Fulton at Carter

Road2Three

Well red, you may be older than me, not sure, and probably have seen "more" football teams as far as years go. But......I've been around some special players and played with them, so believe me, I know a great one when I see it. Age is only a number. I've got 2 State Championship rings on the shelf. How many do you have? Just curious....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well red, you may be older than me, not sure, and probably have seen "more" football teams as far as years go. But......I've been around some special players and played with them, so believe me, I know a great one when I see it. Age is only a number. I've got 2 State Championship rings on the shelf. How many do you have? Just curious....

I never had the privilege of winning or even playing for a state championship in any sport. Did win some small town (80 some in our graduationg class)conference championships but they don't give out rings for that. Congratulations on your rings.

The key to what you said was "some" special players. There just aren't many of them; hence, the term "special." I don't mean to detract at all from what Fulton's done or imply they won't do it again this year. But Rogan fits the bill as a special player, a difference maker, who takes a team from being really good to being a state championship contender. Smith at Catholic is in the same class and I will be there to watch if those two play again.

FYI, I don't have a kid on Carter's team, I'm just a football fan. I work with a good fella who does so I've taken some interest in watching that bunch get better and get to experience some winning. Let them enjoy it. I'll say it again, just because Fulton has a great team doesn't mean Carter's not a good team. Great teams should beat good teams just like Fulton has done. What I'm really interested to see is if Carter will make some adjustments and make a real game of it this time. I would like to see a more competetive game and see no reason it can't at least be that but, man, Fulton seems to take some kind of special pleasure in laying into Carter. We'll see Friday night, huh?

I never had the privilege of winning or even playing for a state championship in any sport. Did win some small town (80 some in our graduationg class)conference championships but they don't give out rings for that. Congratulations on your rings.

The key to what you said was "some" special players. There just aren't many of them; hence, the term "special." I don't mean to detract at all from what Fulton's done or imply they won't do it again this year. But Rogan fits the bill as a special player, a difference maker, who takes a team from being really good to being a state championship contender. Smith at Catholic is in the same class and I will be there to watch if those two play again.

FYI, I don't have a kid on Carter's team, I'm just a football fan. I work with a good fella who does so I've taken some interest in watching that bunch get better and get to experience some winning. Let them enjoy it. I'll say it again, just because Fulton has a great team doesn't mean Carter's not a good team. Great teams should beat good teams just like Fulton has done. What I'm really interested to see is if Carter will make some adjustments and make a real game of it this time. I would like to see a more competetive game and see no reason it can't at least be that but, man, Fulton seems to take some kind of special pleasure in laying into Carter. We'll see Friday night, huh?

Well I don't think it will be a competitive game, your talking just like the sportwriter for the newspaper did last year! I'm sorry but Carter isn't as good as some people make them out to be! Truth hurts

redneckurson, Jesus wants me to go to heck. He told me so in my dream. ;_;

gridironguy, this is the last time I'll respond to anything else like that from you but let me assure you that his desire is for you to know him and spend eternity with him in heaven. I'll be glad to discuss that further with you in the right forum (which is not coacht) but if you want to continue to denigrate my religion and my God (which, by the way, you brought up), the discussion is over. I will pray for you and, again, God bless you.

Truth hurts

Well, holy snap, that's sometimes true but, in this case, we won't even know if it is truth until late Friday night. It will be a competetive game or it won't and I won't lose sleep over it either way. And, again, regardless of the outcome, Carter's a good football team. So far, not even in the same league with Fulton but that's because Fulton is better than good and Carter needs to step up to that level to achieve what they're after.

Both teams have their fair share of Cheap Shots. I do think that several players from Carter got Caught giving some late hits, but I think If you watch the replay on VOD you will see that some of these late hits came after several Futlon players did things that some would say should have also been flagged. I do consider body slamming a QB several seconds after the play was over a personal foul. Should the Carter player have come hit the defender afterwards- no? I think that you do take up for your teammates though. If a Carter defender had body slammed a Fulton player from shoulder top after the whistle blew the sideline would have cleared from Fulton side. I also saw for the first time in my experience with High School Football a flag thrown on a coach for unsportsmanlike conduct and the ref put it back in his pocket and said no flag. The Fulton bench did almost clear with players and coaches after a late hit by a Carter player. Once again both teams have done there share of cheap shots. Both teams could use their share of football sportsmanship. I just did not see it as one sided as many did. Yes, Carter did hit some players late and made some bad dicisions, but several of the Fulton player did as well. Both teams talk to much and need to just shut-up and play the game.

Sorry, but I just have to resond to all this.

Most people would agree, a football team is a reflection of thier coach. If thats the case, then these two coaches need to go to counseling for anger management. Sounds as if the coaches have lost control of thier respective teams.

Fulton has always played with swagger and all that it entails, but until the last couple of years, I have always known Carter to have good sportsmanship. Is this what winning begets and is this the price you pay to have a winning football program???? There are a lot of schools around that have winning football programs that can still maintain thier integrity even if they lose a close game or two. Looks as if these two teams are a volatile mix and the coaches and officiating crew need to get a firm grip from the start of Friday's game.

Good luck to both teams.

Edited by ravinglunatic

It's all good red...and thanks about the ring thing. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the oppurtunity to be part of back to back championship teams because the "Ring" is something many wish for, but it usually eludes them. There have been many great football players come through Fulton and came up short. With that said.....it's playoff time and and nobody can be overlooked. I just feel as though Fulton certainly doesn't want that bad taste in their mouths this year like last year and will get it done, soundly.

Sorry, but I just have to resond to all this.

Most people would agree, a football team is a reflection of thier coach. If thats the case, then these two coaches need to go to counseling for anger management. Sounds as if the coaches have lost control of thier respective teams.

Fulton has always played with swagger and all that it entails, but until the last couple of years, I have always known Carter to have good sportsmanship. Is this what winning begets and is this the price you pay to have a winning football program???? There are a lot of schools around that have winning football programs that can still maintain thier integrity even if they lose a close game or two. Looks as if these two teams are a volatile mix and the coaches and officiating crew need to get a firm grip from the start of Friday's game.

Good luck to both teams.

Nah we just have a bad reputation because we are "ghetto." In all reality Fulton has just as much integrity as any other football team. Carter on the other hand..... well we won't go there but just look for the Carter v. Fulton game on On Demand and you will see what we are talking about ;-p

Nah we just have a bad reputation because we are "ghetto." In all reality Fulton has just as much integrity as any other football team. Carter on the other hand..... well we won't go there but just look for the Carter v. Fulton game on On Demand and you will see what we are talking about ;-p

So I guess we can use the off-the-field incidents as a reflection of Fulton's off the field integrity? Being as that each team has two or three bad apples?

Well the only thing I have to say is, a lot of the Fulton peeps are looking ahead. I know this for sure. I live and work in the Fulton community and the only thing that's being said is , "GO ROADRUNNERS I don't want to drive way down West next week." With that said I honestly think FULTON fans and some of the players are looking ahead.

My advice to all you Fulton peeps is, "Stay Focus or else you might get done in by dem GREEN HORNETS" I've already said Catholic is overlooking my boys too. So there could be 2 major upsets this Friday.. I'm hoping and praying for 2 upsets this week. AE over Catholic and Carter over Fulton. Sorry but you know I had too.

Oh yeah I'm picking Red Bank over Maryville too.

Let's GO AE.. oh yeah, Hope to see one of these teams next week going up against my ROADRUNNERS.

YES SIR!!

Is Jock back for this game?