Tyner over Sequatchie

Indian

Taking five charges impressed me. I thought four of the five were the right call, one was a little "iffy." Tyner's coach didn't like them, but when you have a player flying into the lane and going over a set defender, that's a charge. I didn't like an obvious make-up charge call against Sequatchie in the last minute, in the open floor against a guard taking the ball down the court. Overall I didn't see much problem with the refs, I'm glad, the way some of the officials were performing in playdays wasn't impressive. They gave a technical against Tyner at the right time, I thought, for taunting, the game was getting a little rough already when they gave it and that helped settle it down a little.

...Had this game been @ Tyner with the calls going the other way your opinion would have been different...I really think your clock operator was having some serious isssues last night...I think he was trying to do too many things at one time which resulted in the clock running longer than usual after the whistle had blown...buzzing the horn for no reason...trying to do the do the score books(or at least that what it seemed like from where I was sitting)...

...Oh, another thing please inform those fans(the ones that were sitting behind the score table) that it was very rude of them to "hassle and taunt" our scorekeepers...one of our parents had to go and sit with them to ensure that they were okay...when the parent sat down one of the girls made the statement: "Oh, I guess I'm supposed to be scared now"...other than that it was a good game to start the season...I really liked the balanced scoring from all seven of the guys who played...the high scorer: 17points and the lowest scorer: 8 points :thumb:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Had this game been @ Tyner with the calls going the other way your opinion would have been different...I really think your clock operator was having some serious isssues last night...I think he was trying to do too many things at one time which resulted in the clock running longer than usual after the whistle had blown...buzzing the horn for no reason...trying to do the do the score books(or at least that what it seemed like from where I was sitting)...

...Oh, another thing please inform those fans(the ones that were sitting behind the score table) that it was very rude of them to "hassle and taunt" our scorekeepers...one of our parents had to go and sit with them to ensure that they were okay...when the parent sat down one of the girls made the statement: "Oh, I guess I'm supposed to be scared now"...other than that it was a good game to start the season...I really liked the balanced scoring from all seven of the guys who played...the high scorer: 17points and the lowest scorer: 8 points :thumb:

TynerRamFan, where is Tyner picked to finish in there district?

TynerRamFan, where is Tyner picked to finish in there district?

...Kinda' hard to tell at this point in time...they really played good against East Ridge last Monday in the jamboree and last night all of the starters and the #6 & #7 off the bench had at least eight points...with Howard & Brainerd in our District not to mention McMinn Central it should be an interesting season...I'll wait to see what the Times-Free Press has to say for it's pre-season report!!!

...Kinda' hard to tell at this point in time...they really played good against East Ridge last Monday in the jamboree and last night all of the starters and the #6 & #7 off the bench had at least eight points...with Howard & Brainerd in our District not to mention McMinn Central it should be an interesting season...I'll wait to see what the Times-Free Press has to say for it's pre-season report!!!

Howard is still in 6AA aren't they?

The students weren't impressed by the scorebook girls yelling and cheering, clapping and stomping, at the scorer's table. That's why they were being taunted and laughed at. I wasn't going to bring that up since it had nothing to do with the game outcome. Tell me if you think the players were set on defense or not, on 4 of the 5 charges. The clock operator forgot things a couple of times, but he was also having to help the scorebook keepers out since things weren't matching at times. Maybe if your girls wouldn't have been cheering those things could have been avoided.

Edited by Indian

The students weren't impressed by the scorebook girls yelling and cheering, clapping and stomping, at the scorer's table. That's why they were being taunted and laughed at. I wasn't going to bring that up since it had nothing to do with the game outcome. Tell me if you think the players were set on defense or not, on 4 of the 5 charges. The clock operator forgot things a couple of times, but he was also having to help the scorebook keepers out since things weren't matching at times. Maybe if your girls wouldn't have been cheering those things could have been avoided.

...Everyone knows that the 'Home' scorebook is the 'Official 'scorebook, so I can understand what he was trying to do...we also know that these are "teenagers" and they are going to cheer for the team no matter what they are doing...it still doesn't justify those Sequatchie fans for doing and talking to them the way that they did it...I'll say it again... if SC comes to Tyner and the same things happen I am sure they would feel intimidated, as a matter of fact if I had found out about it earlier I would have brought it to the attention of the Game Administrator....and no I don't think all of the 'charging' calls were right...but we played thru them and it didn't determine the outcome of the game...Indian, I really don't understand your last statement...these kids are free to cheer anytime they want to!!!

So you think the players were not set on defense. I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about the other four. You aren't supposed to scream, cheer, clap (with the visiting fans) and stomp, from the scorers table. I know you've been watching basketball long enough to know that. Do you see that in games often, I don't, ever. They were asked by a ref to stop once, and stopped for about a minute before starting again. That took away from what they were supposed to be doing at the table. They had to ask the home scorebook girl again and again who scored, who was the foul on, etc, that distracted her from doing her own job. I'm glad it didn't come down to a one or two point game, two Sequatchie points were lost and one Tyner point was added in the girls game, due to all that unncessary stuff. I don't think any ended up being lost in the boys game but they could easily have been.

Edited by Indian

All in all the game went well. BOth teams had alot of hustle. It comes down to to many turnovers by the the Indians. I dont think freethrows were that much of a factor but turnovers was. The seniors are going to have to step up in the coming games. You cant just have one or two of the them you need them all to step up and start to play like seniors.

...Everyone knows that the 'Home' scorebook is the 'Official 'scorebook, so I can understand what he was trying to do...we also know that these are "teenagers" and they are going to cheer for the team no matter what they are doing...it still doesn't justify those Sequatchie fans for doing and talking to them the way that they did it...I'll say it again... if SC comes to Tyner and the same things happen I am sure they would feel intimidated, as a matter of fact if I had found out about it earlier I would have brought it to the attention of the Game Administrator....and no I don't think all of the 'charging' calls were right...but we played thru them and it didn't determine the outcome of the game...Indian, I really don't understand your last statement...these kids are free to cheer anytime they want to!!!

Kids can cheer anytime they want to.. as long as they are not behind the score table. RULES are if you are behind the score table you CAN NOT cheer for either team or against either team. So, Seq. Fans.. keep cheering. Also, when somone off of Seq. fouled out, those girls were up and loud and making sure the refs new it, in a non manerly way.Someone needs to control the young girls.