Ravenwood @ Antioch

ok..we get it..people can sit here and hate on 88 all they want..they fact of the matter is that he is supposed to be a big time player.."D1 prosepect" from what everyone is saying..who cares if he does a little chest banging..he may of been a hot shot all season long, but when it counts, where everyone sees what your made of in playoff time...we saw NOTHING, as did the scouts..im fine with the chest banging..i was just interested in the performance...and got nothing out of him when in counted..if scouts were there the player they were taking note of was Becker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt my post and constructive and supported. I would like to see 88 do well but I cannot defend his actions as well as everyone else watching last Friday. It embarrasses me for the Ravenwood players, my family and friends to see this. If your family, coaches, team, and supporters don’t see this and turns a blind eye toward him and say nothing, we all failed, as human being and will continue in this manner. If you accept this behavior, as I teach my kids not too, then you reap what you sow.

The fact is most D1 Coaches will not tolerate these actions and actions speak louder than words. If 88 can get this under control, he may stand a chance.

I understand why NUNUNU is not coaching anymore. Life is more than football and you had your chance to have a positive influence on kids.

UofA via AHS. Once you turn into an adult with children and grand children, you will reflect back to this, all knowing these are all good people who would like to keep the sport as they grew up knowing it. What it holds in the future? If nothing is done or said, it will fall into chaos.

failing as humans? whoa there bud, i think someone may be taking this entirely too far. you're reading waaaaaaay too much into this. all i'm saying is that if he was indeed unsportsmanlike...ok. his mistake. but it happens...period. as long as i've known, it's always happened. and every game counts...not just playoffs. ya gotta make it there right?

failing as humans? whoa there bud, i think someone may be taking this entirely too far. you're reading waaaaaaay too much into this. all i'm saying is that if he was indeed unsportsmanlike...ok. his mistake. but it happens...period. as long as i've known, it's always happened. and every game counts...not just playoffs. ya gotta make it there right?

I understand both sides to this story. There is nothing I hate more than seeing a cocky team. I have coached against cocky teams and I hate it more than anything. All people have different personalities and therefore all players have different personalities. Because of this each player is going to show his emotions in a different way. Buc is an outgoing person. If he had not been dancing around a bit then I would have thought that he wasnt into the game like he should have been. Thats his way of getting fired up. Some players get fired up differently. Some go out there and make big plays and are fine just getting a pat on the back and a "way to go." If you saw the game, which I did, I saw all sorts of personality in that game. Players were high fiving, some were doing a little dance after a big play, some made the same kings of plays and just walked back to the huddle, and some were yelling. Its all a part of their personality. Every team has different personalities. I promise you that there are players on Ravenwood's team that are more vocal than others, some are quiet but still find a way to make plays, some probably "dance" around a bit or do something kinestic, etc. Coaches are the same way. At one point in the game I saw Rector getting pretty vocal with the sideline ref. I like what I have seen of Rector so dont think that I'm knocking him I am just making a point. Some coaches sit on the sideline and dont show any kind of emotion. Thats great for them. These same people who are knocking Buc wouldnt want to see any of my games. I get really excited during a big play, slap my players backs when they make great plays and when they come off the field, when we have a big play on offense you will see me throwing my hands up in the air or making a pumping jesture with my hands, and I scream "way to go" all the time. Its my way of showing the kids that I care about what they do. Let players play and show emotion as long as they dont taunt the other team, curse the other team, or show disrespect to the refs. Life changes. The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes. The old way was great, but that doesnt mean that the new way isnt. The game has changed. Players have changed. Its good for the game. Its exciting and I'm glad and fortunate to be living my dream and be a part of this great game.

Congrats to the Bears and the coaching staff. Good luck this week Ravenwood. I think we'll see you in a few weeks in Murfreesboro!

I understand both sides to this story. There is nothing I hate more than seeing a cocky team. I have coached against cocky teams and I hate it more than anything. All people have different personalities and therefore all players have different personalities. Because of this each player is going to show his emotions in a different way. Buc is an outgoing person. If he had not been dancing around a bit then I would have thought that he wasnt into the game like he should have been. Thats his way of getting fired up. Some players get fired up differently. Some go out there and make big plays and are fine just getting a pat on the back and a "way to go." If you saw the game, which I did, I saw all sorts of personality in that game. Players were high fiving, some were doing a little dance after a big play, some made the same kings of plays and just walked back to the huddle, and some were yelling. Its all a part of their personality. Every team has different personalities. I promise you that there are players on Ravenwood's team that are more vocal than others, some are quiet but still find a way to make plays, some probably "dance" around a bit or do something kinestic, etc. Coaches are the same way. At one point in the game I saw Rector getting pretty vocal with the sideline ref. I like what I have seen of Rector so dont think that I'm knocking him I am just making a point. Some coaches sit on the sideline and dont show any kind of emotion. Thats great for them. These same people who are knocking Buc wouldnt want to see any of my games. I get really excited during a big play, slap my players backs when they make great plays and when they come off the field, when we have a big play on offense you will see me throwing my hands up in the air or making a pumping jesture with my hands, and I scream "way to go" all the time. Its my way of showing the kids that I care about what they do. Let players play and show emotion as long as they dont taunt the other team, curse the other team, or show disrespect to the refs. Life changes. The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes. The old way was great, but that doesnt mean that the new way isnt. The game has changed. Players have changed. Its good for the game. Its exciting and I'm glad and fortunate to be living my dream and be a part of this great game.

Congrats to the Bears and the coaching staff. Good luck this week Ravenwood. I think we'll see you in a few weeks in Murfreesboro!

...Just so I understand....when a player hits the opposing QB while he's got one knee on the ground....taking a knee to run clock......you'd call that personality?

Fortunately the ref and Woody didn't follow your thought.....he was flagged and Coach pulled him..............at least they know the difference...!

Yes...I was there..........and I think you know that we're talking about two different issues........that went way beyond anything acceptable........I've seen you guys play a number of times...over several years....the older boys played at Oak Ridge...and I've never anything like that from the Warriors...going back to the mid 80s.......I know neither staff would find that acceptable....old or new!

...Just so I understand....when a player hits the opposing QB while he's got one knee on the ground....taking a knee to run clock......you'd call that personality?

Fortunately the ref and Woody didn't follow your thought.....he was flagged and Coach pulled him..............at least they know the difference...!

Yes...I was there..........and I think you know that we're talking about two different issues........that went way beyond anything acceptable........I've seen you guys play a number of times...over several years....the older boys played at Oak Ridge...and I've never anything like that from the Warriors...going back to the mid 80s.......I know neither staff would find that acceptable....old or new!

Some of what you said doesn't even make sense. I didnt see Buc hit an opposing player when he was down trying to take a knee. Maybe it happened, I dont know. And no that would not be acceptable at all. And who have you seen play over several years. What older boys played at Oak Ridge? And what have you never seen of what warriors? Are you awake yet, go get a cup of coffee and explain some of this mess you're talking about.

Some of what you said doesn't even make sense. I didnt see Buc hit an opposing player when he was down trying to take a knee. Maybe it happened, I dont know. And no that would not be acceptable at all. And who have you seen play over several years. What older boys played at Oak Ridge? And what have you never seen of what warriors? Are you awake yet, go get a cup of coffee and explain some of this mess you're talking about.

Guess you just weren't paying attention. I missed it too at the game (saw the flag but didn't know why it was thrown) but saw it clearly on the replay of the game. So did the ref and the coach. Ref threw the flag about twenty feet in the air and you could tell by his demeanor that he was upset. Coach immediately called "Buc" (as you call him) off the field and good ole "Buc" slowly sauntered off the field. By the way, Becker wasn't 'trying' to take a knee...he had been there for a couple of seconds when good ole "buc" came over and shoved him to the ground. The one thing you said that was correct was that "that would not be acceptable at all".

If you still doubt this, order a copy of the game DVD from the Ravenwood HS video department and see for yourself.

Guess you just weren't paying attention. I missed it too at the game (saw the flag but didn't know why it was thrown) but saw it clearly on the replay of the game. So did the ref and the coach. Ref threw the flag about twenty feet in the air and you could tell by his demeanor that he was upset. Coach immediately called "Buc" (as you call him) off the field and good ole "Buc" slowly sauntered off the field. By the way, Becker wasn't 'trying' to take a knee...he had been there for a couple of seconds when good ole "buc" came over and shoved him to the ground. The one thing you said that was correct was that "that would not be acceptable at all".

If you still doubt this, order a copy of the game DVD from the Ravenwood HS video department and see for yourself.

I am not doubting this at all. I saw the game, I taped the game, I saw the tape. I wasnt looking at this one play other than to see the play itself. When I tape the games my eyes are on the play itself, not the after-play antics/huddle, etc.

I am not doubting this at all. I saw the game, I taped the game, I saw the tape. I wasnt looking at this one play other than to see the play itself. When I tape the games my eyes are on the play itself, not the after-play antics/huddle, etc.

keep your bracket and you will get all the warriors you want this year no more over rated slow poorly coached oak ridge you guys can barely beat smyrna

I felt my post and constructive and supported.

I understand why NUNUNU is not coaching anymore. Life is more than football and you had your chance to have a positive influence on kids

Its gets personal now huh? Why do you understand that I am not coaching anymore? Do you know something I don't. I know life is more than football, that is why I am still at Antioch High School. If life was all about football, I would have been gone. Young men need guidance, and I think I provide that everyday for not only the football team, but anyone else who comes into to contact with me. How many former coaches do you know, that was at almost every game. How many do you know that was yelling and cheering on every play, whether good or bad. How many do you know, that supported their program whole-heartedly, through the good and bad. I see these guys in the hallways everyday, and am constantly giving words of encouragement, or getting in their a****s about stupid things. Will I defend Buchanan's character, yes I will. Did he show good sportsmanship in some instances, probably not. But he is one of the best guys on and off the field, I have had the pleasure of coming into contact with in my years at this school. Those include the years where Coker and Brown graced our teams. rapbwood, I'll say this again, until you know someone, don't be so quick to judge. You don't know me or anything about me but what these post say. You don't know what influence I have on people, and until you do, you need to, "what", shut up.

Edited by nununu