Henry County vs Melrose

If my memory serves me correct East was running 4 Wide & 5 Wide formation most of the night. So the linemen were the main guys trying to make the tackle. Still that is no excuse. The recievers & qb should have caught the guy. Our 'D' & tackling has been a weakness for us all year. The team, however, was improving each week, so thats all we could ask. I am very Proud of East Mustangs from week one to week eleven the players made tremendous strides. From the earlier post people were saying that we may not even make the playoffs or would possibly be beat by Raleigh Egypt. I believe we got our respect from H.C.

H.C. congrats on the victory & Good Luck Friday.

Next Year it will be a different story. We will be #1 in our Region. We learned a lot this year & adjustments will be made.

T.C.

This is a good point coach. You have every reason to be proud of your Mustangs, for accomplished quite a bit during the season. And yes you earned the respect you deserved, but I want to add that we had respect for you coming in. We all look forward to future battles with Memphis East and I really do hope that you can unseat Melrose as the region champs next year!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

77 Mom What are you doing?

The Pats are playing for their team, school and community. IMO as fans/parents what we say/do in relation to games should be in support of our team, school and community. I enjoy good sarcasm, but I can't go where you seem to be going.

My take on whether the better team won last week may be a little different than some. HC won and a win is a win to begin tourney time. How did they win? Better adjustments at halftime, better execution after half, taking better advantage of other teams mistakes. All part of a game. It was UGLY from both sides. The Coaching Staff and fans will take it in game 1, but the ugly duckling needs to start changing to a swan pretty soon because ugly don't get you too far in the playoffs.

Last nights practice in the cold rain was intense for players and coaches. Plans are to take that ugly duck out and SHOOT IT! It will not be flying South, Friday!

Well DUH! That was my whole point about "Our Team". That's all East ppl kept saying & that the only reason we won was because of this & that. Y'all should know I AM A LOYAL SUPPORTOR & FAN! I just kept reading their post about "how we're weren't really any good". Like I had said in an earlier post let Melrose keep saying that to themselves. I'm PROUD of "OUR TEAM"! I haven't gone off the rocker just yet.

By no means & let me repeat, "NO MEANS" was I being racist toward ANYONE AT ALL! I'm NOT that type of person!

This is a good point coach. You have every reason to be proud of your Mustangs, for accomplished quite a bit during the season. And yes you earned the respect you deserved, but I want to add that we had respect for you coming in. We all look forward to future battles with Memphis East and I really do hope that you can unseat Melrose as the region champs next year!

Thank You & We Will Unseat Melrose.

That's A Done Deal.

T.C.

I could care less what you think. I wasn't talking to you. Melrose & Orange Mound doesn't have whites, hispanics & asians on there team or in the stands at the game. I know that Paris Tn is whites & blacks. I wasn't making that comment to Paris Tn. I was making it to the person that insinuated that coming to the Mound that she would have to deal with gangs & gang members throwing beer bottles at her during the game.

Thank You for trying to be her interpetor or lawyer or whatever.

In other words I wasn't talking to you or no one else in Paris.

I was talking to her

T.C.

Well, my dear sir let me address you now. I WASN"T BEING RACIST IN ANY SHAPE FORM OR FASHION! I NEVER SAID A BAD THING ABOUT MELROSE FOOTBALL TEAM NOR THE COACHING STAFF. But, if you will go back to a game or so thread YOU WILL READ WHERE OTHERS WERE TELLING ABOUT THE GANGS FROM THAT PART OF "TOWN". NOT ANY PLAYERS (white, black, green or orange)! AND ABOUT PPL that SMOKE THE "STINKY" TOBACCO & DRINK THEIR BEER WHILE SITTING NEXT TO YOU IN THE STANDS! As I had said on that thread I WAS SICK last year & didn't get to go & that I was wanting to "Go TO The Mound" this year. Go back & read my dear sir & maybe you'll grasp the concept of my post. Because if I'm not mistaken you have been on HC's thread all week talking about how we didn't this or that & my gosh the "tape soap opra".

~~~~~~~~~I AM A PATRIOT FAN!~~~~~~~~~~ MY BLOOD RUNS RED, WHITE & BLUE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I SPEND MY WEEKLY PAY CHECK ALMOST EVERY WEEK IN THINGS TO DECORATE FOR THE TEAM TO SHOW MY SUPPORT FOR THEM!~~~~~~~~~~ I give them pictures of themselves that have been taken during each game. I have given each senior (25 of them all creed & colors) a copy of their senior night picture that was taken with their parents.(still have a few to hand out) BUT DON'T YOU DARE SAY I'M RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL, Thankie very much! I AM A FOOTBALL MOM THROUGH & THROUGH! ASK ANYBODY THAT TRUELY KNOWS ME OR COME & STAND BY ME DURING A GAME & SEE FOR YOURSELF.

Well DUH! That was my whole point about "Our Team". That's all East ppl kept saying & that the only reason we won was because of this & that. Y'all should know I AM A LOYAL SUPPORTOR & FAN! I just kept reading their post about "how we're weren't really any good". Like I had said in an earlier post let Melrose keep saying that to themselves. I'm PROUD of "OUR TEAM"! I haven't gone off the rocker just yet.

By no means & let me repeat, "NO MEANS" was I being racist toward ANYONE AT ALL! I'm NOT that type of person!

I know you are loyal supporter!

Got no problem with you answering back the East posters who are seeking reasons for losing by trying to bring the winner down. That is how you approach it with them. That is cool with me.

I guess my issue is with the gang reference. I am not sure what your point was. :rolleyes: Your DUH was my HUH on that statement! I don't believe you meant anything by it 77MOM.

Grow Up. Just to let you know, you sound like a racist, making those kind of remarks. Hope thats not the case. You are probably just a proud Mom, out of her elememnt with nothing else to do.

P.S. All Black Memphis Teams aren't in Gangs

Gang Member's dont have time to do anything constructive like playing high school football.

Again Grow Up & Let your Husband (IF you have one) Talk noise for you Boy #77

because you sound right ignorant & racist.

T.C.

I'll be right honest with you & tell ya I didn't know all Memphis teams were just black. Had no clue & never thought about it & really could care less what color the players are it's HOW they play that I think about! The "beer bottle deal" wasn't from a player & I know that & never said it was a player.

I am grown up & yes I do have a husband thankie very much. I'm not ignorant nor racist & I don't "talk noise for my boy #77" I talk football about the "Patriot Team"!

By the way, let me tell ya this little tid bit of info while I have ya here. After each game (win or lose) I tell the members of the other team that they played a good game. Well, when JCM was here their players were the nicest young men. (You can go back to that thread & read it) BUT, this past Friday night when I tried to tell some of the players they played a good game I got flipped the bird & cursed at. Now the parents were just as nice as they could be & said have no fear that they would be back next year. I've got to say that was the FIRST TIME ANY TEAM had ever been that rude to me. Just thought I'd let ya know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rollem BIG RED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well good to see all of the excitement for the Big Game. :rolleyes:

I must say that I was at the game last year and if this Melrose team is not as good as last years team then the Big Red should roll!! I have been saying from the start that we would be the team from the west that is in Murfreesboro. There is no reason that this should not happen. I understand bad breaks and the way a game may go, but we are much better than our record shows.

I'm sticking with my prediction HC 28 Melrose 13

The roll starts here and I'm ready to find a place to eat in Murfreesboro.

OOOOO,

While I won't be surprised should HC win the game, you're kidding yourself if you think that HC will put up 28pts on Melrose!

While Melrose's defense is not as good as the past 2 years, don't let the 22pts that Hardin County put up against Melrose deceive you into projecting (that appears to be what you're doing) Henry County's probable output. That premise is faulty. Therefore, the conclusion is faulty. Such an equation sets the stage for major disappointment.

Beware: Melrose's defense is still very solid. Melrose's team is still very dangerous!

Hardin County had only one sustained drive on the night, against Melrose's defense. Otherwise, they ran a kickoff back for a TD & had to resort to trickery (nothing wrong with that) to score its other TD.

While its possible, it's highly unlikely that Melrose will suffer such a 2-TD collapse on two consecutive weeks. I certaintly don't see Henry County putting up 28 pts conventionally vs Melrose's defense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do expect a great, hard-fought game between HC and Melrose.... I won't don't dare to try and predict the winner!

OOOOO,

While I won't be surprised should HC win the game, you're kidding yourself if you think that HC will put up 28pts on Melrose!

While Melrose's defense is not as good as the past 2 years, don't let the 22pts that Hardin County put up against Melrose deceive you into projecting (that appears to be what you're doing) Henry County's probable output. That premise is faulty. Therefore, the conclusion is faulty. Such an equation sets the stage for major disappointment.

Beware: Melrose's defense is still very solid. Melrose's team is still very dangerous!

Hardin County had only one sustained drive on the night, against Melrose's defense. Otherwise, they ran a kickoff back for a TD & had to resort to trickery (nothing wrong with that) to score its other TD.

While its possible, it's highly unlikely that Melrose will suffer such a 2-TD collapse on two consecutive weeks. I certaintly don't see Henry County putting up 28 pts conventionally vs Melrose's defense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do expect a great, hard-fought game between HC and Melrose.... I won't don't dare to try and predict the winner!

Well, It's finally about the HC/ Melrose game!!!

When was the last time someone went to the Mound and beat Melrose?I would think it was a while ago,I think HC has a good chance to do it,but while saying that ,they must play a almost perfect game.I have thought all year that Melrose was going to slip up and lose,but they did what they had to do in every game after the MUS game.Good Luck to both teams and have a safe trip to the HC folks.

HC Patriots, let the other team think you're no threat to them & while they are doing that you work on making THIS GAME YOUR FLAWLESS GAME. I mean it too :rolleyes: ! Let others continue to say #34 is nothing & that y'all HAVE NO SPEED.

Have your weapons ready, but keep them a supprise till time to showem! When push comes to shove I know The Patriots WILL shove the hardest! "Rollem on their tails guys!"

You know where I stand, right behind ya, I have FAITH in EACH and EVERY PLAYER on "OUR TEAM".

````````````Never judge a book by it's cover.```````````````

~~~~~~~~~~~Rollem Big Red!~~~~~~~~~Rollem!~~~~~~~~~~~~

henry county wins this game if and only if they play mistake free football. No drive killing pentalities, turnovers and use the kicking game to your advantage don't give Melrose a short field all obvious stuff except don't do them and you will get beat. It should be a tight football game that truthfully either team could win. Hopefully we'll be there to play the winner. Good luck to both teams.