189 Tyler Roberson vs Shuford soddy, pin 21/13

215 Lettner vs Scott soddy, pin 21/19

hwy Zimmerman vs Still baylor, md 25/19

103 Justin Hammond vs Manley baylor, dec 28/19

112 Dustin Stewart vs Whitaker soddy, dec 28/22

119 Wes Brett vs stavrum soddy, md 28/26

125 Taylor Whitt vs Downey soddy, dec 28/29

great match congrats soddy your a great team

Congrats to the team, coaches (and of course little sisters) for a great win!!!!! The 112, 119, 125 showed that old 60's Trojan Pride in making the comeback. OH and raider76 owes me $$$$$$$. Thanks, Trojans, it was sweet. Tyler, you looked like Hulk Hogan tonight brother. Keep drinking the milk and taking the vitamins!!!!

Make Raider76 wear a dress to work and sell insurance.........and pay you in front of his boss.

No question, but due to the D1/D2 split, it has no impact on state championships. It's a shame that it is that way but it is.

so true...I did not know that is what you meant by it.

But it sure makes the argument lots more fun when the rankings had Baylor and then SD......and now that has to change.

Congrats to the Soddy nation for a well deserved win. Great night for high school sports as both teams were well supported and fought hard. Appeared that Soddy was down for the count until they roared back winning the final 3 matches to win 29-28. Throw in a few surprises between the top 2 teams in the state and you get a 1 point match.

This should be close but I didn't take notes:

130 White vs Shufford Dec (Bay)

Baylor's freshman will be a force for the next 4 years

135 Mikey Fuller vs Mr Johnson pin (Bay)

Close match until Mr Johnson capitalized on a scramble in the 3rd - 2 good wrestlers

140 Ulric Winesburge Vs Mike Bell Dec (SD)

tied 10-10 with 10 seconds left until Ulric got the winning TD - 2 more good wrestlers

145 Jason McCroskey Vs Pop Dec? (SD)

McCroskey was in control but the undersized Pop fought valiantly

152 Jarrett Tooney vs Reed Doster Dec (Bay)

1-0 match, these 2 have been swapping back and forth for a couple years now - 2 more good wrestlers

160 Spelzer vs Mr Waddell Dec (Bay)

Waddell was in control but I'm sure the Soddy crew were quite proud of how their man hung in there only giving up 1 bonus point.

171 Lewis vs Fritz Dostor Dec (Bay)

Solid win for Dostor, a good start to the season.

189 Tyler Roberson vs Shuford Pin (SD)

Look out 189, Mr Roberson is a force.

215 Lettner Vs Scott Pin (SD)

The Baylor soph ran into a man in Lettner, Soddy is making their run

hwy Zimmerman Vs Still Dec (Bay)

Still keeps the heat on for 6 full minutes for a major

103 Justin Hammond vs Manley Dec (Bay)

Tight match until Mr Hammond's gut got involved. Rabbit's right as Mr Hammond is probably anxiously awaiting the 2 pound allowance.

112 Dustin Stewart vs Bailey Whitaker Dec (SD)

Stewart turns a 4 point TD in the first 30 seconds into a 5-4 win

119 Wes Brett vs Stavrum Dec (SD)

Brett looked strong as Trey battled throughout

125 Taylor Whitt Vs Downey Dec (SD)

Mr. Whitt shouldered the load to pull the upset victory with a late cradle and secure the Soddy win.

WV,

Thanks for the update of the wrestling match. I bet it was a classic. Wish I could have been there. Looks like your son won, congratulations.

Sounds like a battle of the icons.....

This type of matches will only make all of the wrestlers better as opposed to wrestling no-names.

Good job to Soddy and Baylor. :D

Congrats to the Soddy nation for a well deserved win. Great night for high school sports as both teams were well supported and fought hard. Appeared that Soddy was down for the count until they roared back winning the final 3 matches to win 29-28. Throw in a few surprises between the top 2 teams in the state and you get a 1 point match.

Results from The Chattanoogan. They already have an article on the match posted at www.chattanoogan.com.

Individual Results:

130- Adam Shuford (B) won by tech fall Jake Fien (SD) 16-0

135- Ben Johnson (B) pinned Mikey Fuller 5:28

140- Ulric Winesburg (SD) dec. Mike Bell 11-9

145- Jason McCroskey (SD) maj. dec. Colton Popp (B) 13-4

152- Reed Doster (B) dec. Jarriet Toney 1-0

160- Dan Waddell (B) maj. dec. Alex Spletzer 18-7

171- Fritz Doster (B) dec. Skylar Erwin 5-0

189- Tyler Robinson (SD) pinned Andy Shuford (B) 2:02

215- Matt Lettner (SD) pinned Scott (B) 1:00

275- McLain Still (B) maj dec. Billy Zimmerman 10-0

103- Alex Manley (B) dec. Justin Hammons (SD) 6-2