Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

Slick Dogbreath has been doing a few calculations, mr. haney played 6 games for Oliver Springs and then went to Coalfield, if he had to set out 6 games when he went to Coalfield then that means he should not have been allowed to play or practice until this week. Something smells a little fishy here. I have a friend that moved from to Tenn. from North Carolina and was told that he would have to set out until next season. Is it possible there could be a double standard. I don't think it's going to matter, I'd just like to know the real facts. There is a couple of players from Dobyns Bennett that would like to play with us, but we don't really think we need them.

Don't seem like ther is very much loyalty down that way. First the kid quit his school when he had been there for over two years ,and then Coalfield starts him over players thats been there for over three years. I guess its each to his own , but not a very fair way to run a program. I do think the switch has made Coalfield a more talented bunch, It said in the paper he had 13 tackles last week. I think poetic justice will prevail, it usually does.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slick Dogbreath has been doing a few calculations, mr. haney played 6 games for Oliver Springs and then went to Coalfield, if he had to set out 6 games when he went to Coalfield then that means he should not have been allowed to play or practice until this week. Something smells a little fishy here. I have a friend that moved from to Tenn. from North Carolina and was told that he would have to set out until next season. Is it possible there could be a double standard. I don't think it's going to matter, I'd just like to know the real facts. There is a couple of players from Dobyns Bennett that would like to play with us, but we don't really think we need them.

Ok, one statement at a time.

"Dogbreath has been doing a few calculations, mr. haney played 6 games for Oliver Springs and then went to Coalfield, if he had to set out 6 games when he went to Coalfield then that means he should not have been allowed to play or practice until this week.

This is silly. There is a letter of approval on file. Probably open to inspection.

"Something smells a little fishy here. I have a friend that moved from to Tenn. from North Carolina and was told that he would have to set out until next season."

Wow, you really need to take American Government again and learn about Federalism. Rules vary from State to State. Likewise all fifty States have their own laws, rules, regulations and even High School Secondary Athletic Associations. What goes on in N.C. is none of our business as it does not have an effect on TSSAA rules.

"I don't think it's going to matter, I'd just like to know the real facts."

The real facts, the family moved to Coalfield, the move was recorded and approved by the principal, the Director of Schools and all in administration that should be notified. When he decided to play football all those documents were submitted and approved by the Director of the TSSAA, according to their guidelines. He did nothing until that was accomplished.

Finally, I will state this in simple terms. Say a student was living in Stoney Creek and had been playing in Unaka games. His parents split. He goes with mom. Mom moved into Hampton to live with her parents in a mobile home on their property. She enrolls him in Hampton School because it is that school's district. He wanted to play football. All documents are approved, would you let him finish out a season when cleared, start or not does not matter? Of course you would. You may not let him start, you may not even put him in, but he would practice and be on the sidelines during the game. You might even let him play if the starter was not able to finish the season and he was the best choice based on practice abilities. Or you might let him play during a bench clearing substitution. Point is TSSAA sets rules, institutions follow the rules, and are aware of the consquences. Coalfield and Hampton both follow the rules. Sometimes they work for you; sometimes "against" but for the life of me I cannot fathom why this sitution is "working against Hampton" or any other opponent last time I checked there are 10 other players as the Hampton fans have pointed out how the team *clicked* w/o Townsend.

Edited by CYJacket

You are allowed to practice after you transfer, however, you are not allowed to play until TSSAA gives their ok.

I actually called TSSAA last week concerning the matter because I had heard that Midway turned them in. Ronnie Carter was out of the office, but whoever I talked to in his office said that Midway nor anybody else had written a letter concerning Haney.

I also asked Coach Moser at Midway about it and he said they had not and would not be sending anything to TSSAA concerning the matter.

I believe you are wrong Goose, I don't think you can practice with a team until you are elligable. Cloudland had a boy a couple years ago that had played there but failed school,he was inelligable to practice or play. Insurance wouldn't cocer the kid or even the other kids if he hurt one of um.

Loyalty works the same everywhere, Talent runs out people SWITCH to NC instead of NC kids SWITCHING to TN. Kids with NC tags playing ball at TN schools in the past

And now there are Tenn tags at Avery. Wonder what caused the switch. I will say one thing .none of the switches has occured in the middle of the season. In all the years at Cloudland, Cloudland got one kid who was a starter at Avery. The other kids transferred because they thought they might be able to start at Cloudland. I' ll tell you another thing, talent don't run out anywhere. Do you have a clue who should have been starting at Cloudland this season. Nearly the whole starting line either quit school or choose not to play. Sometimes the talent just don't have much interest. Evidently kids in surrounding areas choose to go to Coalfield ,but I've never heard of it happening in the middle of the season.

First off, I said the person moved from NC to Tenn., not vice versa. I thought, and I am no authority, that if you changed schools that you had 1 year with no play. Are you telling me that you can go from one school to another and start playing instantly. Where are our friends from Cosby, come on and help us. Are the Lowe brothers moving to Hampton?