Haywood Tomcats (4-7) at Dyersburg Trojans (10-1)

treefitty74

i believe he had trouble with # 51 last time , who by the way, is a sopohmore.

beasely played 3 snaps and then a kid who hasnt played all season replaced him and the center tetleton had 3 broke ribs but they are healthy now and we will see, dyersburg wasn't ready to play last time and it almost played fatal if weather is permitting the trojans will score 21 against haywood but if it is raining it will be a long night for both teams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its go time in this one...

The weather may hold up,,with our real line back up we will score more, but not a whole lot more. It is a defensive striggle. Dyersburg has more weapons in the end...Its a low scoring game,,

17-7 ,,,,TROJANS

Lets see the thurd round!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck trojans.......I would say good luck to 73A but we are all playing each other so,,,,,,,No injuries and good games,,,,,,,,,.

great game between two good teams....

this game went just like the coaches called it....

low scoring slobber knocker.... the burg takes it 14-9

kicking game, turnovers, penalties made the difference in the game...

also have to credit dyersburg defense who twice had to build the "stone wall" to keep haywood out of the end zone...

4:52 left in the game there was about a one hour delay to allow the lightning and rain to clear...

dburg came out and just ran the ball on every possession to run out the clock...haywood never got another chance on offense after the delay...

Edited by mg

4:52 left in the game there was about a one hour delay to allow the lightning and rain to clear...

dburg came out and just ran the ball on every possession to run out the clock...haywood never got another chance on offense after the delay...

A few more details on the Haywood-Dyersburg game:

Dyersburg scored in the first quarter after a 79 yard drive, helped out by a personal foul penalty against Haywood. Shane Miles ran the final yard and Tyler Caldwell had 40 yards on the drive. Kyle Youmans kicked the exp.

Haywood mounted a furious ground attack (did not throw a single pass in first half). Bradley Witherspoon ate up most of the yards and Tim Hicks went in from the one yard line. Effren Aguirre's exp was missed.

In the third quarter, Haywood took the lead when a long drive resulted in a 26 yard field goal by Aguirre.

Dyersburg answered by taking the ensuing kickoff and scoring in 3 plays. Caldwell ran a trap for 26 yards, then for 6 yards, and Rashad Taylor ran 26 yards on the option. Youmans kicked the exp.

In the 4th quarter, Haywood drove to the Trojan 6, but Trey Vernon stuffed a Witherspoon run and Justin Cherry broke up Bret Stoots' 4th down pass in the end zone.

At that point, 4:52 left in the game, lightning and a storm front forced the game to be delayed, the stadium was emptied and a 52 minute delay followed. After the front came through, play was resumed, 4:52 on the clock and Dyersburg in possession on its own 9. What followed was the Trojans at their best the year--6 running plays resulted in 31 yards--Caldwell had 15 and Miles 23 (a penalty was involved) and Haywood never touched the ball after the delay.

Haywood outgained Dyersburg 269 to 163, but the Trojans had no turnovers, 2 goal line stands, punted for a 41 yard average, and had only 2 penalties. Poise in crucial situations was the difference.

Haywood is a tremendously talented team--huge in size and very athletic. Brad Witherspoon is a hard running back and he had much help. Haywood came into the game with a 4-7 record. They are certainly the most talented 4-7 team in this state.

First I sould liketo say

Congrats to the Tomcats

Goin into the last few weeks of this season it would have been easy to lay down. But the didnt they made the playoffs and were impressive in the playoffs showing the talents that everyone knew they had..

Good luck next year..

The same goes for Crockett Cty,,,,My pick to win it all, that had a unbelievable run and , unfortunately it came to a end.Good luck next year to you guys too....

This game was actually what I expected and although the score wasnt exactly what I called it finished as I expect...Our weapons were just bigger, and came though when it matter.......I havent been impressed by either one of our playoff games yet....Last night DHS drove down the field in three plays scored, and the defense came out stopped two runs for losses and then sacked th QB for a loss of almost 20.....Given that it was momentum, I understand but it just seems like they wait until it is neccessary to play football. They dont get that extra fire until their asked.....the only real game where that hurt them this year was CCHS when they got down 21-0 early and couldnt get back into it.......I dont think this team has reached it peak yet and that it scary cuz they have a lot to offer........Now we get a Covington team that has seemed to hit their offensive peak and could come in and blow this one out....I think the Trojans will be ready. we are lookin at another close one. Covington seems to find that next step up when it comes to playoff time, and I hope that the Trojans can make that next step to...I will say congrats to the Trojans for winning the first two rounds, and if I have it clear. I am hopefully looking forward to a semifinal game in Dyersburg.......Good luck Trojans and Lets do it.......I know you guys are really focused and are thinking state title, one game at a time.....We have beaten the Chargers once this year and it will take everything we have to do it again.....I would love to see everyone out to J.C Sawyers Staduim for a good game Friday nite...........Lets give our Trojans some support this weekend......

1st goal line stand resulted in a field goal...

2nd one was at the 4:52 mark in the 4th and haywood had to go for the win....

might have had something to due with dyersburg's punter who was pinning them tomcats deep.......

OK...The way it was presented,it was made to seem that Haywood came away with no points on both stands...It makes sense now...

I really expect a large crowd with real FANS from this region coming to see a good one......This morning I was at the barber shop and they were talking about sitting at home and listening, lets show what Region 7 is all about...

I think that our two teams are both at their best good enough to take it all the way to Murphesboro.........I hope I am right..

If Dyersbrg wind what is the home field advntage go to?