Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea springer never had 40 carries a game either

I agree with you tha contender. Im sure Marco, well I KNOW Marco is a great football player. But when he is the only one who touches the ball, Its gonna be hard NOT to put up high numbers. (Not to contradict my earlier post about schedule strength)

Yeah, our fans get on here just like your fans do and say all kinds of things. I think our team is very UN arrogant and I'm sorry that you have heard otherwise. MPHS just won the AF Bridges award for sportsmanship so maybe what you heard was wrong.

Maybe I did hear wrong. But arrogance and sportsmanship are two totally different things. JCS knows this first hand. The coaching staff teaches sportmanship, but, (shown by last season) we had a problem with arrogance. You can look at the Union City game. JCS came into that game expecting an easy win. And it resulted in a loss.

This game should be just as exciting as the MP game vs. JB. I think a lot of people have doubted that JC could make it this far. After beating McKenzie fairly easy I think teams started to notice them.I say if JC can contain Daily from the 40+ yard runs then it will be JC coming away with the close win.But if they can't then MP wins in a close one.Good luck to both teams. :rolleyes:

I usually read all the posts in a thread before I offer my less-than-2-cents worth, but this one irks me. This MP team is the most UNarrogant team around. We've been hearing the 'one man show' business all year long. Marco is the man but obviously he has people around him so he can do what he does.

you sit here and say you are not a one man show, yet we sit here and listen to you glorify Marco Daily i am yet to here a name of another man in your show

now that my friend is arrogance

I expect your right...for two Friday nights now we have been on our feet from the opening kick till the buzzer...I hate to admit it but I may be getting too old to be a Friday night fan...just kidding

Jax,

#19 and the rest of the team has been making us proud this year! And I imagine you've got atleast a few more years of bleachering left in yah. :rolleyes:

Rep the west JCS!

Milan has my support! Do enough cheering for me Friday night! Let the Dawgs take care of business!!!

I agree with you tha contender. Im sure Marco, well I KNOW Marco is a great football player. But when he is the only one who touches the ball, Its gonna be hard NOT to put up high numbers. (Not to contradict my earlier post about schedule strength)

Marco was averaging about 15 carries a game for 14+ a carry coming in to 3rd round, we have two other great backs who have combined for over 1,100 yards. As crazy as the stats are the kid usually never played more that 2-3 quarters a game and one game only carried it 3 times for 137 and 3 TD, So the yards didn't come against the creme puffs. We are also proud of our defense who has look good as of late. Please don't take MP as arrogant, as JC we have'nt even been ranked in the top 10 all year except early in the year. We are proud of our team as you should be of yours, I can't wait to come to West TN and see a good football game between 2 good teams. GO TIGERS!