TSSAA vs BCS

Bullen01

:lol:

KevB worked with Dr Coffey and T Acuff on the new HS it is going to be awesome only problem is the Washburn is closing their HS and that has many up in arms (including many of my family members lol) I guess I was one of the 1st people that seen what it was going to look like. I think me and splainshornet must have similar jobs lol. Wonder how much Ritter made on the sale of land KevB lol. But he Justice Center is what got me voted the former county mayors most favorite person 2f9d. We need to talk more heck we are probably related lol

I think there are alot of players in 3A that deserve recognition that dont get it. 2-AA day were great and yes 1-3A does have a serious problem when it comes to competiton but I do think that was 1 of the reasons that Carter has done so well in our Region they have played good teams for years (may have not played them well but still played) and it showed in the way way they played on Friday nights this season.

As for how well Helton played against Fulton and Carter. He had 100yds total offense against both. Seymour had the perfect game play against him.

One thing I dont understand is how I can be blasted for being proud of a kid who in my opinion should have been given more credit. Its an opinion that I have but most of the posts with the exception of my 1-3A friends, have been really criticial and well just trying to figure out why, but how many of the ones that have been critical of Helton seen him play?

I have enjoyed this one keep it going and will have to say 1-3A fan are the most passionate, we stick to our guns...

KevB & hornet have a great weekend....

MSBison that may be my fault i didnt have my glesses on when I typed his name in.

My apologies

I agree with you Joe Hall from Carter is one heck of a player and I have all the respect for each and everyteam that Carter has played this year. In My honest opinion I think each team should have at least 1 kid up for the Mr. Football then go back and look at their stats but don't look at the region they are in. A team as far as I know doesn't pick the region they go to, Please Correct me if I am wrong. No matter who wins Mr. Football each and every kid that is on the teams that are in the workout rooms year round, out in the heat of the sun during the summer, giving up vacations and their teenage life just to be on that sideline on Friday Nights should be recognized in some way, shape or form. :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;

every kid that is on the teams that are in the workout rooms year round, out in the heat of the sun during the summer, giving up vacations and their teenage life just to be on that sideline on Friday Nights should be recognized in some way, shape or form. B)

Geez, the AYSO is infiltrating everywhere. Give em all an orange slice and run em through the tunnel of love.

By the way, Cates should have won it last year. If Fulton goes all the way, Rogan should win it this year. WINNING - that's what gets recognition and draws the press and should be a primary determinant for the awards. Just win, baby.

Geez, the AYSO is infiltrating everywhere. Give em all an orange slice and run em through the tunnel of love.

By the way, Cates should have won it last year. If Fulton goes all the way, Rogan should win it this year. WINNING - that's what gets recognition and draws the press and should be a primary determinant for the awards. Just win, baby.

Hands down, it has been a long time since I have seen a player as good as Rogan, the kids has it all Speed, Hands, Knowledge, and is an all around good kid with a wonderful since of the game. He truly shows in the end what it is to be a great player because he instead of soaking up the glory takes the time to tell the other players that they did a good job and it was a joy playing with them. My son and I both agree that if Rogan doesn't win Mr. Football then something is wrong. The Kid is Mr. Football. Good Luck Dennis and all of the Fulton Falcon from Carter we are looking for you to bring the gold back to East Tennessee. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is Brad Denton the guy kevb was talkin bout. I think your a bit wrong about Mr. Helton ive played against him and i know what the kid can do, i also consider myself a pretty darn good LB and well he just made me look dumb. I have played with shiverdecker from Alcoa and against Rogan many times and have seen smith play 3 times and still think Ryan Helton may be one of the best i have seen. so think what you want i know.

OK OK I was just making a case and my opinion. I suppose Louisville and Auburn see something others don't. I just wish kids in rural areas (the Rutledge's Claiborne ect) have just as good talent. Helton hadd 100 or near 100 yd games against all but 1 opponent (Seymour) and Gary Householder is an excellent coach who knew what to do. Im not complaining but have yet to find anyone that can tell me the critieria that involves the Mr FB award. I can see where schedule has alot to do with it but when teams blow out their opponents 40, 50 to 0 what is the difference?

Are you SERIOUSLY saying that he is being recruited by Auburn and Louisville??

Get real.. a letter from that school does not a recruit make.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you SERIOUSLY saying that he is being recruited by Auburn and Louisville??

Get real.. a letter from that school does not a recruit make.

Yup...that's true. They normally send out letters to the All teams...region, grand division, state.

The I-A schools have a pretty good recruiting system and they will find the kids if they're that good. If Helton was getting letters from Auburn and Lousiville I'm sure it's probably just for general info. I wouldn't think Petrino or Tuberville had a coach in New Tazewell, but we could be wrong.

Edited by KevB1990

Unfortunatly awards like the Mr. Football are pre determined in the minds of the selection group. It should be voted on after all competition for the year is complete. Look at head to head results, competition played against and the part they play to affect the team results. The ballots had to be in Oct. 31, Most were turned in far in advance. The season was not over until December. The local media voted for Smith and Rogan still almost won with votes from other areas. But Rogan has 3 championship rings and he was 70% of his championship teams offence and played the toughest schedule in 3A according to several computer models.