Freshman boy's basketball teams in Nashville

Icy

Driven, I don't know if anyone wants to play MBA this year, I hear they are exceptional.

BigChief, Did the change help ELM in scheduling their games?

You are right. MBA is very solid. I have seen them play several times this year and they play hard defensively and are very patient offensively. Howard Pride does an excellent job coaching the kids.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can debate on whose the best but MLK has only lost one game and in first place by themselves. I think the second place team has lost two or three. Give them "kudos" for only have six players. But I think between MLK, Franklin, Glencliff, Maplewood, East, Hillsboro and McGavock, anyone can up and win the tournament but as for the season, with three games left to win the regular season, I would have to say it looks good for MLK. MLK has Stratford, Hunter's Lane and Franklin to play. It will be interesting.

What is the remaining schedules for Hillsboro, Glencliff and Maplewood?

Well you can debate on whose the best but MLK has only lost one game and in first place by themselves. I think the second place team has lost two or three. Give them "kudos" for only have six players. But I think between MLK, Franklin, Glencliff, Maplewood, East, Hillsboro and McGavock, anyone can up and win the tournament but as for the season, with three games left to win the regular season, I would have to say it looks good for MLK. MLK has Stratford, Hunter's Lane and Franklin to play. It will be interesting.

What is the remaining schedules for Hillsboro, Glencliff and Maplewood?

MLK does have two easy games but they had better not overlook Franklin, they are good and deep although they have tailed off out of district lately. I don't believe that anyone besides McGavock has beaten Franklin in the freshman district unless it happened this week.

I always thought we should be teaching kids to accept personal responsibility for their failures. It seems to me that if you keep blaming officials and others for your failures you are sending the wrong message to your team. This will ultimately lead to attitude problems and the chances of your team succeeding in the future are diminished because of this.

MLK does have two easy games but they had better not overlook Franklin, they are good and deep although they have tailed off out of district lately. I don't believe that anyone besides McGavock has beaten Franklin in the freshman district unless it happened this week.

By no means is anyone overlooking Franklin. They have two lost. They lost to Hillsboro and McGavock.

Edited by ebbybm

I always thought we should be teaching kids to accept personal responsibility for their failures. It seems to me that if you keep blaming officials and others for your failures you are sending the wrong message to your team. This will ultimately lead to attitude problems and the chances of your team succeeding in the future are diminished because of this.

I totally agree with you upandcomer, on the other hand, if you were at those games then you would not make that statement. I agree that there are games where the officials makes mistakes but those situations was highly controversial. I teach my kids to always accept losing a game as a situation to learn and get better.

Think about this upandcomer, what would you say to your kids if the officials and the administrators affected the outcome of your game?

What would you say if it happen to you again but this situation was 100 times worst?

Edited by Icy

I totally agree with you upandcomer, on the other hand, if you were at those games then you would not make that statement. I agree that there are games where the officials makes mistakes but those situations was highly controversial. I teach my kids to always accept losing a game as a situation to learn and get better.

Boy if you want to see "bad" calls or "lack" of calls you should see some of the varsity (MLK) games against some of the private schools in their division. Man!!! Talk about obvious. The more things change the more things stay the same. This is coming from a person who believes things just go both ways but boy has my faith been "shaken". :lol:

Edited by ebbybm