CROCKETT / COVINGTON GAME

foosballplayer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$$$$..........why else?

Actually it was 33 bad calls and I called TSSAA on Tuesday and talked to one of the directors, and I asked him about the officiating in that game and what they was going to do about the situation, but he said he couldn't go into that with me which is understandable. THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER IT UP!!! That was one of the most pitiful officiating I have ever seen, and the Cavaliers have to live with this for the rest of their lives. For example the most crazy call was the 4th and goal stop the Cav's made, one official said no, but get this, the official on the far side that couldn't see called touchdown!! The on-side kick was clearly recovered by the Cav's, but the ref's said no Covington Ball. See I look at it like this TSSAA can do what they wanna do. If they can take 5 games from MILAN, they can take a cheated PLAYOFF GAME from COVINGTON. Even though the situation was different, the point I'm trying to make is if they Suspended the ref, why not suspend the game.

TSSAA need to put themselves in the Cavaliers shoes and see how they would had wanted the situation to be handled. I even overheard some Covington fans say how bad Crockett got hosed and they was getting out of there.That's bad when the visiting team could see how bad the situation was.

Please don't act like Crockett Co. has never been helped out by "bad officiating" in the past. The 2001 9-7 win over Sycamore in the Quarterfinals the officials allowed Crockett Co. to use 4 TIMEOUTS in the second half. They hit a FG with under 1 SECOND REMAINING to win it 9-7. Did that extra timeout allow them the extra second needed to win the game???? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Please don't act like Crockett Co. has never been helped out by "bad officiating" in the past. The 2001 9-7 win over Sycamore in the Quarterfinals the officials allowed Crockett Co. to use 4 TIMEOUTS in the second half. They hit a FG with under 1 SECOND REMAINING to win it 9-7. Did that extra timeout allow them the extra second needed to win the game???? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

1 MISSED CALL VERSUS 33 MISSED CALLS, EXPLAIN THAT.

1 MISSED CALL VERSUS 33 MISSED CALLS, EXPLAIN THAT.

That missed call eliminated a team in Sycamore that would have crushed Covington the following week without Boykin at tailback and gone on to play Austin East for the 2001 Class 3A State Title.

In the end the result is the same which means that you GOT THE SCREWS PUT TO YA!!!!!

Sorry FOOTBALLFAN1960 but I don't know if Dyerburg would have been able to beat David Lipscomb last year. That Lipscomb team thumped both Lexington & Covington in the quarters & semis with relative ease.

That missed call eliminated a team in Sycamore that would have crushed Covington the following week without Boykin at tailback and gone on to play Austin East for the 2001 Class 3A State Title.

In the end the result is the same which means that you GOT THE SCREWS PUT TO YA!!!!!

Sorry FOOTBALLFAN1960 but I don't know if Dyerburg would have been able to beat David Lipscomb last year. That Lipscomb team thumped both Lexington & Covington in the quarters & semis with relative ease.

Dude, the ref's got suspended for not doing their job. I think you are missing the point. I called TSSAA and they didn't want to talk about it.

Actually it was 33 bad calls and I called TSSAA on Tuesday and talked to one of the directors, and I asked him about the officiating in that game and what they was going to do about the situation, but he said he couldn't go into that with me which is understandable. THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER IT UP!!! That was one of the most pitiful officiating I have ever seen, and the Cavaliers have to live with this for the rest of their lives. For example the most crazy call was the 4th and goal stop the Cav's made, one official said no, but get this, the official on the far side that couldn't see called touchdown!! The on-side kick was clearly recovered by the Cav's, but the ref's said no Covington Ball. See I look at it like this TSSAA can do what they wanna do. If they can take 5 games from MILAN, they can take a cheated PLAYOFF GAME from COVINGTON. Even though the situation was different, the point I'm trying to make is if they Suspended the ref, why not suspend the game.

TSSAA need to put themselves in the Cavaliers shoes and see how they would had wanted the situation to be handled. I even overheard some Covington fans say how bad Crockett got hosed and they was getting out of there.That's bad when the visiting team could see how bad the situation was.

oh my god it's a conspiracy get over it theres bad officiating in every game but dont set here and try to make it sound like money bought this game, i guess that means every penalty we got was a bad call to i was at the game and lets face it the first time crockett played use they looked a whole lot better but i guess since crockett came out cold on offence it must be the officials dont sit here a try to say the game was handed to use covington earned it the players earned it so dont even go there and also it dont seem to me that your very wise at all

LEST WE ALL FORGET THE DYERSBURG/SHEFFIELD DEBACLE LAST YEAR... DL HAS PLENTY OF $$$ TO GET RID OF THE BEST TEAM IN WEST TN SO THEY CAN ADVANCE TO FINAL GAME OF PLAYOFFS!

Why don't yall admit the fact Covington played harder and wanted it more than Crockett that night. And no refs were suspened for that game! I guess they called a better game than the Crockett fans thought they did. But I can see why yall are upset, after going undefeated, beating cov. 35-6 last time, and being ranked #1 in the state, I would make excuses up too. So quit being sore losers and admit when cov. is clicking there aint nobody that can stop them

Dude, the ref's got suspended for not doing their job. I think you are missing the point. I called TSSAA and they didn't want to talk about it.

This is unreal. First of all NO ONE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED. The TSSAA will not talk about it because there's NOTHING to talk about. CC got down by 20 early and started crying to the officials wanting everything. Before you come on here and start telling untruths maybe you should check yourself. On tape, the 4th and goal

clearly TOUCHDOWN. The nearside Official was blocked out. But you can see the Umpire nodding his head yes, then the other official went up with the signal TOUCHDOWN. Onside kick Covington gain control of the ball with both knees on the ground, CC comes in hits him and he fumbles. CC recovers. Sorry in high school when your down your down. Did you call the school and ask the AD to answer why the coaches let Covington score a quick 20. NO? WHY? maybe it's because you know how dumb that would be. Officials did a great job dealing with the game. Penalties 8 to 6. Sorry you lost but I have seen the tape. what you are saying is UNTRUE. These guys will be on the field again, THIS YEAR. 33 missed calls ALL against Covington. Wow. I didn't know Covington played so dirty. I did see 3 unsportsmanlike penalties on the tape, Who were they on. Sometimes you get beat by the better team that day. But if you must call someone go ahead. It's a free world and all.

Edited by wad

why blame the officials for the officials i agree with you,,,, had crockett came back it would have been a great game but since they lost they were cheated.. THE POINT IS CROCKETT WASNT READY TO PLAY AND GOT BEAT, covington wooped crockett on boh sides of the ball,,, crockett also killed their self by making stupid mistakes, kinda like when the punter planted the ball in the johnson's rear.... #1 crockett got out coached #2 crockett got out played#3 crocketts coach choaked#4 GAME IS OVER CRY ALL YOU WANT AND IT WONT MATTER. were the heck is ( HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS FAN) he would love the way coach pratt acted friday :blink::unsure::o THE MOST TALENTED TEAM MAY HAVE LOST BUT THE BEST TEAM WON :thumb:

Edited by trojanfan56