Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

I was sitting on the bleachers on the other side and heard a group of JCS fans(school age) in their bleachers chanting Marco Who Marco Who. To be honest if we had been in MP and the rolls reversed it would have most likely have been that and or more from the students at MP. I think it is part of the game players have to learn to deal with from other students. I will listen to the broad cast to see if I hear the rest. I do believe that most fans are reasonable but every team has a few that say things that shouldn't be said or do things that shouldn't be done. I remember several years ago a preacher in MP that was one of the worst at sporting events. It just gets out of hand sometimes. MP should prepare for next year and JCS for next week. Good luck to both and Go Tigers!!!

Just so you know the school age fans were chanting Marco Polo not Marco Who

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get anything started, but do u MP fans think us (JB) could have given JCS a better game, being as our Secondary is very strong, and we have a vary wide open offense. Not saying were better then yall, just maybe we would have matched up better, because JCS is alot like us.

What do u think, honest opinion?

Not trying to get anything started, but do u MP fans think us (JB) could have given JCS a better game, being as our Secondary is very strong, and we have a vary wide open offense. Not saying were better then yall, just maybe we would have matched up better, because JCS is alot like us.

What do u think, honest opinion?

I think yall would have matched up better. Mt Pleasant hadn't been tested like that all year. They were a threat in everything they did. I believe JCS still would have one who ever they would have faced. They excecuted very well. But great game MP yall had a great season. Keep making history here at MP.

I will say that the vast majority of JCS fans were very nice and respectful, there was however a grown man that was out of hand, but you can't sterotype a whole school because of one jerk, everybody has one or two (us included). I am very proud of our team who exceeded expectations, despite being fairly young, played great all year. Players, coaches, and all are to be commended. JCS has a great team with lots of talent, I wish them the best of luck Friday.

I liked the way the JCS jans treated our band. They gave them several standing applause. Thats not common.

First I apologize for any fan who didn't represent what JCS is really all about...we have a small handful of fans who do not buy into our real mission as a school...secondly, your band, team and fans were all class acts...I respect your program and wish you the best in the future...

Edited by JaxMan

:thumb: I haven't had the opportunity to until now to get to read or post so I'm a bit behind. I just want to say that I am very proud of mTp and fabulous journey they've taken us on these past few years. I was impressed with the drive, ambition, and hard work that these boys have put in this year. What a character-building year!!!!

I was at the game Friday night and was very impressed with our crowd. I was excited to see so many supporters travel so far to cheer for our boys. I was also impressed with JCS' crowd. I appreciated the "Welcome" sign at the gate. I was impressed with the guys who made the noise makers and shared them with our kids--even if we were the opposing team. I spoke with several JCS supporters on the way to the concession stand/restroom-etc... I came away from this game with a great feeling about JCS. I have to say that I'm disappointed to get on here and read some of the posts from both sides of this match-up. I didn't see anything from JCS fans that might not have happened if we had been playing in the Jungle. I wonder if the sting from the loss skewed our perception. I just wanted to say to the JCS team the I wish you the best of luck and hope to get to Murfreesboro to watch you win the state title.

Well i've been upset, proud, & who cares since our lost to JCS.

1st- Tigers yall are the best team above all. Best Coaching and players in the state. You played with heart all year. We've made it so far. Just get ready for next year. To who ever thinks we are a one man show, you are an idiot. Sorry the truth hurts!

2nd - Jcs, yall out played us the whole night. You are a great team also. I'm glad yall are moving to 2-A. For the most part the fans were ok, But I to heard Marco Who. I understand why, with all the hype. Don't agree.

3rd - Now after saying this, yes I am a sore loser. No I don't think that private schools should be on the same field as public schools. We can not compete with thier fundings. Sorry to insult anyone just the way i feel.

Again great game to both teams, coaches and fans.

1st- Tigers yall are the best team above all. Best Coaching and players in the state. You played with heart all year. We've made it so far. Just get ready for next year. To who ever thinks we are a one man show, you are an idiot. Sorry the truth hurts!

2nd - Jcs, yall out played us the whole night. You are a great team also. I'm glad yall are moving to 2-A. For the most part the fans were ok, But I to heard Marco Who. I understand why, with all the hype. Don't agree.

3rd - Now after saying this, yes I am a sore loser. No I don't think that private schools should be on the same field as public schools. We can not compete with thier fundings. Sorry to insult anyone just the way i feel.

I respect your opinion...you too have a great team...yes we won last Friday, but I wouldn't want to have to play you again...Marco and your entire team are a handful and while we contained him one night I wouldn't want to bet against him too often...as for the one man show...maybe the hype brought those comments from some of our fans...but trust me...if he was wearing blue we would have given him the ball every play...he is a difference maker...

okay... jcs was not yelling Marco who--the students were yelling Marco Polo. I'm sure if MP could have been heard from the other side of the field, they were probably saying things along the same lines toward jcs players. Also, all the students at jcs saw all week long was "Super Marco... Coming to an Endzone Near You". That's all that can be expected after putting a picture like that on the internet... that's asking for it. I am sure he was a great athlete... and congrats on the mr. football, but that's just what you have to expect when Super Marco is put on the internet, and who cares who put it on there, it was there and that's all you can expect when something like that is put on the internet.