Henry County vs Melrose

henry county wins this game if and only if they play mistake free football. No drive killing pentalities, turnovers and use the kicking game to your advantage don't give Melrose a short field all obvious stuff except don't do them and you will get beat. It should be a tight football game that truthfully either team could win. Hopefully we'll be there to play the winner. Good luck to both teams.

I hope Melrose is overlooking us. I know that we can't make mistakes because they will come back to get us, but at the same time, Melrose will make mistakes too. I think it boils down to the fewest mistakes and the most disciplined team.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Melrose is overlooking us. I know that we can't make mistakes because they will come back to get us, but at the same time, Melrose will make mistakes too. I think it boils down to the fewest mistakes and the most disciplined team.

I guess I was thinking about the slow start last week and how ya'll allowed East to go into the half ahead, if that happens this week you don't catch up. Points and yardage will be hard fought this week and you must capitalize on every opportunity to win. Just my thoughts.

Edited by cougarmike

I guess I was thinking about the slow start last week and how ya'll allowed East to go into the half ahead, if that happens this week you don't catch up. Points and yardage will be hard fought this week and you must capitalize on every opportunity to win. Just my thoughts.

Appreciate the input. You are right, we have to take advantage of every opportunity. I do think if we stay disciplined, remain confident, and control the clock, are chances are definately good!

BIG RED: Stay focused and believe! WE BELIEVE!

BIG RED FAITHFUL:

BRING FANS WITH YOU!!!!! I know we will be loud but we need MANY people. The crowd did make a difference in the second half last week.

TO THE MARCHING PATRIOTS:

Pump our guys up. PLAY NON STOP!

CHEERLEADERS:

Keep up the good work!!!

OOOOO,

While I won't be surprised should HC win the game, you're kidding yourself if you think that HC will put up 28pts on Melrose!

While Melrose's defense is not as good as the past 2 years, don't let the 22pts that Hardin County put up against Melrose deceive you into projecting (that appears to be what you're doing) Henry County's probable output. That premise is faulty. Therefore, the conclusion is faulty. Such an equation sets the stage for major disappointment.

Beware: Melrose's defense is still very solid. Melrose's team is still very dangerous!

Hardin County had only one sustained drive on the night, against Melrose's defense. Otherwise, they ran a kickoff back for a TD & had to resort to trickery (nothing wrong with that) to score its other TD.

While its possible, it's highly unlikely that Melrose will suffer such a 2-TD collapse on two consecutive weeks. I certaintly don't see Henry County putting up 28 pts conventionally vs Melrose's defense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do expect a great, hard-fought game between HC and Melrose.... I won't don't dare to try and predict the winner!

Hardin County did only put together one complete drive.........how did they do it? Short passes over the middle..........you have to have someone willing to do that and take the hits..........If you have this person on your team then yeah beating them is no problem. Their DB's will get stunk in and then you can beat them deep.

What is your problem??? I have enjoyed reading most of your posts but this one crosses the line. You support your team, others support theirs. The dollar signs don't really eliminate the profanity from your post.... I think coacht just posted a thread about profanity on the message boards; maybe you should go read it.

I'm going to reply to your post, because who wins this game has nothing to do with us.

HC, if you are going to beat Melrose this is the year to do it. Them and East went through alot at the start of the year with coaching changes and players leaving. Both teams are/were playing much better at the end then at the start of the season. This still isn't the Melrose of the past but they are getting there. If you don't get them then I see them going all the way to 'boro.

As far as overtakeing Melrose next year. You may be able to do it because the new coach will have a whole year to work with the players at East. No one else could do it this year with all the changes they had so I would have to say it's East or no one.

Mom #77, I also have read alot of your post. This thing is simple, Melrose has some of the best players, fans and coaches you will ever want to find. I don't think you will have any problem with them. The PROBLEM will be the other people that attend this game. Don't worry about the smoke, remarks, keys or drinking. If you go there with an attitide I may be seeing you on the news. Those extra people don't care what color your blood is or what color skin it comes from.

As far as the remarks and signs from the East players. They had just lost the last game of the season, some of 'em the last game they will ever play. I'm sure the LAST thing they wanted to see was some woman dressed out in the other teams colors. Don't go there and for sure don't complain about what happens when you go there.

;)

I'm going to reply to your post, because who wins this game has nothing to do with us.

HC, if you are going to beat Melrose this is the year to do it. Them and East went through alot at the start of the year with coaching changes and players leaving. Both teams are/were playing much better at the end then at the start of the season. This still isn't the Melrose of the past but they are getting there. If you don't get them then I see them going all the way to 'boro.

As far as overtakeing Melrose next year. You may be able to do it because the new coach will have a whole year to work with the players at East. No one else could do it this year with all the changes they had so I would have to say it's East or no one.

Mom #77, I also have read alot of your post. This thing is simple, Melrose has some of the best players, fans and coaches you will ever want to find. I don't think you will have any problem with them. The PROBLEM will be the other people that attend this game. Don't worry about the smoke, remarks, keys or drinking. If you go there with an attitide I may be seeing you on the news. Those extra people don't care what color your blood is or what color skin it comes from.

As far as the remarks and signs from the East players. They had just lost the last game of the season, some of 'em the last game they will ever play. I'm sure the LAST thing they wanted to see was some woman dressed out in the other teams colors. Don't go there and for sure don't complain about what happens when you go there.

:P Just where oh where did I EVER say anything ~bad~ about Melrose's players or coachs? NO WHERE!!!!!!!! I didn't have an attitude, but I believe I'm starting to cop one now. :D There will be NO problems "WITH ME" at the mound.

Gezzzzzzzzzz There didn't seem to be any problem in earlier threads when ppl where informing me about the CROWD at the mound. Go figure I've touched a nerve. My oh my.

And Darlin as for the " Don't go there and for sure don't complain about what happens when you go there." I've gone there now deal with it. What about JCM's last game? Yes my dear, it was the last one of the season for them as well & the last of the high school games period for their seniors also , but THEY SHOWED GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP! That's all I was referring too.

********thump******** Now get off my back I'm NOT ATTACKING ANYONE. :thumb:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P What A ~GREAT THRILL~ IT'S GOING TO BE WHEN THE RED PATRIOTS OVER TAKE THE ORANGE MOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:P

:thumb: Just where oh where did I EVER say anything ~bad~ about Melrose's players or coachs? NO WHERE!!!!!!!! I didn't have an attitude, but I believe I'm starting to cop one now. :lol: There will be NO problems "WITH ME" at the mound.

Gezzzzzzzzzz There didn't seem to be any problem in earlier threads when ppl where informing me about the CROWD at the mound. Go figure I've touched a nerve. My oh my.

And Darlin as for the " Don't go there and for sure don't complain about what happens when you go there." I've gone there now deal with it. What about JCM's last game? Yes my dear, it was the last one of the season for them as well & the last of the high school games period for their seniors also , but THEY SHOWED GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP! That's all I was referring too.

********thump******** Now get off my back I'm NOT ATTACKING ANYONE. :P

I stay in a Ball of Confusion! Unconfuse me please.

Did you say you go onto field after game to shake opposing players hands?

Edited by wingman

well said!

:thumb:

:huh: Just where oh where did I EVER say anything ~bad~ about Melrose's players or coachs? NO WHERE!!!!!!!! I didn't have an attitude, but I believe I'm starting to cop one now. :D There will be NO problems "WITH ME" at the mound.

********thump******** Now get off my back I'm NOT ATTACKING ANYONE. :thumb:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D What A ~GREAT THRILL~ IT'S GOING TO BE WHEN THE RED PATRIOTS OVER TAKE THE ORANGE MOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

i believe you said "we all know how dirty melrose plays" in an earlier post.

not sure where your information came from but I have heard only good things about the Melrose players.

also, JCM played 2 games after the Henry County game so unless you were at the JCM vs Hardin County game shaking hands, you didn't see their last game.

the more you post, the more you show - you don't have a clue!

i want others to know the attitude of mom77 is her's - not that of Big Red!

Go Big Red.