Lewis vs. Goodpasture

Stat_pack1

Hey papatiger,

It all depends on the opponent. In the Fairview game, the Cougars had over 300 yards on the ground and over 200 in the air. There have been a number of long passes of 60+ yards this year. Lewis Co. will have its hands full! I see Goodpasture winning 52 to 7. :thumb:

Does Goodpasture have any passing ability or is it basically a running type offense?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Goodpasture have any passing ability or is it basically a running type offense?

yeah they do, stroud can throw the ball and even with the number one reciever for the past two years (beavers) out, darnell and cripps are good recievers. they find themselves in very much the situation west virginia was in before they played louisville. everyone said that WV had no passing offense, but when you can put up 40 points a game on the ground then why bother throwing it?

Everyone down Lewis county way is hoping to find some offense this week...so we can at least have a chance. We know that Goodpasture is loaded....and deep...I worry more about fatigue in the second half.....but according to what is being said.....we will be beaten by the end of the 1st quarter...so at least fatigue won't be a problem then.....we'll be able to play everyone......Good luck to both

They scored on two bombs against adamsville where the qb put it right on the monet about 30- 40 yards in the air and then the receiver never had to check up. Pass was thrown by two different qb's to 2 different receivers. Number 24 I think it is is as fast as anyone 6-2a will have seen. According to Cougar fans he is only a sophomore. TOld he runs in the 4.2 area.

I know LC has a great defense, but it will become a long night if they can not find their offense. BIg number 74 and their nose guard could cause many problems for the panthers offense. If the defense stays on the field the majority of the time then it could get ugly. Good luck to both teams and hope for injury free football. Goodpasture's team showed a lot of class as they never onced taunted or celebrated a big play unappropriately. They knew from the start they were a lot better than Adamsville, but they did not play the game with that kind of temperment. BOth teams played good clean football.

Sorry panther fans!

Lewis County--10

Goodpasture--28

They scored on two bombs against adamsville where the qb put it right on the monet about 30- 40 yards in the air and then the receiver never had to check up. Pass was thrown by two different qb's to 2 different receivers. Number 24 I think it is is as fast as anyone 6-2a will have seen. According to Cougar fans he is only a sophomore. TOld he runs in the 4.2 area.

I know LC has a great defense, but it will become a long night if they can not find their offense. BIg number 74 and their nose guard could cause many problems for the panthers offense. If the defense stays on the field the majority of the time then it could get ugly. Good luck to both teams and hope for injury free football. Goodpasture's team showed a lot of class as they never onced taunted or celebrated a big play unappropriately. They knew from the start they were a lot better than Adamsville, but they did not play the game with that kind of temperment. BOth teams played good clean football.

Sorry panther fans!

Lewis County--10

Goodpasture--28

4.2 WOW.....they have no one that can hang with that speed! As far as O line..we already have problems there......course the past month....Offense has been almost non exsistent.....kind of like the Old Baltimore Ravens...no "O" rely on "D".....but can't have that with a team as good as Goodpasture. But I'm sure the young men in LCHS will put out effort.

Has anyone ever heard of those old stories, the ones that start out as," we didn't have a snowball's chance....." This weeks game could end up being the beginning of one of those stories. I believe in this team, we play as good as our competition, I have heard that all year. But, what happens when our competition is the best around? Maybe all of these predictions will put a little bit more perspective in our minds. We should never underestimate the impossible. Also, I remember a game last year, where we heard the same jargon. We will take your best shot and stand tall with every bit of redneck pride running through our veins. I will be one of those guys who says, "I gave it everything I had, I have nothing to be ashamed of," I will be proud of my effort.

number 24 is a sophomore and his name is benjamin (bennie) cunningham, and though he probably is one of the fastest sophomores i have ever seen i would have to say it's more of the mid 4.4s range

Thank you for that comment, because with that earlier speed he would not only be the fastest player in the state but the fastest player in the nation, and before anyone says but i saw where so and so ran a 4.19, just know that Deion Sanders ran the fastest combine time in NFL history with a 4.29.