GIRLS WRESTLING GIRLS

THEANIMAL

Hendersonvilles girl dominated her match last night. The team and crowd was cheering her on. If tehy want to be on the mat and have the heart to go out there then let them go for it. If it's just to fill a weight then and there heart isn't in it then get them off the team.

As a man that had to charge up hills, through swamps, climb walls/cliffs, jump out of whatever into abyss, etc., & with a "few" extra pounds on your back, it would seem you would support stronger links up and down the lineup.

I fear for some of our young ladies health and what can/will happen to them beyond 103/112. I also wonder about the forced public/private discomfort to the young man, against his teachings and the overall morale to all.

How does Bradley, Ryan, Baylor, MBA seem to never face this issue? (we know how Soddy deals with it)

I would support matches lined up as any team does similar to JV's. Calling ahead to prearrange girls vs. girls.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a man that had to charge up hills, through swamps, climb walls/cliffs, jump out of whatever into abyss, etc., & with a "few" extra pounds on your back, it would seem you would support stronger links up and down the lineup.

I fear for some of our young ladies health and what can/will happen to them beyond 103/112. I also wonder about the forced public/private discomfort to the young man, against his teachings and the overall morale to all.

How does Bradley, Ryan, Baylor, MBA seem to never face this issue? (we know how Soddy deals with it)

I would support matches lined up as any team does similar to JV's. Calling ahead to prearrange girls vs. girls.

I've seen a few GI Jane types in my day but they were few and very far in between. The cycle thing is a tuff situation to get around when you been in the field for over 30 days and you have a limited water supply.

As long as no one is lowering the bar or making exceptions in dealing with females in the job or sport field, I have no problem with them competing in their chosen field. The young men we are raising are going to have to compete against women one way or another. But hay that’s another topic and thread to be on.

Hendersonvilles girl dominated her match last night. The team and crowd was cheering her on. If tehy want to be on the mat and have the heart to go out there then let them go for it. If it's just to fill a weight then and there heart isn't in it then get them off the team.

I was also @ MJ last night. The girl was in her element. It was not her first

match and her upper body strength has increased. The people who cheered

I believe were from H'ville. I am sure that the parents of the defeated male

opponent were not happy. As far as size goes, I know of other girls that are

quite a bit larger who also wrestle. Years ago, my son wrestled a girl. His first

question to me was what to do when he needed to cross face. I told him

not to worry about her nose......she's tough and expects to feel pain. It is

a no win situation. If you win, you beat a girl.......if you lose, you will never

hear the end of it!

I've seen a few GI Jane types in my day but they were few and very far in between. The cycle thing is a tuff situation to get around when you been in the field for over 30 days and you have a limited water supply.

As long as no one is lowering the bar or making exceptions in dealing with females in the job or sport field,

I see your point here. Is the bar in the military adjusted for them?

:thumb:

quite a bit larger who also wrestle. Years ago, my son wrestled a girl. His first

a no win situation. If you win, you beat a girl.......if you lose, you will never

hear the end of it!

well i come from a family where everyone wrestles. even my sister. a girl most of the time can take more pain than guys. ive seen it plenty of times.

I see your point here. Is the bar in the military adjusted for them?

Airborne School, PT test and a few other things. As far as shooting and land nav etc, it's all the same.

Most of the best shots I've seen in basic course are the females. They listen and use the techniques that they have been taught. They don't come in with the ideal they know what they are doing. The same thing might apply on the mats. :thumb:

I don't like it either, but it's a moot point. Until TSSAA decides to but "girl" in front of wrestling, or "boy" in front of wrestling, as a coach we are prohibited from keeping them off the "united" team. What is keeping TSSAA from addressing this issue, I don't know.

Look at the TSSAA handbook, in the FAQ section and you'll see scenario's that are addressed regarding boys playing softball. They can't because it is termed as "girls softball". But, you flip that around where a girl wants to play baseball, and she is legally allowed because its titled as "boys" baseball.

As it stands now, due to title IX, if it doesn't say "boys", or it doesn't say "girls" as the subtitle, we are stuck with it.

I don't like it either, but it's a moot point. Until TSSAA decides to but "girl" in front of wrestling, or "boy" in front of wrestling, as a coach we are prohibited from keeping them off the "united" team. What is keeping TSSAA from addressing this issue, I don't know.

Look at the TSSAA handbook, in the FAQ section and you'll see scenario's that are addressed regarding boys playing softball. They can't because it is termed as "girls softball". But, you flip that around where a girl wants to play baseball, and she is legally allowed because its titled as "boys" baseball.

As it stands now, due to title IX, if it doesn't say "boys", or it doesn't say "girls" as the subtitle, we are stuck with it.

Wow, I didn't know you could think in complete sentences. :lol:

Is Farragut on your schedule yet?

Yes. Farragut. Is. On. My. Schedule. For. This. Year. :lol:

They know I'm having a "rebuilding" year. :D

What weight is Daniel going to wrestle? Did you go to the MS tourn. at Harpeth this past weekend?

Daniel will be 125-135 or on the bench. Who knows. He went 1 for 1 last night. Lost to one of the Yates twins at Mt Juliet last night. He made a respectable 130.

Didn't go anywhere last weekend. The Vols were playing :D

hear the end of it!

if girls join wrestling they know what to expect.(if they don't then they're not doing it for the sport, there doing it to be cute.)