Greene County Football

tcpioneer3

There is not enough talent on these teams to compete. Sure from time to time they will do ok but if you take a look at the feeder programs SG has the best from top to bottom and that is not enough to way outside of Greene County to compete.

Your name suits you well-my understandings of the area are that SG has 3 feeder schools and one usually is really good, the other feeder programs are not as strong, and CD only has 1, and while good, cant compete with three year in and out when they get to HS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your name suits you well-my understandings of the area are that SG has 3 feeder schools and one usually is really good, the other feeder programs are not as strong, and CD only has 1, and while good, cant compete with three year in and out when they get to HS

Actually when you look SG's feeders they have the most athletes from top to bottom. There might another athlete from one of the other schools but it usually just one and no more than 2-3. SG's will have 8-12 year in and year out thats the bottom line. The other feeder schools might win a championship in one of the sports but when they combine its no comparision! Thats what uneducated fans and parents fail to see!!!!!

tcpioneer3, I was just trying to help out. WGHS will get a good coach, I just think that some of the people on here are trying to solve the problem, too quickly. Also name dropping on Coach T, is not a good thing, I'm sure the pepole mentioned here online, don't appreciate it when they get trashed or thrown in the rumor mill. I'm not even from Greene County, I have no dog in this race, just giving you guys my thoughts. I'm sure the coaches who "should resign or be fired", was really motivated to stay and help now.

tcpioneer3, I was just trying to help out. WGHS will get a good coach, I just think that some of the people on here are trying to solve the problem, too quickly. Also name dropping on Coach T, is not a good thing, I'm sure the pepole mentioned here online, don't appreciate it when they get trashed or thrown in the rumor mill. I'm not even from Greene County, I have no dog in this race, just giving you guys my thoughts. I'm sure the coaches who "should resign or be fired", was really motivated to stay and help now.

Anyone that knows anything about this situation has already heard these names in the mix...so its nothing new to them...no harm intended...on my part anyway...The coach that others were speaking of that should "resign or be fired" has been on T expressing his interest in the job and telling what HE would do or thought should be done at WG...so that person kind of brought that on himself...I simply wanted to bring into light the situation that Greene County Coaches face with just 2 assistants and the lack of funds and pay they receive..they continue to fight an uphill battle when it comes to TRYING to prepare their football teams for the next weeks opponent. It ridiculous....

What happened to Drew Pettit campaign? Can't find it any where?

if drew petiteis worth having then why don't they go ahead a get it done. i am telling you they need to be looking atmike pearson who was at south greene in 2001-2002. this guy can coach,motivate,and he has proven he can build ant type of program. plus the fact that his wife is an alum he would have some very influential backing not politics in orderto getthings done. i know how he feels about the youth programs and his players.

if drew petiteis worth having then why don't they go ahead a get it done. i am telling you they need to be looking atmike pearson who was at south greene in 2001-2002. this guy can coach,motivate,and he has proven he can build ant type of program. plus the fact that his wife is an alum he would have some very influential backing not politics in orderto getthings done. i know how he feels about the youth programs and his players.

I dont know who the guy is, so I am not going to say anything about that.

Brent Bledsoe took a David Crockett program and made them competitive for a few years. '99- 3-7, '00- 7-3, '01 5-5 and then up and went to Georgia for a couple of seasons. He is back and wanting to coach in the area again. He is hard to get along with but he knows football and can coach.

Sounds good to me.At WG we will take him because anyone is better than what we had!!

• 1 month later...

Actually when you look SG's feeders they have the most athletes from top to bottom. There might another athlete from one of the other schools but it usually just one and no more than 2-3. SG's will have 8-12 year in and year out thats the bottom line. The other feeder schools might win a championship in one of the sports but when they combine its no comparision! Thats what uneducated fans and parents fail to see!!!!!

I agree you can't compare to SG but, if you are educated you can surely count. SG may have 3 feeder schools but they are all very small and can't out number the # of incoming freshman @ CD and WG. Three of the 4 Greene county high schools should be getting about the same # to choose from each year. Also how many players do all the county high schools loose to the almighty GHS. They have ALL the money and All the support they sure couldn't seem to stack up this year. You can't blame it all on the coaches. NG should be banned from football after the stunt they pulled playing against SG!!!! It didn't get any press but the game had to be ended early because of NG behavior on the field. Their coach didn't seem to try to do much about it either. The behavior in the locker room after the game was ridiculous!! I know what I'm talking about, I was there!! I think SG has an advantage over the other 3 Greene county high schools because they have support from the coaches, parents, SGHS staff, their classmates, their community, former players as well as other admirers. The players have a lot of heart no matter what grade, they are SG REBELS for life. We love ya guys! Best of luck this year. GOOOOOOO REBELS!!!!

I agree you can't compare to SG but, if you are educated you can surely count. SG may have 3 feeder schools but they are all very small and can't out number the # of incoming freshman @ CD and WG. Three of the 4 Greene county high schools should be getting about the same # to choose from each year. Also how many players do all the county high schools loose to the almighty GHS. They have ALL the money and All the support they sure couldn't seem to stack up this year. You can't blame it all on the coaches. NG should be banned from football after the stunt they pulled playing against SG!!!! It didn't get any press but the game had to be ended early because of NG behavior on the field. Their coach didn't seem to try to do much about it either. The behavior in the locker room after the game was ridiculous!! I know what I'm talking about, I was there!! I think SG has an advantage over the other 3 Greene county high schools because they have support from the coaches, parents, SGHS staff, their classmates, their community, former players as well as other admirers. The players have a lot of heart no matter what grade, they are SG REBELS for life. We love ya guys! Best of luck this year. GOOOOOOO REBELS!!!!

Out comes the SGHS arrogance we in other parts of the county we are accustomed to. Thanks for shareing your great wisdom but I don't buy your bull!!!

How Great thou thinks thou are on that side of the county doesn't really have anything to do with all this. Coach Jones has proved to be an alumni of your self proclaimed great school in the South, where the wind blows almost as strong as yourself, but will never measure up to where he needs to be to compete anywhere outside Greene Co. As for the WG job, Drew is not the answer to that problem, as he should also try to get a job at SGHS where that kind of great self-admiration is so abundant. CD and NG programs have struggled for years and will not change anytime soon. As for GHS, it is and has always been a top notch program in the area, and is well respected thoughout eastern Tennessee. The problem in the county has been, as has been discussed the lack of support from the school board of one of the states largest countys and what is fast becoming one of popular regions of our state to live in. What needs to happen, is consolidation of the 4 county high schools, turn the exsisting schools into middle schools and let the games begin. I bet GHS might even put you guys back on the slate at that time. This problem will get not get any better till then and I doubt it will happen anytime soon. :thumb: