Pigeon Forge

PFfan15

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I love the gym at Pigeon Forge. I would not campaign for a new gym, however, for the TSSAA rules to be changed. A school should be able to host their substate game if they win the right to. All TSSAA wants is money, it's plain and simple. It is unfair to the kids who work their butts off to earn that "home court" advantage for it to be taken away from them simply because their school has a small gym. TSSAA likes to say they work for the kids, however, it is the total opposite, they are all in it for money. Anyways, I do agree, the gym at Pigeon Forge is great for those kids and that school.

I agree, I love the gym at Pigeon Forge. I would not campaign for a new gym, however, for the TSSAA rules to be changed. A school should be able to host their substate game if they win the right to. All TSSAA wants is money, it's plain and simple. It is unfair to the kids who work their butts off to earn that "home court" advantage for it to be taken away from them simply because their school has a small gym. TSSAA likes to say they work for the kids, however, it is the total opposite, they are all in it for money. Anyways, I do agree, the gym at Pigeon Forge is great for those kids and that school.

I know and I agree with you. I heard from some people that if PF made it to substate that they could play at home and all TSSAA would do is fine them. Is that true? I think about it more and more and I don't see how they can enforce such a stupid rule, but I know the reason is TSSAA gets the gate money...Right?

Well, from what I have heard in the past, is that TSSAA will allow schools who have a small gym to host substate. However, if when they host it, TSSAA gets ANY complaints about their gym being too small, they will never be allowed to host one again, even if the gym is re-done. I'm not certain on this by any means, but this is what I have heard in the past. It would be something worth while to look into though for Pigeon Forge if indeed they do make it to substate this year. If it is just a fine, I am sure they could raise enough money to work it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, oh bright one. Your run on sentences and lack of correct comma usage are wasted on me. Were you educated at Pigeon Forge High School? If so, someone should contact the administration so that you can be properly reprimanded in order to not totally desecrate the academic reputation and credibility of a school that built its gymnasium so small that when they do have the opportunity to host a Sub-State basketball game, they are unable to do just that and must cast it out to a neutral site. Wait, maybe there is no academic credibility at such a place. Oh well, I'm done, and I've found the child...it is you.

I hate to be the one to bring this one up but you should just read the 3rd sentence of this post before you talk about grammar usage. For starters, this is a message board and noone really cares about commas and run-ons. Second, breath man. That 3rd sentence is so long I got tired of reading it after that second comma. Its basketball man...get over the grammar, the size of the gym and whatever else has your panties in a wad.

Well, from what I have heard in the past, is that TSSAA will allow schools who have a small gym to host substate. However, if when they host it, TSSAA gets ANY complaints about their gym being too small, they will never be allowed to host one again, even if the gym is re-done. I'm not certain on this by any means, but this is what I have heard in the past. It would be something worth while to look into though for Pigeon Forge if indeed they do make it to substate this year. If it is just a fine, I am sure they could raise enough money to work it out.

I think they could just borrow Sevier county's gym. They won't be needing it this year.

I hate to be the one to bring this one up but you should just read the 3rd sentence of this post before you talk about grammar usage. For starters, this is a message board and noone really cares about commas and run-ons. Second, breath man. That 3rd sentence is so long I got tired of reading it after that second comma. Its basketball man...get over the grammar, the size of the gym and whatever else has your panties in a wad.

I think they could just borrow Sevier county's gym. They won't be needing it this year.

You must never read Faulkner if I tire you. Most poor readers do tire of reading. It's like fishing...if you aren't any good at it, it grows old.

Basketball is played in gyms, correct? If so, then why can I not mention a simple fact about gym size? Again, I have no problems. I just wanted to state a fact.

And lastly, one more grammatical barb. A run-on sentence is not defined by the length of that sentence, Captain Intelligence. It is defined by lack of correct punctuation.

P.S.- Who is "breath man?" If you are telling me to breathe, please don't forget the "e" at the end of the word.