Freshman boy's basketball teams in Nashville

Icy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I see it Icy;

You have 14 teams in the district tournament.

Top two ceeds should get a first round bye and play some semblance of the bottom 4 teams in the quarter finals.

Remaining 12 teams would play in the opening round. It's gonna be interesting how this is played with so many teams in one tournament with boys and girls.

Tournament is at Whites Creek, take your team helicopter!

Other 12 teams would have first round games against one another.

#3 v #10

#4 v #9

#5 v #8

#6 v #7

Thanks...the tournament is at Hunters Lane unless it has been changed....

Edited by Icy

Lets get some ideas of where everyone stacks up. Any of the first five teams could win it. How close am I on these standings?

McGavock

Maplewood

MLK

Franklin

Glencliff

Hillsboro

East Literature

Antioch

Hunters Lane

Whites Creek

Hume Fogg

Stratford

John Overton

Pearl Cohn

Hillwood

I'm wrong Icy, there are 15 teams not 14. Back to square one.....

#1 gets a bye. 2-15, 3-14, 4-13 etc. All ties will use the same tie-breakers we have always used. I believe first round games were to be at home sites of top seeds.

Yep. Any ideas BigChief when they would play? Probably playin game on Friday with everything else on Saturday?

1 v 14-15 winner

2 v 13

3 v 12

4 v 11

5 v 10

6 v 9

7 v 8

Edited by BigPoppa

Lets get some ideas of where everyone stacks up. Any of the first five teams could win it. How close am I on these standings?

It looks pretty good. MLK has only lost one game and plays Stratford on 1/29, Hunter's Lane on 1/30 and Franklin on 2/1.

McGavock

Maplewood

MLK

Franklin

Glencliff

Hillsboro

East Literature

Antioch

Hunters Lane

Whites Creek

Hume Fogg

Stratford

John Overton

Pearl Cohn

Hillwood

I'm wrong Icy, there are 15 teams not 14. Back to square one.....

I know that MBA is not in the conference but why is Franklin? There are already plenty of Metro schools. What are there 14 Metro teams already in the conference?

Reason is that Franklin has always been in the Nashville league. Last year many of the Williamson County (Ravenwood, Brentwood, Centennial) teams pulled out of the Nashville league days before the scheduling meeting and it kind of put everyone in a tough spot in making their schedule. They didn't really consult anyone from the Nashville Schools, they just jumped out and formed their own league.

I don't think they should boot a school that has been loyal to the league just because they are always pretty good.

It was done in an attempt to align the freshman schedules with the varsity. Most schools have to schedule freshman home games when the varsity is away and away when the varsity is home. It just makes more sense to play the freshman game on the same day that the varsity teams play that school if at all possible. Example: Glencliff varsity plays Stratford at Glencliff, then the freshmen play at Stratford. Due to the D1 and D2 split, very few of the Metro teams still play MBA, Ryan, Ensworth, Harpeth Hall etc. anymore at the varsity level.