FRESHMAN AND SOPHOMORE PLAYERS IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE

B-BALL WATCHER

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that I've noticed was that my best jumpers were girls that fell in the 5'8 to 5'11 range. It seems like the more over 6 feet the lazier or either the more injury prone they've been, which means that they can't get up like they should due to a pre-existing condition with the knees, ankles etc. This is something I noticed even in middle school, from personal experience. This may not be the norm for everyone but that's just what I've been able to observe.

Edited by coachgat

One thing that I've noticed was that my best jumpers where girls that fell in the 5'8 to 5'11 range. It seems like the more over 6 feet the lazier or either the more injury prone they've been, which means that they can't get up like they should due to a pre-existing condition with the knees, ankles etc. This is something I noticed even in middle school, from personal experience. This may not be the norm for everyone but that's just what I've been able to observe.

Once girls hit about 6 foot they seem to slow down and there jump is none like the girls from the 5'8-5'11 range. i have to agree with you on that one! i've always noticed that being more injury prone is true also. maybe growing too fast? i'm not sure.

One thing that I've noticed was that my best jumpers were girls that fell in the 5'8 to 5'11 range. It seems like the more over 6 feet the lazier or either the more injury prone they've been, which means that they can't get up like they should due to a pre-existing condition with the knees, ankles etc. This is something I noticed even in middle school, from personal experience. This may not be the norm for everyone but that's just what I've been able to observe.

THAT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE CASE. I'VE SEEN THIS GIRL THAT PLAYS FOR CLARKRANGE #30 PHILLIPS SHE'S 6' OR BETTER AND SHE DOSEN'T SEEM TO HAVE ANY PROBLEM JUMPING. I'VE SEEN HER OUT REBOUND OVER GIRLS BIGGER THEN HER AND SHE ISN'T LAZY EITHER SHE RUNS THE FLOOR WELL, AND CAN REALLY MATCH UP WITH ANY ONE ON DEFENCE. SHE IS JUST A SOPHMORE, IF SHE STAYS HEALTHY, AND CONTINUES TO GROW IN HER GAME SHE IS GOING TO BE AN EXCELLANT BALLPLAYER!

THAT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE CASE. I'VE SEEN THIS GIRL THAT PLAYS FOR CLARKRANGE #30 PHILLIPS SHE'S 6' OR BETTER AND SHE DOSEN'T SEEM TO HAVE ANY PROBLEM JUMPING. I'VE SEEN HER OUT REBOUND OVER GIRLS BIGGER THEN HER AND SHE ISN'T LAZY EITHER SHE RUNS THE FLOOR WELL, AND CAN REALLY MATCH UP WITH ANY ONE ON DEFENCE. SHE IS JUST A SOPHMORE, IF SHE STAYS HEALTHY, AND CONTINUES TO GROW IN HER GAME SHE IS GOING TO BE AN EXCELLANT BALLPLAYER!

I said that it may not be the norm but it is what I've seen most of the time. I know of this post player in Mississippi that defies that also. Lasondra Barrett, she is about 6'2 or so and she is probably the best post player I've seen in a while to be tall and athletic. I remember coaching against her when she was in middle school and it was a sight for sore eyes, especially when my tallest player was 5'8 and not that athletic. I wish you all could see Lasondra's team, Murrah high school, play. They have so much talent that it just seems unfair and most of them went to the same middle school. I still have nightmares about them...lol.

Edited by coachgat

Marshall County High School has a great group of girls. They have 5 Sophmores that are pretty good. 6'0 center Lauren March can score, 5'9 Jakerra Simmons has the ability to be a great defensive player and a pretty good scorer down low, 5'4 Dricka O'Neal has the fastest hands in the West and is HUSTLER, 5'7 Kenesha McClean is a great play maker and is able to bring excitment to the game, and 5'9 Andraya Tears has great upper body strength and works hard down low. These five young ladies have a lot of talent and they will be getting a lot of playing time this year. :lol:

] Go MCHS Tigerettes[/font]

SOME REALLY GOOD FRESHMAN PLAYERS THAT I HAVE SEEN PLAY----- MOLLY HEADY ---MONTEREY, RACHEAL BROWN---YORK, KELLI REED---CLARKRANGE, LAKEN LEONARD---RED BOILING SPRINGS AND SMITH COUNTY HAS A POST PLAYER THATS 6'8" TALL THATS GOING TO BE A BIG ASSET TO THIER TEAM. THERE ARE ALSO ALOT OF GOOD SOPHOMORES PLAYING NOW TO--- MOLLY ECARET---YORK,TAYLOR ADKINS---MONTEREY, SERENA SNOW, TASHA PHILLIPS, TORI LOWE AND HANNAH GREEN ALL FROM CLARKRANGE,LINDSEY WRIGHT---PICKET COUNTY.

You left off a couple of good players from LA. Freshman Shelby Taylor will break several ankles before she is finished and Soph. Kendra Kilgore sees the floor as good as anyone I have seen in a while. :blink: