Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

A loss won't necessarily move a team down in my rankings. I have to take into account the teams below them and how they performed against the teams they faced and if those teams they faced were worthy opponents or not. I always take into account the difficulty of every team's schedule.

As for who I think will fall in and out of the poll, I won't get into that. I'm going to let the teams play their games and then go from there. I will say that I don't expect Forrest to stay at #1 all year long and they could very well fall from that spot as early as tomorrow night.

Yes, you are right!!!

Forrest has a tough row to hoe. But if they stay healthy, it will only help them in the end.

Do you know if Jackson County was or was not at full strength when Moore County beat the heck out of them over the summer? I was wondering if someone was missing for Jackson County at that game. Moore County appeared to be at full strength, which I would better be able to tell than I would for JC because we play Moore County several times a year.

Having seen Collinwood and RBS both play more than once in the previous week, I would say, at this point, that Collinwood would beat RBS by double digits. We shall see. :lol:

Thanks for the incite into these teams.

Thats a pretty good assessment overall! I doubt anybody else will come up with as through a picture of what is out there. You've still got it, pt12!

Kaz :lol:

PT12 may be a spy for ESPN or something? I could not keep up with all that information.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

krichunaka, i hear we got you guys in the Christmas tourney in Cookeville. Looking forward to a tough matchup in the first round. Unaka has developed some great tradition. They are fun to play.

Nice rankings to start the year. Oneida is gonna be real good this year. Senior led.... Madison destroyed Oz in M'boro last year. I expect them to be good again. Jackson County is gonna suprise anyone who thinks they are down this year. They are ready for a run and they have some chips on their shoulders. You cannot count out Gleason with Hudson running the show. Richland is gonna be a premier team in their area. Everyone's talking about Collinwood. They may be the best team in Class A??? Moore County did not have the summer I thought they'd have, can't wait to see them match up against York this week.

Edited by BuffaloFan

Couple of questions for ptgrd12:

Are any of the other 9A teams on your radar?

You ever think of doing a boys poll?

In 9A, Van Buren County and Cascade are both decent teams, but neither team was anywhere close to being in this poll.

I could do a boys Class A poll as well as a girls AA and AAA poll, but, honestly, I just do not have the time on my hands to do all of those (I wish I did though).

Just a gut feeling, but I think Cloudland is better than the 15th best single A team. They have all season to prove it, but I expect them to be in Murfreesboro come March.

I too expect Cloudland to be in Murfreesboro come March, but I don't believe, at this point, they could beat any of the teams listed ahead of them. As you said though, they have all season to prove themselves.

Yes, you are right!!!

Forrest has a tough row to hoe. But if they stay healthy, it will only help them in the end.

Do you know if Jackson County was or was not at full strength when Moore County beat the heck out of them over the summer? I was wondering if someone was missing for Jackson County at that game. Moore County appeared to be at full strength, which I would better be able to tell than I would for JC because we play Moore County several times a year.

Having seen Collinwood and RBS both play more than once in the previous week, I would say, at this point, that Collinwood would beat RBS by double digits. We shall see. :angry:

Thanks for the incite into these teams.

PT12 may be a spy for ESPN or something? I could not keep up with all that information.

In reply of Jackson County/Moore County - I struggled with putting Jackson County in that #10 spot, but at the end of the day, I felt they were better then Oliver Springs who is better then Moore County. Jackson County may have struggled at times this summer because Jim Brown was trying to find a lineup capable of playing at the level that he wants them to play at. However, after seeing some of his Freshmen play this summer (i.e. Emily Bowman), they do have some very good young players capable of helping to lead this team. The only thing that will hold Moore County back is themselves. If they can deal with all of their issues on and off they court, then they will be in the Top 10.

Collinwood is a VERY good team. However, I put Red Boiling Springs ahead of Collinwood for two reasons: i.) they return their five best players from a team who made it to the 'Boro last year ii.) Collinwood's post game is very questionable with the departure of Ray whereas RBS has an established pair of strong players inside.

krichunaka, i hear we got you guys in the Christmas tourney in Cookeville. Looking forward to a tough matchup in the first round. Unaka has developed some great tradition. They are fun to play.

Nice rankings to start the year. Oneida is gonna be real good this year. Senior led.... Madison destroyed Oz in M'boro last year. I expect them to be good again. Jackson County is gonna suprise anyone who thinks they are down this year. They are ready for a run and they have some chips on their shoulders. You cannot count out Gleason with Hudson running the show. Richland is gonna be a premier team in their area. Everyone's talking about Collinwood. They may be the best team in Class A??? Moore County did not have the summer I thought they'd have, can't wait to see them match up against York this week.

Same here, BuffaloFan, And thanks for the shooting Clinic three seasons ago in Murfreesboro; threes were dropping in from a mile away. And your great post player, Snow (I think), how's she doing?

Nice job on the picks...I still think Westmorland will cause some problems...they return a vertern team themselves...they should win 8a and make some noise in the district....

On a side note the first game of the year for RBS against Grace Christian has been cancelled for reasons I do not know...

Edited by swanson71

Nice job on the picks...I still think Westmorland will cause some problems...they return a vertern team themselves...they should win 8a and make some noise in the district....

On a side note the first game of the year for RBS against Grace Christian has been cancelled for reasons I do not know...

You are correct about Westmoreland. They are defniitely the favorite in District 8A after returning four starters this year. However, even if they win the district, I am not so sure that they can beat the #4 team out of 7A. Westmoreland was one of the teams I had listed in my top 25 teams, so they are just outside the top 15 and their play over the next couple of weeks will determine if they move up or not.

Thanks for letting me know about the Grace Christian game.