Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From TSSAA,

Chr. Aca. of Knox. 3, Univ. Sch. of Jackson 0

1st Half 2nd Half Total

USJ 0 0 0

CAK 1 2 3

SHOTS: USJ - 4; CAK - 19.

SAVES: USJ - 6 (Elizabeth Crowder); CAK - 1 (Megan Daniels).

FOULS: USJ - 10; CAK - 10.

CORNER KICKS: USJ - 2; CAK - 2.

GOALS: CAK - Brittany Hoffman (19th Minute, Unassisted); Brittany Hoffman (19th Minute, Assist by Mary Thompson); Laura Novikoff (53rd Minute, Unassisted).

It was a good game. USJ almost scored in the first part of the game (one off the crossbar) which might have changed the whole momentum of the game.

I must say that both the USJ team as well as fans were an extremely classy bunch. Good job in reaching the finals, you all should be proud to represent your school and West Tennessee as well as you did. Hope to see you all next season.

Way to go lady Warriors! I believed in you all along, and knew you could do it, when others doubted. See you all Monday!

Congrats to CAK from USJ. Great game from what I hear. Details appreciated when someone gets the chance. Great year to the Lady Bruins who are young and will be back.

Old Timer, I really think the young ladies from USJ came out very focused and outhustled CAK for about the first 20 minutes. They beat CAK to the ball early and even had a good look that hit the cross bar. They really were playing well. After the first CAK goal, it seemed that CAK picked its game up and began to pressure the USJ defense better from that point, especially in the second half. The USJ keeper played very well and had some big stops. Good game by both teams. USJ certainly has a quality team. Hope to see them again next year.

Edited by Zeek

Old Timer, I really think the young ladies from USJ came out very focused and outhustled CAK for about the first 20 minutes. They beat CAK to the ball early and even had a good look that hit the cross bar. They really were playing well. After the first CAK goal, it seemed that CAK picked its game up and began to pressure the USJ defense better from that point, especially in the second half. The USJ keeper played very well and had some big stops. Good game by both teams. USJ certainly has a quality team. Hope to see them again next year.

Appreciate the input Zeek. Their trademark is their endless pressure and I was a little concerned where I saw that they only had 4 shots on goal in one of the previous posts. Apparently, that speaks volumes for CAK and their defense. Hopefully, these girls can learn from this experience and use it to return to the finals again next year. Good luck to CAK also.