Absolutely Ridiculous (Fulton at Catholic again)

Road2Three

I think that if Fulton comes out with some new plays instead of trying to run it up the middle every single play, they will win. Smith's height and athletic ability hurts because he can catch any pass and can jump. If Smith is shut down the Irish will have a long night, but Smith hasn't been shut down yet. Like I said earlier the key to going on is whoever can adjust during the game the best!

Classic example of people who know nothing about football posting their warped reality on a message board. Apparently Fulton is pretty good cause they are in the third round of the playoffs, apparently their play calling has worked just fine so far. A good coach does not just design new plays in week 13 because somebody does not like their style of offense.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The updated weather prediction calls for no rain after early evening Thursday, constant winds overnight and partly cloudy and cold (38 degrees) for Friday night. Catholic's field drains well except in a couple of areas and should be fast for a mid-November game. It may be perfect football weather, except for the frozen fans.

As for trash talk, it's not between the two teams. I've watched this rivalry pretty closely for the last two seasons. These teams seem to genuinely respect each other and that's good because the loser of this game will have lost its last game to the eventual State Champion. These are the two best in 3A and I wonder why TSSAA doesn't set up the playoffs so that once the playoffs start, two teams from the same district can't meet again before the finals. :thumb:

P.S. Tadvols, nice catch on my last post about the last Fulton game at Catholic. My cut and paste skills are obviously not very good and my proof reading is, well, pitiful. My intention was to post that Fulton didn't charge to park and neither had Catholic at the last game I was at or at any others this season. Those statements are accurate. My last post on the subject made no sense. Anyway, enjoy the game, your free parking, your hot dog, your diet Coke and, yes, the chili!

THE REASON THE T$$AA DON`T SET IT UP SO THAT 2 TEAMS FROM THE SAME REGION WON`T MEET IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IS BECAUSE 8 OUT OF 10 YEARS IT WOULD BE 2 TEAMS FROM THIS REGION PLAYING. :o

I heard one of the officials cant go this week. He seperated his shoulder throwing all those flags last week at carter. If the officials want to win they need him to get healthy! I still think the officials have the advantage, bc if a team scores they can just throw a flag.(hopefully they will all throw their arm out and just play the game)

Despite the injury, i still think they win. Officials 7-0.

Classic example of people who know nothing about football posting their warped reality on a message board. Apparently Fulton is pretty good cause they are in the third round of the playoffs, apparently their play calling has worked just fine so far. A good coach does not just design new plays in week 13 because somebody does not like their style of offense.

Classic example of someone who has no relevance to this game. Did I ever once say anything about designing new plays or run a different offense?? No I didn't, I said they need to come out with new plays *like some passing plays which they will come out with since we have Freeney back* I'm reffering to the first time we played Catholic where we didn't pass at all. You must be a Livingston fan who got mad cause you all were 1-9, and got your coach who won you all state last year fired. Stay in Livingston threads kk?? Thnx ;-p

Classic example of someone who has no relevance to this game. Did I ever once say anything about designing new plays or run a different offense?? No I didn't, I said they need to come out with new plays *like some passing plays which they will come out with since we have Freeney back* I'm reffering to the first time we played Catholic where we didn't pass at all. You must be a Livingston fan who got mad cause you all were 1-9, and got your coach who won you all state last year fired. Stay in Livingston threads kk?? Thnx ;-p

UH, Mr. Snap, first we are not happy with a 1-9 season (would you be?). Second, he was our offensive coordinator last year. Third, if we want to get on your thread to read or maybe even post, well, we have all the right to(I did wake up in America this morning). Fourth, can you not take a little criticism? I think the poster was trying to say Fulton has a fine football team(and you do), and the run is very hard to stop.

However, I do agree with you that is probably a good idea for Fulton to come up with a play or two not yet seen by KC(you can bet they'll probably have something new for you).

So, with that being said, I say good luck to both teams.

Winner is 3A champ!

Rereading your post, you said Fulton should come out with some new plays. This implies plays which are new. Therefore these plays have not been around before. Therefore they are a new part of the offense. Most "good" coaches know that running 2 good plays is better than running ten bad ones. Therefore good coaches will base their offense on a few plays which can be learned exceptionally well by their players, especially at the high school level. Any "new" play is typically just a form of another play. I am guessing that spending a good portion of playoff week on practicing unproven plays which may or may not work is not high ont a coaches agenda.

Rereading your post, you said Fulton should come out with some new plays. This implies plays which are new. Therefore these plays have not been around before. Therefore they are a new part of the offense. Most "good" coaches know that running 2 good plays is better than running ten bad ones. Therefore good coaches will base their offense on a few plays which can be learned exceptionally well by their players, especially at the high school level. Any "new" play is typically just a form of another play. I am guessing that spending a good portion of playoff week on practicing unproven plays which may or may not work is not high ont a coaches agenda.

I believe I sad Fulton should come OUT with some new plays, not come UP with some new plays. What that translates in the English language is let's see something we haven't seen before. Your right, practicing a whole new offense in one week would be a waste of time, but a couple of plays no it wouldn't be. Well to make this a little more understandable I will rephrase what I said earlier, Fulton needs to throw in some pass plays in the mix and maybe some new ones.

BTW Bigdaddy, I like your post, you didn't try to bash, just had a point to prove and you got right to it. Much respect for you and your post ;-p And thanks for the blessing we are gonna need it!

I know with Freeney back it would be a welcome idea to perhaps throw the ball if you're the Falcons coach, but I honestly don't see them throwing it more than maybe three to four times in this game, unless, of course, they are down by more than a score in the fourth. I don't really see Fulton being down by more than one score, or down at all, for that matter, in the fourth quarter, but I do agree that those three to four pass plays all need to go Freeney's way, since the kid could break it on Catholic. Does anyone have any idea who will guard Freeney at the cornerback position. I am thinking they put Harrison deep at safety on Freeney's side of the field, but will Browder be on him? I really have no clue who they would man up on him!

This one may come down to the kicking game, and we know who that favors. Been saying it all year, but when you dont cover "all" the basics, sometimes you get bit at an inappropriate time.

The other factor is the Catholic defense. The first two Fulton posessions of the second half are the critical area. Historically, this is the point that Rogan takes over. Gonna be a good one.

Good luck to both teams.