4A All State Selections

Footballfan15

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Arrent of Hillsboro is the states leading passer with 2400+ yards passing. You don't think this makes him the obvious choice.

Great stats but the fact that Phillips won as a soph will lead him to it again this year. He posted outstanding stats himself.

Phillips, rushing - 739yds on 152 attempts, 14 TDs / passing - 1708yds on 110 completions in 170 attempts (64.7%), 4 ints, 17 TDs / Total - 2447 yards, 31 TDs

He took some early heat, as do all leaders but he prevailed and is an outstanding QB and team leader.

Does it not make a difference that Arrent has led his team to a state title game and passed for 1000+ yds in the playoffs.

I have seen your posts in other threads promoting Arent. Jacques Seward is probably the best player on the Hillsboro team. He not only plays offense, but, defense and special teams. Plus in the Antioch game when the offense was struggling, he throws a pass that sets up Hillsboro's first touchdown. Arent is ok and will be better after he works on some things (one thing in particular).

I have seen your posts in other threads promoting Arent. Jacques Seward is probably the best player on the Hillsboro team. He not only plays offense, but, defense and special teams. Plus in the Antioch game when the offense was struggling, he throws a pass that sets up Hillsboro's first touchdown. Arent is ok and will be better after he works on some things (one thing in particular).

Jaques Seward is obvious all state RB 4a

Jaques Seward is obvious all state RB 4a

Seward gets a lot of yards because Arent makes teams defend the whole field with his strong arm.

Great stats but the fact that Phillips won as a soph will lead him to it again this year. He posted outstanding stats himself.

Phillips, rushing - 739yds on 152 attempts, 14 TDs / passing - 1708yds on 110 completions in 170 attempts (64.7%), 4 ints, 17 TDs / Total - 2447 yards, 31 TDs

He took some early heat, as do all leaders but he prevailed and is an outstanding QB and team leader.

Is the All State team a career or season award?

If you read the post I was talking about the QB position. Jacques Seward is a super athlete and also deserves the honor at the RB spot. He is an iron man and most likely the heart of their team.

Seward gets a lot of yards because Arent makes teams defend the whole field with his strong arm.

Seward was VERY GOOD last year when Coach Aydelott was running the wing-T.

Would have picked up more yards but of course the QB ran with the ball a lot. Those two were almost unstoppable last year running the ball.

I do not think you saw any of Hillsboro's games last year or you would not have made the above statement since Seward was able to run when the QB was not a passing QB.