Williamson AM All-County Team

WarriorFan

No. I love Rector but McKnight deserves this award a lot more. McKnight took an 0-10 team that hadn't made the playoffs in eight season and led a late season charge that propelled them into the 3rd seed in region 3-5A. They also upset Lexington 35-7 on the road in round one.

But above all of that, is the incredible story behind Coach McKnight and his Red Raiders.

From the Williamson Herald (Nov. 2):

At this time last year, Travis McKnight was wearing full body armor while carrying an M4 rifle and a pistol as he did security patrols with his National Guard brigade during parliamentary elections in Shindand, Afghanistan.

One year later, the Spring Hill football coach finds himself back at his old job, leading the Raiders to a 30-14 win over Creek Wood in the regular-season finale Friday night. The win clinched a playoff berth for Spring Hill (5-5, 4-3 5-3A), which rebounded from an 0-10 season in 2005.

"Sometimes I think about what I was doing last year," McKnight said. "I'll tell you what, I'm really glad that I'm back here now and not over there doing what I was doing last year. It's pretty remarkable to think how fast it went, too, now that I'm back doing what I love."

Spring Hill will visit Lexington (6-4) in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs Friday.

"We're just tickled to death to have the opportunity to get in the playoffs, especially after an 0-10 season last year," McKnight said. "Our seniors have been determined all year long that they were going to turn the program around and get things going in the right direction. I owe it all to them. They're the ones that kept this team together."

Ned McCaster rushed for 121 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries for the Raiders, who broke a 14-14 tie with 16 unanswered points in the fourth quarter.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I love Rector but McKnight deserves this award a lot more. McKnight took an 0-10 team that hadn't made the playoffs in eight season and led a late season charge that propelled them into the 3rd seed in region 3-5A. They also upset Lexington 35-7 on the road in round one.

But above all of that, is the incredible story behind Coach McKnight and his Red Raiders.

From the Williamson Herald (Nov. 2):

At this time last year, Travis McKnight was wearing full body armor while carrying an M4 rifle and a pistol as he did security patrols with his National Guard brigade during parliamentary elections in Shindand, Afghanistan.

One year later, the Spring Hill football coach finds himself back at his old job, leading the Raiders to a 30-14 win over Creek Wood in the regular-season finale Friday night. The win clinched a playoff berth for Spring Hill (5-5, 4-3 5-3A), which rebounded from an 0-10 season in 2005.

"Sometimes I think about what I was doing last year," McKnight said. "I'll tell you what, I'm really glad that I'm back here now and not over there doing what I was doing last year. It's pretty remarkable to think how fast it went, too, now that I'm back doing what I love."

Spring Hill will visit Lexington (6-4) in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs Friday.

"We're just tickled to death to have the opportunity to get in the playoffs, especially after an 0-10 season last year," McKnight said. "Our seniors have been determined all year long that they were going to turn the program around and get things going in the right direction. I owe it all to them. They're the ones that kept this team together."

Ned McCaster rushed for 121 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries for the Raiders, who broke a 14-14 tie with 16 unanswered points in the fourth quarter.

Good story! :rolleyes:

Coach of the year- Travis McKnight, Spring Hill

Offensive P.O.Y- Trent Caffee and Conner Lowery, BA and CPA respectively

Defensive P.O.Y- Josh Frohock, Franklin

1st Team

QB- Caffee

RB- Michael DeGalliford, Fairview

RB- Corey Laidlaw- Ravenwood

WR- Tripp Wier, CPA

WR- John Garett, BA

WR- Todd "Mr. UT" Cambpell, Franklin

OL- Garrett Snoeyenbos, Ravenwood

OL- Joe Thompson, Ravenwood

OL- Scotty Hazzard, Independence

OL- Jason Huie, BA

OL- Jed Baldoni, Fairview

Defense

DL- A.J. Greene, BA

DL- Jaron Norfleet, Brentwood

DL- Justin Parris, CPA

DL- Simon George, Franklin

LB- Frohock

LB- Ryan Consiglio, Independence

LB- Alex House, CPA

LB- Jake Norman, Page

DB- Scott Ford, Ravenwood

DB- Allante McLemore, Centennial

DB- Kyle Woods, Brentwood

DB- Isaac Baugh, Independence

ATH- Lowery

K- Eric Gasiecki, Fairview

P- Roshan Patel, Spring Hill

2ND TEAM

Offense

QB- Zac Cordell, Indy

RB- Taylor Lankford, Page

RB- Scott Pettigrew, Indy

WR- Jeff Veres, Indy

WR- Bill Kottas, BA

WR- Richard Sharp, CPA

OL- Robert Stone, Brentwood

OL- Terry Hogan, Centennial

OL- Zack Pirtle, Spring Hill

OL- Rhamey Ihmedian, Page

OL- Alex Bullard, BA

Defense

DL- Jabaree Tuani, BA

DL- John Michael Galbraith, CPA

DL- Josh Grigsby, Indy

DL- Chad Parker, Page

DL- Paul Cleckner, Ravenwood (he's a linebacker)

LB- Jay Tulley, BGA

LB- Luke Schuyler, BA

LB- Zack Draughon, CPA

DB- Benny Anderson, Franklin

DB- George Tanifum, Jr, Ravenwood

DB- Jackson Nichols, CPA

DB- Chris Darnell, Indy

ATH- Magwan Smith, Spring Hill

K- Kevin Loudermilk, Brentwood

P- John Thomas, Franklin

Just a thought....how would Williamson County team listed above do against other Counties all county teams? Looks to me like this could be a heck of a all-star team.

Although, it would never happen....still the thought of seeing these guys battle maybe a Rutherford county or Metro would be some enjoyable games to see. :rolleyes:

actually spring hill high is in columbia city limits so they schouldn't be on there at all. the spring hill city limits starts about a quarter of a mile down the road!!!!!!!

Evidently, they changed it from All-County like it used to be to All-Area. That makes no sense whatsoever other than to sell papers. It is called the Williamson AM and not the Maury AM or the Area AM. Political correctness at it's best. :lol: The only school in that area that should be included is Independence in the Williamson Co. side of Spring Hill/Thompson Station. Spring Hill High School is far south past the Saturn Pky exit. It is nowhere near the border of Williamson Co. There were kids that deserved to be covered on an All-County Team on the WILLIAMSON co side of the border, as it IS the Williamson AM. I couldn't fathom there being an all-county team for Davidson or Maury and the Williamson county kids being on it.

My next question is does the local Maury County or Columbia paper pick an All-County team and include the Spring Hill team as well? Hey......they could double dip and be All-County in Maury and Williamson!

Just checked out CPA's web site as well, and noticed they too are not in Williamson County. Now that I see that, I feel that Overton and FRA was discriminated against because they are close to Williamson Co, and being that the Nashville side of Brentwood's kids go to Overton, and I am sure they get the Williamson AM and they should be included. :lol: Anyone up to the protest, or should there be a true All-County team recognized by a local paper in Williamson County?

Edited by Brandon100

My perspective is limited to the BA/McC game. If Ford and White aren't all county something, you've got a bunch of future Heisman winners and D1 players in front of them. I guess BA has 8 on the first and second teams and 10 would be perceived as excessive by several Williamson county teams. Too bad, those kids can play and probably deserve recogniton. The McCallie players and fans would nominate them.

If Williamson AM didn’t get ask the WC Coaches to vote for the All-WC, then it is meaningless. You think Jonathan Long went to see any of these games before making a selection or used the old fashion way, put names in balloons and threw darts?

I don’t know if I could have done any better. Off course my opinion would have been an opinion of one, basis or ignorant or both. On some positions, I would resort to darts or coin flipping to figure out who gets in the first team, second, or no team selection.

I would have left Spring Hill out unless JL know something about a future land grab by Williamson County. Spring Hill doesn’t have good relationship with the Maury County Commission with many articles in the paper about the bickering between the two governments. “Why can’t we all get along?” don’t apply to the elected officials in Maury County.

If Williamson AM didn’t get ask the WC Coaches to vote for the All-WC, then it is meaningless. You think Jonathan Long went to see any of these games before making a selection or used the old fashion way, put names in balloons and threw darts?

I don’t know if I could have done any better. Off course my opinion would have been an opinion of one, basis or ignorant or both. On some positions, I would resort to darts or coin flipping to figure out who gets in the first team, second, or no team selection.

I would have left Spring Hill out unless JL know something about a future land grab by Williamson County. Spring Hill doesn’t have good relationship with the Maury County Commission with many articles in the paper about the bickering between the two governments. “Why can’t we all get along?” don’t apply to the elected officials in Maury County.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the picks, but I do know JL did cover 3-4 IHS games this year. Not sure how many other couty teams he saw.

The Williamson Herald Sports is actually run by Doug Dyer, former Spors Editor at the AM before a nasty dispute led to him being forced out.

Last year the Williamson Herald picked and reported the All-County Team from Williamson County at the end of the season.

This All-Area Team thing from the Williamson AM seems to be new.