From what I hear a former Dragon QB was helping Andy this year and all he did was complain about everything, he was undermining program to benifit himself and not the kids. He showed up when he wanted to and was finally let go after showing his a%% at a game late in the year. Clinton has things in place to make a turn around and compete for a playoff spot. Booster club needs to come together for the good of the kids. Give the coaches your support. Everybody needs to understand one thing Middle School football is alot different than High School football. Kids are bigger they workout and they make a commitment to get better. Everybody work together and things will turn around.

Its as simple as this........if you stick your neck out to be a booster club officer do it for the right reasons, not because you want your son to have a starting position on the team. Booster club Presidents and VP are working hand in hand with the head coach, and for some thats an opportunity to make remarks about what should and shouldnt be done on Friday. The team as a whole was given nothing this year from the boosters club, no shirts, shorts, sweatsuits. The boosters club done nothing for the "players", they done enough just to get by. If that isnt a problem I dont know what is! Maybe they can get a good banquet that can show some appreciation for there hard work.

First of all there was things given to the players this year. I know of two shirts and other items, But tell me this how does giving clothes to the players change the things we are talking about? I mean if we gave every body a sweatsuit would our program suddenly become great? You make no sense. I am not against giving players the things you speak of but why the emphasis on those things?? What we need to do is get behind our program and support it. I realize that folks have sentimental feelings about the things done at the middle school level, but it is time to forget it, things are different now. As far as officers in the booster club having an agenda about playing time and such. With the exception of one person i know that is the only reason that anyone I know now wants to be an officer.

I will agree the offensive line could have really used some help. Do you think it was all coaching or is it partly the talent that we have or don't have? (and I am in no way downing our young men I was extremely proud of their efforts) There was 1000+ passing yards which is an improvement. We brought up some really young guys with little to no real high school football experience (this is a different game than middle school). Our offensive line has no speed and there isn't just a whole lot of size with the exception of a couple of players. I am still going to hold out and give Phillips the benefit of a doubt and think that now that the guys have a season under their belt with his type of offense and the fact that there is some really good offensive players that are coming up from the freshmen and sophmore group it think things will be ok.

Iagree with you but why does andy wont to bring middle school coaches up to High school varsity.. We are a young team who needs vetern coaches not coaches who are learning the HS system too.

Trust me when I say, Im tired of ALL the negatives myself, and that all you here about. Things are looking up for the program but the program needs the right people in place. I know we are on the right track as far as the coaching staff, but as far ar the boosters club there is to many chiefs and not enough indians! There is several people that wanted to do things to raise money, and others wanted all the glory, or wanted to micro-manage everything. I know parents that are freshmen parents that raised around 47,000 dollars at the middle school last year, that wanted to help and raise money for the Dragon program and was made mad by boosters club officers, that isnt right! You are only as good as the people around you, and that really showed this year. Maybe the coming years will be different.

And with this post you must be a freshman parent. The booster club was split by one person who came in to take charge and it is not for the kids that this person does anything. They immediately began to seperate the program which is something that I think the upper class parents has tried to fix. And you are right the booster club did not attempt to dress the team but to purchase things that needed and that the coach requested. You and your kids aren't in middle school any more so look to the future and try to fix the problem instead of just finding people to blame.

Exactly what kids played based on what was done by their parents or grandparents that shouldn't have played? I think there are several kids that hit the field on Friday night and not all of those starters had a parent involved in the booster club. And you never answered by question are you a paid member of the booster club? I do know that the kids were fed before every ballgame or after. It was the same people setting up the concession stand every time and the same ones cleaning it up. For that I thank the booster club and for the person in the booster club who bought things for some of the boys who couldnot afford it THANK YOU.

Is booster club just for football or all sports. If it is for all sports ,then someone needs to form a Quarterback club just for football. Have fund raisers just for the football team . Sell the cards that most schools sell for $10, discounts from local business on back , have each player sell 10 of these . have each player sell 4 adds in a footbal program for $25 each. Then use booster club to pay for big items needed such as uniforms. just some ideals. One more thing, if someone is willing to give up their time for a booster club or QB club that is great thing. Someone who doesn't help with QB club or booster club then wants to tell everyone how it should be done needs to get involved or be quite.

Is booster club just for football or all sports. If it is for all sports ,then someone needs to form a Quarterback club just for football. Have fund raisers just for the football team . Sell the cards that most schools sell for $10, discounts from local business on back , have each player sell 10 of these . have each player sell 4 adds in a footbal program for $25 each. Then use booster club to pay for big items needed such as uniforms. just some ideals. One more thing, if someone is willing to give up their time for a booster club or QB club that is great thing. Someone who doesn't help with QB club or booster club then wants to tell everyone how it should be done needs to get involved or be quite.

Each sport has its own booster club and there were some fund raisers. It seems that no matter who does it and what they do you can always find someone out there that can do it better and so on. It like the fan in the stands that never touched a football in his life but he can out coach and out play any one on the field. The booster club is a volunteer job and it requires a lot of time and effort the efforts that have been put in may not be where you or I thought they should be but I would not want the job if for no other reason than the one stated by Dragonfanfirst everyone thinks you have an agenda.

Do you think a parent or grand-parent can be president of two seperate booster clubs in the same high school and not have some conflict of interest at some point?

Number one, everyone nows that "it isnt middle school football anymore" parents are tired of hearing that! Yes, the game is played different, but the booster club, and fund raisers and how you treat the player should be held to a high standard and it isnt! These player put in countless hour of practice and miss out on alot of things to commit to playing football, and giving the young men things to let them know we appreciate what they are doing to get better is very important to them, and that has nothing at all to do with High School, or Middle School football or how the game is played!