chatt-town's best point guard

t-smith_15

2. Russell McNeil, Senior, Soddy Daisy

3. Stephen Cook, Sophomore, Chattanooga Christian

4. Dee Newson, Senior, Temple

5. Travis Smith, Senior, 21st Century

These kids are on mediocre teams. Ive seen 3 and 4 play and they are not that good. please give more names because these guys just dont cut it

Remember I was kidding about number 5.

And t-mac, remember just because they can't break Howard's press by themselves doesn't mean they aren't good. It just might mean they don't have enough help.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These kids are on mediocre teams. Ive seen 3 and 4 play and they are not that good. please give more names because these guys just dont cut it

Does the team have to be outstanding to have a good point guard? I've seen many exceptional point guards that have played on teams with losing records. Conversely, I've seen horrible point guards that are surrounded by a wealth of talent on teams that dominate. I admire your loyalty to Howard basketball even though I don't understand it because of where your own kid played, but there are other players in and around Chattanooga that are just as good as any one individual player on Howard's team. The thing is that Howard has a number of talented athletes on the same team which makes Howard (the team) pretty dog-gone good.

Does the team have to be outstanding to have a good point guard? I've seen many exceptional point guards that have played on teams with losing records. Conversely, I've seen horrible point guards that are surrounded by a wealth of talent on teams that dominate. I admire your loyalty to Howard basketball even though I don't understand it because of where your own kid played, but there are other players in and around Chattanooga that are just as good as any one individual player on Howard's team. The thing is that Howard has a number of talented athletes on the same team which makes Howard (the team) pretty dog-gone good.

Nice point. I agree.

PLEASE! You are Travis Smith, are you not? Dee Newson is unquestionably the best point guard in Tennessee, much less Chattanooga.

Mediocre teams?!? What are you smoking in your crack pipe?

Clarification. I was joking about T-Smith. JOKING.

Now that that is out of the way.

T-mac is most certainly not T-smith. T-mac (aka houston)makes more money then T-smith ever will.

Pasture, I'm curious, where is Newson going to school next year?

Clemson (Oglesby)? Other D1?

Oglesby takes the cake. And the pie and whatever else you'll feed him. Russell is right behind.

EDIT: I wouldn't call Temple mediocre. But t-mac is basing this off of playing Howard. The best team in Chattanooga.

Edited by Coniglio

I am no way T-Smith. Nor do I have any kids so I dont get the other comment. I love Howard but I think they are just OK but that will be enough for chatt this year because there are not any other good teams or that many good players. Who in this city is better than D. Ricks or D. Taylor. Satterfield is probably in the top 5 in the city and he is a better guard than D. Newsome and any others on this list except the kid from Bradley

I am no way T-Smith. Nor do I have any kids so I dont get the other comment. I love Howard but I think they are just OK but that will be enough for chatt this year because there are not any other good teams or that many good players. Who in this city is better than D. Ricks or D. Taylor. Satterfield is probably in the top 5 in the city and he is a better guard than D. Newsome and any others on this list except the kid from Bradley

I agree there arent many good teams in chatt. this make me sad because we used to dominate in basketball

• 3 weeks later...

21st century all day baby this 4 all my 21c players we made 21c history we were 22-6 at the end of the season and basically our whole gone b back next year except 4 my 2 back court ni99as d-tate n jhood..........n next year we gne win the state 4 yall bruh and thats wats up

And t-mac, remember just because they can't break Howard's press by themselves doesn't mean they aren't good. It just might mean they don't have enough help.

guess wat i aint no senior so i'll be messin wit yall next year holla back lol stupid fools

guess wat i aint no senior so i'll be messin wit yall next year holla back lol stupid fools

So what is "T-Smith's" real name? I know the Warriors were a good team for a /16U team . . . best in Chattanooga. Who all did they have . . . . . I know they had Dante Hampton and Hassan Cobb -CSAS ,Orlandis Jackson (Tojo) and Eric Penn - Brainerd.

well i would have to disagree with them being the best in Chatt... The 16U Steam were better.. we never played them but we lost one game all season and that was in a 17U tourny in Atlanta.